Watch: High-Quality Video Of The Strokes’ Entire Set At Nyon’s Paleo Festival

What a way to end the European tour. 70 minutes of professionally-shot footage from The Strokes’ set at Paleo Festival.

The Strokes, Paléo Festival Nyon 2011 (concert… by paleo

Thank you for the link, Sarah.

51 Massimiliano Morelli July 24, 2011 at 12:58 pm

1st – this european festivals tour: great to see the strokes headling festivals but to me it would have been a lot better to have seen them in a more intimate, ahem, version. Festivals are in fact always as risky for the strokes as a strokes’ show is risky for their fans. I mean, we all love them to the point of fanaticism, but are they always willing to trasmit that love of ours back to us via a live show? Plus, the tix are generally too expensive and the money one has to pay for big shows like these is not always worth the deal. However, whatever, highest european festivals point: they still look young and beautiful and still sport fucking great outfits. Lowest point: the show in Italy (not even eight songs into the show and the power breaks down…).
2nd – to me, there’s no such thing as “the best Strokes album”: every Strokes album is their best, long-fucking-awaited Angles included. When I want to be twenty again, it’s Is This It; when I what to feel rich, beautiful and poetically bored, it’s Room On Fire; when I need deeper tones, profounder pitches and more experimentation, it’s FIOE. And it’s got to be Angels when I feel like immersing in as-tight-as-ever new-era highway-couture-inwoven sounds.

52 koloi39 July 24, 2011 at 12:59 pm
53 mmmhmm July 24, 2011 at 4:13 pm

What an epic stage set up! :))

54 mateja July 24, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Ize of the world is by far the best musical moment of The Strokes career

One of the greatest songs i’ve ever heard. Effin’ masterpiece

55 Micke_J July 25, 2011 at 9:07 am

Good to see there are some ADULT fans here who can take a jab or two eventhough we would unconditionally buy any future crap single of The Strokes.

Really digging that setlist someone posted, may as well scrap Evening Sun as well- but it really was a shame Hawaii didnt make it. One of the catchiest and most fun songs they have done even if its no masterpiece musically. ;-)

56 woon July 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm

ok so this tour weve had 24 songs
(hopefully we’ll get all of them at reading and leeds)

8 from is this it (how barely legal hasnt been played yet is beyond me)
6 from room on fire (strangely omitting 2 singles?)
3 from first impressions (ask me anything only played once?)
and a healthy 7 from angles (would still love to hear two kinds of happiness)

considering 1st impressions is by far the longest album, the lack of track is a little strange
ize of the world, razorblade, on the other side red light… all deserve econsideration imo

what tracks are people missing most?? and what tracks that werent in the set at the start of the year are people glad to be hearing???

57 JAVIERE BELEN July 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm

THE STROKES COME TO CHILE PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58 Iasmiine July 25, 2011 at 10:29 pm

@Woon l would LOVE to see them play Soma!!! Barely Legal, TEHNE, Ize, Heart in a Cage… Pretty much any song currently not on the setlist!

59 alanna July 26, 2011 at 1:37 am

“TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT OR DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WAAAAANT.” julian is so fucking awesome.

60 ro July 27, 2011 at 10:16 pm

i absolutely adore Automatic stop..such a beautiful song..

I love the Strokes.Does anyone know how many records they have sold totally.Just curious

61 Jj July 28, 2011 at 5:28 am

Julians voice is on fire at the moment. I was just about to cry before when I heard The Modern Age.. I don’t known what the fuck that was, but… Julian is just so.. Impossible to beat…
Yeah, I’m an upcoming musician.

62 Rizki Pratama July 30, 2011 at 12:18 pm

how to download this video,dude?

63 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Greetings thanks for excellent publish i used to be seeking for this situation last two days and nights. I will search for up coming valuable posts. Have entertaining admin.

64 Kris July 25, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I was curious about your upcoming submit admin seriously essential this web site super astounding weblog

65 iPhone 4 Back Glass August 22, 2012 at 12:26 am