Watch: The Strokes’ Entire Set At Bonnaroo 2011

For those in attendance and those who saw The Strokes play Bonnaroo Sunday night, this much is clear: This is best webcasted show they have played in 2011.

It’s that simple. When Julian is on point like he was on Sunday evening, there are few bands better than The Strokes. Here is the visual evidence…

The rest of the concert can be seen after the jump. GameswithaJ is the MVP, by the way.

“Take It Or Leave It all over my face.”

So, what do you think? Was Sweetlife or Coachella on par with tonight’s Bonnaroo gig? Was there a song that really stood out tonight?

Finally, Rolling Stone posted this “The Strokes talked to us about potential fall US tour/next album. See RollingStone.com Monday morning, watch interview and live footage” on Twitter tonight. My guess is there won’t be any commitment made by a Stroke, but I’ll keep you up to date.

51 karinaa June 14, 2011 at 5:07 am

i had to download all this shit on my computer for it to play the webcast and it was SOO WORTH IT! that was an awesome concert they really perfected every song..jules was a bit off on some notes in the beggining but other than that they were gods…i love how they always say how they had such a good time at MSG and that it was a memorable concert for them cause it was for me too! i feel so honored to have been able to see them there:)

52 karinaa June 14, 2011 at 5:12 am

@Molly St Clair i thought they played games too! i just saw the setlist…maybe i imagined it hahah

53 Sarah June 14, 2011 at 7:49 am

@Charles I see what you’re trying to say about the performances, sometimes it can be overwhelming to watch some musicians perform.

The thing is that they’re onstage and must act like performers, but they’re musicians and not professionnal comedians with a written sketch. Have you ever been onstage, do you realise how hard it must be to be in front of so many people and being scrutinized like that, how would you deal with that ? Try to see it from their side (from the side of the stage? ;-)).

It’s really hard to find your attitude, what to do and not do on stage and everyone find his own way to deal with that. Every artist has to create a scene character wich is not him (eccentric, complex or simple, that’s their choice). It’s really difficult to be onstage and be yourself and do whatever you want, they have to protect themself against this over-exposition, take their distance.

The public put pressure on artists to be great and not act like normal people they can see in everyday’s life, they want to dream a little when they go to a gig. But musicians are not here to entertain with their acting skills but with their music, if they add a little something more it’s cool, but not essential.

You know, beside some artists that have little presence on stage, there are also some people in the crowd that are dead like stones, should we not allow them to go to gigs?

Strokes presence on stage is pretty disturbing because they’re so detached and for sure they’re not Iggy, Bowie or Mercury. They’re not playing a role, they’re just themself with their humble scene’s skills, you like it or not, that’s the show.

54 Mary Shea June 14, 2011 at 8:24 am

Thanks so much for posting this. I’m finally able to catch up. They sound awesome (Jules’ voice is perfect)! This honestly probably beats Sweetlife.

55 Hanan June 14, 2011 at 9:29 am

oh my g-d.
this is like…2006 Strokes. like oxegen and benicassim and eurockcannes status.
SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

56 Yuko June 14, 2011 at 11:12 am

“Life is Simple in the Moonlight” isn’t my favorite tune from the latest album, but I saw SNL re-run on Sat & this clip on Sun, and now I soo love it!!

Jules’ voice sounds more emotional when he sings it live, and I think that makes huge difference. I really wish they will go on headlining tour in fall so I can listen them playing this song live!

57 boonie June 14, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Drove 19 hours from Boston to Bonnaroo and the strokes were great! everyone was really into it and the setlist was great, so glad they opened with Is This It and threw whatever happened? in there. I havent watched the videos yet but my favorites that I remember was Juicebox, Take it or Leave it, Is this it, whatever happend, NYC cops, YOLO, under control , Hard to explain, and youre so right…the only one that sounded a little shakey to me was life is simple…just sounded a little dull live

58 heather June 14, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Jules’ voice was on POINT in Under Control. That song was definitely a highlight of the show for me, as was Juicebox and Take It or Leave It, where the guys sounded AMAZING.Overall, awesome concert, but then again, I think they’ve been consistently good for the last few shows.

59 Eric Van Dril June 14, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Download mp3s here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/y40p6v

via musicinducedeuphoria.blogspot.com

60 Kris June 15, 2011 at 8:47 am

there are better video quality clips here – http://www.youtube.com/user/Albion2room#p/u/6/56VekTj3fwQ

61 Getting In Gear June 17, 2011 at 5:19 am

Did anyone see this terrible article?

This woman is an idiot, is an idiot, is an idiot, is an idiot.

She needs to at least read THIS site before she writes this garbage.

62 EPIC July 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Idk why anyone would complain about their stage presence. It’s my favorite part about the Strokes. They don’t wanna distract you from the music and don’t give a fuck up anything but the music

63 Henrik July 16, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Is it possible to DOWNLOAD the videos? Thanks btw :)

64 Eric Van Dril July 16, 2011 at 7:56 pm
65 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 10:23 pm

i bookmarked you in my browser admin thank you so much i will be looking for your following posts

66 best July 31, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Thank you for your extremely great info and feedback from you. car dealers in san jose 306649

67 travel installation August 4, 2012 at 9:06 am

For anybody who is interested in enviromentally friendly items, may possibly possibly surprise for you the crooks to maintain in mind that and earn under a holder basically because kind dissolved acquire various liters to critical oil to make. day-to-day deal livingsocial discount baltimore washington 741884

68 mi blog August 5, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Oh my goodness! an superb write-up dude. Thanks a whole lot Even so I

69 http://collegedormliving.com/college_dorm_supplies.htm August 21, 2012 at 6:50 am

Whoah this blog is magnificent i truly like reading your articles. Keep up the great paintings! You realize, lots of persons are searching round for this info, you could aid them greatly. 959233

70 ACLS Certification Course August 27, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.. 499555

71 e Zigarette September 1, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Hi there! Good stuff, please do tell me when you lastly post something like this! 589209

72 managed application hosting September 4, 2012 at 4:43 am

excellent work

73 Keith Cannon September 9, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Its outstanding as your other posts : D, regards for posting . 891248

74 http://www.galvestonvacationinfo.com/galveston_computer_repair.shtml September 11, 2012 at 6:33 am

Why didnt I think about this? I hear exactly what youre saying and Im so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what youre talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for this; Im officially a huge fan of your blog 936041

75 click here September 15, 2012 at 8:39 am

Real instructive and great anatomical structure of articles , now that

76 here September 15, 2012 at 10:38 am

Hey this really is kinda of off subject but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or in case you need to manually code with HTML. I