Watch: Nick Valensi’s CRX plays ‘Ways to Fake It’ on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’

CRX, Nick Valensi’s side project, made its television debut on Tuesday, Oct. 11. It played “Ways to Fake It” on Jimmy Kimmel Live”.

It’s still very weird to see Nick on stage, singing, but I thought the band sounded really tight. What did you think?

The band’s debut album will be released on Oct. 28. It will support the album with a two-month tour of North America.

Also, Nick said in a recent interview with DIY that The Strokes are working on new material. That made waves yesterday, but you of course knew that because you read this site and know to expect new Strokes music next year because he said that to Rolling Stone.

1 Mateja October 12, 2016 at 7:57 am

He’s playing rhythm, isn’t he?

Overall, a very good performance. Fronting duties seem so natural for him.

2 gS October 12, 2016 at 11:41 am

Not hating, but I’m not feeling it. I do not like the song. I will say that Nick is extremely talented. He’s a machine on that guitar. But this song sucks. Hopefully we’ll get some soul music on the rest of the album.

3 LeavingIt October 12, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Confirmed, Strokes working on 6th album. “I’d rather just pull a Beyoncé at some point next year and just drop shit.” Nick never minces words. 😀

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/the-strokes/97033#dFDX0DSCZiBFrmLM.99

4 Valeyard October 13, 2016 at 7:22 pm

I will see them in Houston.

5 Casanegras October 16, 2016 at 2:09 pm

This “aahhh” before nick starts to sing is pretty annoying!
I really love nicks guitar work but his voice and acting as a singer is pretty off…that’s just my opinion so no offence…Nevertheless I’m looking forward hearing the production and the whole album

I must say I really really like what Nicolai is doing…
Love the post punk vibe of the two songs.

6 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT October 16, 2016 at 5:21 pm

relevant

and

Jules dad article on GQ Oct 2016 Mark Ronson cover edition

7 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT October 16, 2016 at 5:25 pm
8 HumanDadness October 16, 2016 at 10:27 pm

why exactly is this relevant now?

9 Annie 1251 October 17, 2016 at 8:43 am

New Growlers video
Best song on the album imo
Love it so much

See what Brooks says about the vid in the RS article there in Julians tweet.

10 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT October 17, 2016 at 9:00 am

your name is HumanDadness based on Human Sadness,

if you ever listened to that song, Jules feelings about his dad come out, several of the lines are about him. Ever so that there are interviews of the other bandmates saying that Jules literally was at tears during the recording of it.

Relevant because his lifestyle and death had an impact on Jules.
Relevant- if you read at least one of the articles, Jules dad approached the director telling him that he had 6 months to live–imagine Jules knowing that amist recording/releasing Voidz etc.
Relevant because it many ways John Casablancas was the many things that Jules has said he did not want to become, it is said they had reached resolution and were on good terms by passing but – even in human sadness you can sense the regret of perhaps the longing for maybe reaching that prior.

Heck people here post links about Sam Adouqui etc so thought I’d share this really quick- I dont usually comment drawn out posts.

11 HumanDadness October 17, 2016 at 9:26 am

Oh ok cool. Yeah it’s interesting to read/hear about John. But, at least to me, it’s not really new news – and I’m sure it’s not to people who love the voidz/Human sadness, and can make the connections you mention.

Hence me asking about the relevance, specifically, for now. Wasn’t trying to be devaluating or annoying. Just thought maybe there was a bigger importance relating to an upcoming thing or something like that (not that the aforementioned emotional connections aren’t important for Human Sadness / their 2014 lp).

That movie is really crazy btw.

12 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT October 17, 2016 at 9:39 am

Oh yeah apologies if I came out too strong, not much new news, I agree

but at least that GQ is real fresh, just a Casablancas connection.

Yeah it’s crazy, I watch fashion documentaries and was surprised it slipped by my radar, have seen both YSL documentaries and others and wow the fashion world is even crazier than rock- in terms of drugs, women, and just overall x things that happen.

13 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT October 17, 2016 at 10:06 am

on relevant news, mm not sure if people had seen it

but CRX created a playlist on Spotify of songs that “inspired New Skin”

14 Sally October 17, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Julian is a hypocrite if he wants to talk about government corruption but votes for Hillary

15 nightrider October 19, 2016 at 5:14 pm

I don’t know if the growlers are really enjoying being on Cult Records, atleast by Brooks reaction when he was asked about Cult he said “Cult records more like difficult records” and then said he was kidding. Cult seems to have some human resources problems wich is a shame cause the Growlers were a great addiction and took a great jump on this record it would be a shame if Cult doesn’t deliver, same for any other Cult band

16 rxgc October 19, 2016 at 10:31 pm

This is my least favorite song from the ones i’ve heard =P

17 Mikey B October 20, 2016 at 9:39 am

Valensi might deliever a better album than momentary masters, broken bones is bomb.