Watch: An EPIC (Yes, Epic) Performance Of ‘Take It Or Leave It’ In Paris

The following video is The Strokes playing Take It Or Leave It. Watch the crowd, watch Nick and listen to Fab’s bass drum at 2:15 drive the tempo of Take It Or Leave It into the stratosphere.

This is the best band in the world.

Three less intense (but just as good) videos from Paris after the jump.

1 Eric Van Dril July 21, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I’ve watch this TIOLI video probably 10 or 15 times at this point, and I think it’s their top-5 best songs. It’s criminally underrated because they play it at every show.

2 Hanan July 21, 2011 at 10:39 pm

man I wanna see them live again so badly.

3 Eric Van Dril July 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm

I want to see them do a proper show. Seeing them from the lawn at the PJ 20 fest won’t be enough. I need to be within an arm’s length of Julian’s bulge.

4 Hanan July 21, 2011 at 10:59 pm

trust me, Eric, sooner or later, all true fans experience that joy. it’s only a matter of time.

5 alanna July 21, 2011 at 11:23 pm

albert’s solo will never not give me chills. he is a magician.

6 Eric Van Dril July 21, 2011 at 11:45 pm

@alanna — The crazy thing is that it’s basically only one note.

@Hanan — I wish I could hug Julian : (

7 sin July 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm

WOW this was so badass! i looove how nick was so into it! that was so cool to watch. i’ll be watching this over and over and over!!

8 jordi July 22, 2011 at 1:38 am

@ Eric – thank you so much for this website. I honestly could not imagine my daily internet browsing routine without it.

That TIOLI performance was on point… what an amazing concert song.

Machu Pichu is so fucking cool live.

LISITML sounded pretty rough.

God I cant wait for them to do a U.S. tour

9 Dillon July 22, 2011 at 2:52 am

god my family is vacationing in france right now and we spent a week in paris and a week in the country but i missed out on this show by like three days!!!! just look at that crowd. and even nick and nikolai were ROCKING out.

but oh well, the strokes are obiviously not lying when they say they’re in a great place. Maybe it was the european tour that brought them back, but they seem to have put the tensions behind them and are loving being the strokes again. Hugging before stage, playing meet me in the bathrrom, alone together, ect… unvailing macchu picchu, and that fucking enthusiasm! Plus the band is playing and Julian is singing so great. its like they’re twenty one again.

heres hoping they dont lose steam workin on the next album, that the next album hits as high as angles but withough the blatant filler, and to a U.S tour thats bigger but just as good from show to show as this european tour was!!

long live the strokes

10 Tirtsa July 22, 2011 at 5:25 am

Very nice of you to post these Eric. They’re mine, I’m pretty happy with the quality actually.
I still have to put Reptilia up. Sorry, for being a bit later with uploading than others since I had to travel back to Amsterdam yesterday and back in the office today. In a previous post I used the name Tess and asked for questions as there was a chance of getting an interview. Unfortunately the record label only allowed 30 minutes to talk to the press in the end, so obviously giving 5 – 10 minutes to Dutch media didn’t seem fair I guess, so I’m ok with that. Only rather annoying thing was that even the guestlist now had a waiting list, so I ended up having to buy a ticket from someone outside.

The show itself was awesome. The sound in Zenith wasn´t very good though and surely they could have played a little longer, but that´s all the negative things I can say. My review will follow shortly.

11 Sarah July 22, 2011 at 5:33 am

The complete live from Paleo festival of last nite, don’t miss it:

Bye ze Strokes see y’a soon and thanks for this European magical tour

12 s July 22, 2011 at 8:24 am

amazing.

just got home from a big night, first thing i do is check up on the strokes.

this time next weekend will be a year since i last saw them.
they NEED to come back to australia.
we miss the strokes

13 Deirg July 22, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Again…. These guys have left me completely speechless. Seriously, anyone who knows and loves the strokes (which should be everyone on here and if not gtfo haha) ABSOLUTELY knows that TIOLI is the ever present, spectacular closing song of nearly every strokes setlist for the past ten years. But THIS performance shows that no matter how many times we have experienced or listened to it, the strokes can freaking make us fall in love with them all over again. I honestly cant explain how amazed I am that, even after being played countless times over the years, TIOLI continues to hit me with as much force and passion as the first time I ever heard it. Europe, whatever it is you’re doing, you’re doing it right because the performances I’ve seen out of our guys in the past month are some of the best ever.

14 Lulu July 22, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Agreed.

Best band in the world. Three months ago I wondered if they had it in them.

Possibly, they did as well.

Question answered.

15 Jj July 22, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Julian is a pretty decent singer and musician :D
If that means pretty legendary.
FINALY did nick look like having fun. He’s an idiot but also a nice guy. ” I just can’t figure out…”

16 TAW July 22, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Holy efiing hell…that was incredible.

17 Stephanie July 22, 2011 at 9:25 pm

AMAZING. They all seemed to be really enjoying.

18 Molly St Clair July 22, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I definitely love the way Julian sings the part “jealous, jealous, jealous” live much more than the cd.

19 Jj July 23, 2011 at 12:53 am

Lol for while now I’ve been thinking that julian do not look as cool as he did once but i got to say… He looks pretty damn cool still :D

20 Gabe August 7, 2011 at 4:59 am

Oh dude I was there right in front of Nikolai and Nick and this concert was just E P I C and Automatic stop was played !!! So happy that was maybe the best day ever really.

21 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I used to be seeking for this excellent sharing admin very much thanks and also have great blogging bye

22 Wesley July 25, 2012 at 4:36 pm

i bookmarked you in my browser admin thank you a lot i is going to be in search of your future posts