Watch: Professionally-shot video of The Strokes at Lollapalooza Brazil 2017

The Strokes’ triumphant return to the festival circuit continued on Sunday evening with an 80-minute set in São Paulo, Brazil. Luckily for us Strokes fans, it included an excellent live stream.

The Strokes played the following songs (in order): The Modern Age, Soma, Drag Queen, Someday, 12:51, Reptilia, Is This It, Threat of Joy, Automatic Stop, Trying Your Luck, New York City Cops, Electricityscape, Alone, Together, Last Nite, Heart in a Cage, 80’s Comedown Machine, Hard to Explain.

1 machupicchu March 27, 2017 at 6:55 am

i was there

best day of my life

2 wilson March 27, 2017 at 11:49 am

80’s Comedown machine is such a beautiful song. I’ve always wanted to hear it live, they did not disappoint.

3 hahahahaha March 27, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Sure it was awesome as they always are.

But, if I were allowed to be nit-picky, the set-lists continue to be a bore, especially if you have seen multiple times.

Throw a curve-ball in there.

4 ricardo March 27, 2017 at 1:40 pm

@hahahahaha
I really agree with you. They’re always awesome, and did play ’80’s’, but I did feel like they could’ve played not only a bigger set, but also a little less from Is This It, and focused on more recent albums. OWT, WTJ, Grastifaction, taken for a fool, YOLO, and so on…

5 Dillon March 28, 2017 at 9:20 am

Yeah I saw them at gov ball last summer and that was a fucking killer set list. This one is almost there but yeah if they could just switch out a couple of those ITI songs for some deeper cuts. Plus like a strokes show without YOLO or take it or leave it? That’s kinda crazy

Glad they played 80’s though. I still love comedown machine man. I will take that album over angles or any other strokes related project that’s come out since

6 the modern age March 28, 2017 at 6:50 pm

80s comedown machine <3 beautiful

7 Mike P March 29, 2017 at 9:45 am

Loved hearing 80s Comedown Machine! I get why they play so many ISI songs. This is a huge audience, many of which are casual fans. They want to play their classic songs and also try to introduce people to the new stuff with Drag Queen, Threat of Joy, and 80s Comedown Machine. They haven’t been to Brazil since 2011? I think they’re playing to something like 50,000 people. That’s insane.

8 Miguel March 29, 2017 at 10:07 am

80’s is beautiful! they seem to be having a good time, i read somewhere there were 90,000 people that day, the crowd was huge

9 Mateja March 29, 2017 at 4:02 pm

I love Is This It (song), but if you’re playing just 16 songs and another 8 from that record, I think it’s expendable. Same for Alone, Together. And TMA.

I hope they change the setlist for the next saturday. This one gotta be one of the worst of the last years.

10 Strokesy March 31, 2017 at 3:20 am

I think part of why they are playing so much from Is This It is because Julian has kind of sonically returned to that style. Tyranny and the recent EP kind of saw Julian return to the grungier, growly, disinterested croon he had on the earlier albums. I think its a bit of a direction of where they are as a band. Notice they let out some of the more poppy songs like Japan. I don’t know probably just reading too much into things as usual :p

11 Joseph A March 31, 2017 at 10:26 am

Father Electricty video is coming Monday 6pm. It’s premiering on cult’s website. According to their Facebook page

12 Wes March 31, 2017 at 2:16 pm

dude,
in this lion king song @ 2:08 it’s a total melodic rip from clearanace clear water revival’s looking out my backdoor
VVV Lion King (2:08)

CCR (@0:52)

I wonder how much modern music is actually ripped from classical music, probably a shit ton

13 Wes March 31, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Also listen to pink triangle by Weezer and Hard to Explain by TS. You will easily hear what the strokes “stole”. So dope

14 wilson April 1, 2017 at 6:30 am

Oh Boy, you think you’re special!?! also, Julian, WTF??? okay, nvm, I am a lady!? Full Stop, mainly because I do not know what else to say. Okay cool, ya’ll!!!!

15 lady April 1, 2017 at 6:31 am

wtf, not “wilson”

16 lady April 1, 2017 at 6:34 am

NOT WILSON….

17 lady April 1, 2017 at 6:34 am

“NOT WILSON”

18 Yung Zone April 1, 2017 at 9:16 am

ok so theres a vid for father electricity coming out monday.

and the cult records instagram posted a pic of artwork for jc + vdz animalz

19 Annie 1251 April 1, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Set list Lolla Argentina
3 encores
Crowd was amazing!!!

20 machupicchu April 1, 2017 at 7:53 pm

they played yolo and tioli in argentina

and barely legal instead of alone t

21 Annie 1251 April 1, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Lolla Argentina
recorded via the stream by Maria @onewaytriggers
minus HIAC & Last Nite

@Ubu
That must have been just amazing to be there for that show!

The energy from the band and the crowd was intense.
Julian was the most engaging I’ve ever seen him be on stage with the Strokes.
he talked and improvised so much-very entertaining lol
But also sang so well.

22 Annie 1251 April 1, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Posts are coming up out of order lol

One minute clip of Julian talking to Niko
End of ToJ

smh
I’m still laughing

23 Annie 1251 April 1, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Also
Voidz news for those interested

Jake replied back to me about the clips he posted of Amir playing the violin
They are just part of their “Wednesday night jam sessions”
But when we asked if the Voidz have stuff for our future he replied “yes”

They sure are not rushing that second album
#understatement

24 Ubu April 1, 2017 at 11:22 pm

Just came back from the show!! They were amazing, Julian was talking a lot and joking about argentinian stuff and how people here always sing along to every little guitar riff or solo.
Loved the show and the awesome (and unexpected) setlist