Zane Lowe to likely interview Nikolai Fraiture on Thursday, Feb. 21

Zane Lowe will most likely interview Nikolai Fraiture tomorrow, during his show on BBC Radio 1.

The show takes place from 7-9 GMT. You can listen to it here. (Time zone converter here.)

So how did this come about, given that The Strokes were apparently not talking to any media?

For those who can’t listen tomorrow, I’ll post the interview on TSN as soon as I get it.

51 very metal February 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Well, that wasn’t encouraging.

52 very metal February 21, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Here it is roughly:

Zane: How did this album come together? Did it take a long time?

N: “It was touch and go here and there. But a couple months ago we finished at Electric Lady Land. Another boring recording story.”

Zane: Made like Angles without Julian, or was he there?

N: “all done together at Electric Lady. All five of us going back and forth hashing out an album like the good old days.”

Zane: Listening to it, you can tell you found the chemistry.

N: “Thanks, man.”

[Plays ATT.]

Zane: What was the starting point?

N “Coming off of some shows, we had these songs. Some were left over from the last album, some were new. It was working, so we went with it.”

Zane: discussions about shows? Have you talked about touring?

N: “Um… I don’t know.”

Zane: Ha. I knew we’d come to an impasse. Would you personally like to tour?

N: “I’d like to, yes.”

Zane: I feel like I have to ask on behalf of the fans. What’s the mood in the band?

N: “Yeah, that’s tough. I don’t know. You go up and down. Sometime you feel strong, sometime you feel scared. I feel good about it right now. I feel good about the atmosphere in the band.”

53 Matt February 21, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Chill. Maybe they just really aren’t sure. Perhaps they want to see how the album does before announcing any tour.

54 Ted February 21, 2013 at 12:56 pm
55 Tommy Pickles February 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Thank you @very metal. The only part that I liked about that interview was the mood of the band.

56 the modern age February 21, 2013 at 2:35 pm