The Strokes Confirmed For Pearl Jam 20 Festival

FINALLY!

The Strokes have been confirmed for Pearl Jam 20 Festival, which takes place Labor Day Weekend — September 3 and 4 — at Alpine Valley Music Theater in East Troy, Wisconsin.

The festival celebrates the 20th anniversary of Pearl Jam’s Ten album and The Strokes and Queens of the Stone Age have been announced as support for Pearl Jam. Tickets go on sale on June 4.

If you remember, QOTSA, The Strokes and Pearl Jam worked on a Marvin Gaye cover back in 2006. Will we see this again?

This is the first Strokes show to be announced in the Midwest and I could not be more excited. The lineup includes: Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Queens Of The Stone Age, Mudhoney, John Doe, Joseph Arthur, Glen Hansard, and Liam Finn. I’ve only heard of four of those bands, but who cares? I can FINALLY see The Strokes play tracks from Angles without traveling half way around the country.

I think we might have to have a TSN tailgate beforehand. How does that sound to all of those planning on attending the festival?

1 Anthony May 16, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I’ll be there with bells and whistles on!

2 isthisjoe May 16, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Sounds great to me. I’ll definitely travel up there for those 3 bands. I’ve seen them all on separate occasions, and all are great live. Ha, you can actually better understand what Eddie Vedder is singing live than you can on the albums. QOTSA are totally energetic. The Strokes are, well, The Strokes.

3 Kimdiy May 16, 2011 at 1:24 pm

arghhh it’s awesome news but such a dilemma!! i live in western canada and am already going to lolla this summer and it’s pricey to go back to the east coast…the presale tix go on sale next week so i guess i have 7 days to decide. :-s

4 luis May 16, 2011 at 1:43 pm

can we please have a tailgate. I am freaking out. I love this.

5 Nick May 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm

even though i live no where near the midwest, i’d love to go to this i love QOTSA saw them live once they put on a hell of a live show and i’ve wanted to see pearl jam for a while and then there’s always those strokes!

i think they’re will def be collaborations of some sort, don’t know if it will be mercy mercy me, although that would be killer.

6 Brian Wallace May 16, 2011 at 1:59 pm

You know what’s crazy? The Strokes could have a Strokes 10 festival (actually more, the band formed in 1998.) So, Pearl Jam have only been going on for seven years longer than the Strokes have.

Brian

7 mike! May 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm

love you for making sick sick sick the song/clip of the day !

8 pbandj May 16, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Ahhh! I want to go so badly. I hate my school for not canceling classes on Labor Day…that would sure make it easier to go. Anyone have any idea how much tickets will cost? And/or if I can go for only one day of the festival?

9 didi May 16, 2011 at 3:34 pm

anyone know how long the drive will take from chicago?

10 Mary Shea May 16, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Sounds awesome! Sounds fun. Us east coasters need to have a tailgate next time The Strokes play out here! That’s such a good idea.

11 Ivan May 16, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Didi…I live in Chicago too! We can carpool if you’d like

12 Bernardo R. May 16, 2011 at 5:27 pm

For those interested in ticket informations heres a link http://www.pj20.com/tickets/
And for my fellow Strokes Fans in Chicago, if you guys can’t drive up, theyre providing a shuttle service.
I must say as a young student, this all seems kinda expensive, but very well worth it.

13 Kimdiy May 16, 2011 at 5:31 pm

@pbandj, here’s the tix breakdown
presale starts monday may 23rd for tenclub members. if you are a member you can only buy for the entire weekend if you’re not, then general public tix go on sale June 4th
only weekend tix will be sold on the pearl jam site, so i’m assuming that you can get single days at livenation or another ticket site.
the prices are as follows for the weekend presale tix: reserved/GA weekend is $334
General admission weekend is $252
hope that helps

14 Mike May 16, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Couple questions:

1- Will they play both days of the festival or just 1?

2- Do you really think they’ll be given a whole set to play their own material? Or will they just go on to play a couple pearl jam songs?

15 Carolyn May 16, 2011 at 7:36 pm

So much freaking money geeeez, which means none of my lame friends will go with me. Gahh I go to school in Milwaukee and live in Chicago, this means I have to go!!! How am I going to do this?!

