Watch: Nikolai Fraiture and Albert Hammond Jr. Speak With ‘Rolling Stone’ At Bonnaroo

Update: New interview with Albert can be seen at the bottom of this post. Updated

Last night, Rolling Stone Tweeted “The Strokes talked to us about potential fall US tour/next album. See RollingStone.com Monday morning, watch interview and live footage.”

Interview topics in the video below include: How The Strokes rehearse, Strokes V, what it was like to play MSG, what it is like to play to large audiences, Albert and Niko’s favorite Strokes songs and a potential fall tour.

Nikolai, when asked about a fall tour, replied “We’re going on a very long tour this fall.” Albert was more non-committal, but Nikolai’s honesty when asked directly is, in my opinion, very telling. Watch…

Watch The Strokes’ entire set at Bonnaroo here.

1 Ben June 13, 2011 at 8:23 am

I’m really surprised they’re doing a real tour all of a sudden. Maybe they’re all just getting along better? Great news, though.

2 Carolyn June 13, 2011 at 9:06 am

Yeah maybe they just wanted to test the waters with these festivals so as not to jump into a serious tour immediately, so maybe they’re feeling pretty good and ready to do their own shows. And I think playing to crowds of all real and appreciative Strokes fans consistently for a couple months will do them a lot of good.

3 GameswithaJ June 13, 2011 at 9:27 am

They seem really leaned back here, it’s as if they’re all grown up ♥

4 annie June 13, 2011 at 9:42 am

WOW, that came out of nowhere!! Just when we’d all pretty much given up on it!

5 annie June 13, 2011 at 11:42 am

Would it be pushing it to hope that they may have a few more European gigs too???!

6 Liv June 13, 2011 at 12:34 pm

They were amazing! I was there! And they seemed to be getting along really well. They were joking around and talking to each other a lot between songs.

7 KEVIN June 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm

US TOUR!! US TOUR!! US TOUR!! Please make it happen! I’ve seen ‘em 11 times but it’s still not enough! Never enough Strokes!!

8 Steve June 13, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I don’t think Nikolai was supposed to divulge that, you could sorta hear him say “shhhit” right after he finished talking and Albert jumped in. Great news regardless!

9 heather June 13, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I’m starting to develop a crush on Albert. lol He is so cute in that second video. Anyway, I’m really hoping for a US tour since I wasn’t able to make any of the festivals this year.

10 tyler June 13, 2011 at 3:08 pm

THey have no sage presence at all now. They lost it along with their musicianship wen Julian started getting all socialistic.

11 Brian Wallace June 13, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Albert looks like one of the Sweat Hogs from “Grease.”

Brian

12 Agueda June 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm

i am so excited about this news! i have yet to see the strokes (something has come up everytime!!!!! ugh!!) so i can’t wait!!!!
and @ tyler: pfft! quit being such a negative nancy. they are still rocking it. have you not seen any of the performances they’ve done this year?

13 Carolyn June 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm

@agueda me too!!!

to all those lucky ones out there who’ve seen the strokes in concert at their own show, how fast do tickets usually sell out? I know this varies from time to time, but just a general idea of the time frame would be great!

14 Andres June 13, 2011 at 9:14 pm

@tyler
the Strokes dont need sage presence but in terms of stage presence they do just ok
take for example msg…awesome show

15 Bobby June 13, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Wouldn’t a US tour be easier than playing all over the place at different festivals? I don’t get it. They were playing in France, I think some other places in Europe, New Orleans, the west coast. The has to be a way bigger pain in the ass than simply going across the country.

16 Ben June 14, 2011 at 5:39 am

^Not really. They don’t have to festivals everyday. They go home afterwards. And they get paid way, way more. With the festivals they make the most amount of money for the least amount of effort.

17 Dildo Daggins June 14, 2011 at 8:28 am

Off topic: for some reason, the chords/tabs for “Two Kinds of Happiness” haven’t been posted on the internet yet. Or I can’t find ‘em. Any musicians on the board? Have you seen this? Can you do this? Thanks.

18 Dildo Daggins June 14, 2011 at 8:33 am

Also, anyone see that girl in the wheelchair stage-side in the Rolling Stone video? That’s heartwarming stuff.

19 Sarah June 14, 2011 at 9:13 am

@Carolyn For the French concert of July this year, it was sold out in less than 3 days approximately, whithout any real promotion (and yet it was during a long weekend with a bank holiday).
I saw that in Brazil it was sold out in less than one day…

20 Hanan June 14, 2011 at 9:25 am

I love their interactions.
Albert looks so great =)

21 Carolyn June 14, 2011 at 10:12 am

@Sarah, awesome, thanks! Just want to make sure I’m on top of my game when tickets go on sale (assuming this tour is happening of course)

22 Ben June 14, 2011 at 10:43 am

@Daggins, I believe most of the song is simply a I – IV – V progression, in G I think. Very simple stuff, except for the lead part.

23 It June 14, 2011 at 11:24 am

LMAO the tags on this story are ridiculous.

24 Dildo Daggins June 14, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Thanks, Ben. That’s definitely the verse. The chorus isn’t totally intuitive, or at least it’s not revealing itself to me, but I should be able to figure it out.

25 Dildo Daggins June 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Think I’ve got it:
(and this may all be a fret sharper)
VERSE:
G-C-D, D-C-G
BRIDGE:
Am-C, Am-D
CHORUS:
C-G-D

26 Dildo Daggins June 14, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Sorry, think the bridge is just: Am-D, Am-D. This is “Two Kinds of Happiness”, by the way…no one cares.

27 connor pierce June 14, 2011 at 4:36 pm

After that Weiner Fest or whatever it was called I was starting to doubt the Strokes. But after watching the stream of them playing Bonnaroo all my worries went away because they actually looked like they wanted to be up there playing to that crowd instead of looking uninterested. Then to see this interview and hear the news of a possible US tour my doubt is completely erased. PLEASE LET THERE BE A DENVER DATE ON THAT TOUR!!!

28 connor pierce June 14, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Also, lately Albert and Niko have been slowly turning into my favorite members of the band. They’re the ones who seem happy to be with the strokes and seem more optimistic about the future of the band.

29 Marchelle June 14, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Hey Eric? Did you know that Urban Outfitters is selling Strokes shirts? Also, on Amanda’s Twitter, she said that Nick has already written the theme song for her television show.

30 Olivia June 14, 2011 at 8:14 pm

^ Yeah I agree, I will always have Julian at the top just because……he’s Julian But Albert and Niko seem to be thinking positive and are more neutral in all the interviews. I’m sad that Nick seems to be the bad guy blaming everyone on their side projects. =( I hope that was just for hype and not for real.

US tours would be AMAZING! Come to SoCal more! PLEASE!

31 Kate June 14, 2011 at 8:58 pm

A US tour would be amazing!! I would absolutely love to see The Strokes live. I seriously think it would make my life!

32 Ben June 15, 2011 at 6:15 am

@Daggins — Looks about right. Now someone just needs to tab out Nick’s crazy lead in the chorus.

33 Dildo Daggins June 15, 2011 at 9:39 am

Yeah, I think he used a hand blender on that.

34 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Terrific put up admin thank you. I discovered what i used to be looking for here. I will review total of posts in this working day

35 Diedra July 25, 2012 at 4:29 pm

I required for this web site submit admin seriously thanks i’ll search your up coming sharings i bookmarked your blog