Watch: High-Quality Videos Of The Strokes At Oxegen, Summer Sonic Festivals

I’ve been absorbed in a new job, so I’ll admit to not being as up on the latest Strokes videos as I should be. With that said, there’s a chance these videos have been disseminated within The Strokes community already.

If so, I apologize for wasting your time. If not, here are three high-quality videos of The Strokes playing Oxegen and Summer Sonic at varying points over the last couple months.

TFAF and Last Nite at Summer Sonic…

Two videos from Oxegen after the jump…

Reptilia at Oxegen…

YSR at Oxegen…

1 Gabe October 2, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I don’t think the Strokes will ever top their Letterman performance of Taken for a Fool. I keep waiting to see it happen…

2 WTH? October 2, 2011 at 8:40 pm

TFAF -Julian sang like shit, like he didnt even care

3 tyler October 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Christ help me. I have visited this site at least everyday since june 2010, as the strokes are my favorite band. I remember when Nikolai posted a tweet talking about recording in New York. Since then, I have been on the ass of The Strokes, and their new plans toward an album. After Angles being disappointing, and every decision they have made since then disappointing me, I don’t know what to do…..but I have faith Julian will pull through for their new album. I just…….know it.

4 the modern age October 3, 2011 at 8:25 am

I was happy to see Albert and Fab so into YSR! Julian’s been moving around the stage a little more recently, which is cool, although I must say I miss seeing him smashing shit everywhere. He moved his shades at one point in there too- it’s easy to forget how young he looks since he covers up his pretty face so often. They seemed a little bored during Last Nite but I thought Reptilia sounded great.

@Gabe, Letterman must be the best venue for them. I think their performance on Letterman of TIOLI right after ITI was released was the best I’ve seen. Julian falls over at the end and still doesn’t miss a beat.

@tyler, you’re funny. Do you remember the song (songs?) on the making of Angles videos that wasn’t actually on Angles? I liked that a lot- I hope they get that together for Strokes V.

5 Ina October 3, 2011 at 8:30 am

Is Julian really sober? Looks like he was drunk there :/

6 the modern age October 3, 2011 at 8:36 am

@Ina, I hope so!

7 Dillon October 3, 2011 at 11:23 am

god TFAF sounded like total shit in that video.
and tyler i agree with you i love the strokes but angles has lost alot standing with me since it first came out. i still think some songs are pretty decent but if the next one isnt better than i might have to admit to myself that the strokes are washed up.

8 Alex October 3, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Do you know if there’s any high quality videos of The Strokes at Benicassim yet?

9 Impish Gnome October 3, 2011 at 4:10 pm

@tyler, I, too, am waiting for them to pull through. I still love them to death, but there’s no denying that this last album was something of a disappointment.. still, I’m a believer..

10 AC October 3, 2011 at 7:04 pm

So I was listening to Spotify, and all of a sudden a song that sounded just like Ize of the world came on…it was called Island of the Sun by Weezer…am I crazy or are they actually really similar?

11 leo October 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm

obviously im obsessed with the strokes, but that version of taken for a fool was the worst piece of shit ive ever heard in my life

12 Skye October 3, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Yeah, that wasn’t a good TFAF. But I’ll give the boys a pass on one performance of one song! lol

13 Darth Vader October 4, 2011 at 5:01 am

@AC, I am not hearing it at all. Curious what you think of the song sounds like Ize..Maybe its the guitars to a certain extent?

14 come on guys October 4, 2011 at 6:39 am

Give them a fuckin break. It definitely wasn’t their best, Julian completely fucked it up, but no one is perfect. From the videos I’ve seen, TS put on a pretty good show in Tokyo. They’re obviously still an amazing band or this site wouldn’t exist.

15 come on guys October 4, 2011 at 6:50 am

Also, I don’t think Julian didn’t care during TFAF, I think he just fucked it up and got pissed at himself. He kept turning around after forgetting the words. I’ve noticed in some videos of live performances he’s fucked up that he makes faces, talks to himself incoherently and looks mad for the rest of the song. I just want to shake him and tell him to get over it since he usually sounds so great.

16 WTF! October 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I am so pissed. I found a link on YouTube for a 3 minute video claiming to be audio for ILTN. It was some crappy fake thing with fucked up images, and the parts of the song that were in there weren’t even blended decently. NOT FUNNY.

17 wolfman October 4, 2011 at 1:12 pm
18 boon October 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Julians definitely drunk at Oxegen, its about time

19 the modern age October 5, 2011 at 6:02 am

@boon, Hellooo we don’t want him to be drunk again. Do you remember what happened the last time? It turned into a huge problem and almost wrecked everything.

interview w/Julian, watch 4:10-4:40 if you still feel that way

20 Julie October 5, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Guys I don’t know what you’re talking about, he doesn’t seem drunk at all. I’ve seen him shitfaced at shows before and this was not one of those times.

21 boon October 5, 2011 at 9:25 pm

@themodernage well if he not drunk hes feeling pretty loose compared to last shows. I saw them when they were all throwing back red cups between each song. Ive seen other interviews when he says he doesnt really drink anymore, so he must sometimes. Hes a rockstar, everywhere he goes he gets offered a drink. He mustve thrown a few back with Eddie Vedder and Josh Homme cause we know they were.

22 the modern age October 6, 2011 at 7:34 am

@boon, Oh I’m sure he does and I totally agree with you. He still gets stoned, that’s for sure- good for him. It would just be sad if he was shitfaced all the time and it fucked everything up again- who knows though. He always seems so embarrassed on camera during those interviews and the printed ones talking about a bottle of vodka a day, plus beer and whiskey just sound sad. That seems like a personal problem to me.

Whatever though. Just have fun, get the fuck along with each other, and keep making music for us guys!

23 boon October 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm

@themodernage yeah man just keep making music is the key and who doesnt like to get stoned haha

24 Fred October 12, 2011 at 10:42 am

just imagine everyone in the band performances as bad as julian….. they would be dead in a weak. The strokes are dead for me since the new album. im sorry. have been a fan(and still am) since 2004. listening to their songs every day(yes every fucking day)

25 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I essential for this webpage post admin definitely thanks i’ll look your future sharings i bookmarked your blog

26 Franklin July 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Great post admin! i bookmarked your website website. i will seem ahead if you can have an e-mail number including.

27 Tennessee Stanley Opener Repair September 27, 2012 at 12:30 am

Hey there. I want to to inquire something