16 AC May 16, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Ahhhh I’ve been waiting so long for a midwest show…but it’s still pretty far away for me/expensive :(
Gonna to have to do some serious thinking by June 4th

17 Carolyn May 16, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Ok just a quick question, so it says ten club members cannot buy tickets for one night only, and then it says “check back here for more details” for the general public. Does this mean that maybe general public can buy tickets for one night, so maybe it might be a little less expensive?

18 pbandj May 16, 2011 at 10:49 pm

@Kimdiy: Thanks for the info! I’m hoping that single day tix will be less!

19 Becky May 17, 2011 at 1:57 am

I. JUST. DIED. Also, SO down for TSN tailgate. IF i live that long. Trying to get into the stupid Ten Club & it’s not working!!!

20 Bro May 17, 2011 at 4:58 am

I think this will help the bands camaraderie. There’s no way they won’t have fun. Long live The Strokes!

21 tyler May 17, 2011 at 6:51 am

That mercy mercy me cover is great.

22 thomass May 17, 2011 at 8:06 am

God, Pearl jam is the fucking shit. They will blow your mind live.

23 Other Maria May 17, 2011 at 10:39 am

Just read over at the strokes fans twitter that julian (!!!HALLEfuckinLUIAH!!!) is finally being interviewed by Zane Lowe! And it’s airing tomorrow evening, i think. Fingers crossed he’ll ask better questions than he did with albert.

24 Eric Van Dril May 17, 2011 at 11:35 am

@Other Maria — Yeah, it’ll air tomorrow during Zane’s show (which starts during the middle of the day here in the US). Hopefully Zane doesn’t talk the entire time like he did for Albert.

25 Kimdiy May 17, 2011 at 11:51 am

@carolyn yeah tenclub members can only buy the weekend passes, no single day tix. as a tenclub member myself these have usually been the rules for years. even single shows you can only buy a pair of tix, no more. it makes it easier for them i guess.
but if i want single day tix or more than 2, i usually just wait for the general public sale and hope for the best. i’m assuming single day tix will be cheaper cuz i do love strokes, pj, and qotsa, but man that’s a pricey ticket for the weekend. hopefully i answered your question :-)

26 Carolyn May 17, 2011 at 2:14 pm

@kimdiy Yes thanks so much! I got my fingers crossed!! Hope it works out for you too!

27 ik May 17, 2011 at 3:29 pm

It says on pj20.com that artists on the line up are supposed to play both days.

28 alx. May 17, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Cool! Hope they do play the cover together!

29 Bernardo R. May 17, 2011 at 9:05 pm

So they’re going to play both days, do you guys think its worth spending soo much to see them two nights in a row?

30 Kimdiy May 18, 2011 at 8:33 am

i would think that if the same bands are performing both days, each day would have a different set.

31 Kimdiy May 18, 2011 at 8:34 am

so maybe that’s worth it for some people to spend the money??

32 Eric Van Dril May 18, 2011 at 9:33 am

Are they playing both days? Has that been confirmed?

33 ik May 18, 2011 at 11:33 am

@ Eric Van Dril- it says so on the news page: “All artists on the line-up page are confirmed to perform BOTH days of the PJ20 weekend. Please note- the line-up is subject to change. Performance schedules will be posted here when it becomes available.”

34 Eric Van Dril May 18, 2011 at 11:51 am

@ik — Oh cool. I was worried about missing QOTSA.

35 Bernardo R. May 18, 2011 at 1:02 pm

well i suppose i should get the two day tickets, i mean Pearl Jam AND The Strokes TWO nights in row, how many people can say no to that, but can someone please explain the difference between the two weekend tickets because theres one for $252 and another one over $300, whats the difference?

36 Kimdiy May 19, 2011 at 5:45 pm

@Bernardo…the higher priced ticket is because for one day you get a reserved seat, and the other you get a general admission ticket. the other price is for general admission lawn tickets.

37 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 9:02 pm

oh my god terrific submit admin will examine your weblog constantly

38 Ezequiel July 25, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Great submit admin! i bookmarked your website blog site. i’ll appear ahead when you can have an e-mail record including.

39 aventura July 27, 2012 at 10:51 pm

The Spirit of the Lord is with them that fear him. 942643

40 best inexpensive auto insurance September 16, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and come with almost all important infos. I would like to see more posts like this . 386728