Watch: Albert Hammond Jr. gets shirtless in ‘St. Justice’ video

Albert Hammond Jr’s new EP was released this week and, on Wednesday, the new video for ‘St. Justice’ hit the Internet.

Here it is, featuring a shirtless Albert trying to take the title of Sexiest Stroke from Nikolai. This video is NSFW.

1 Matt October 9, 2013 at 8:50 am

Unexpected lady nips.

Loved the Strokes vinyl plug, and seeing Albert’s You Only Live Once guitar on the wall. I assume this is his apartment.

2 Eric Van Dril October 9, 2013 at 9:05 am

@Matt — Yeah, that’s his place. It’s where the Guitar Moves episode was filmed.

3 Dracula's Lunch October 9, 2013 at 10:59 am

I feel like I just watched an X Art video, albeit with much better music and acting. So I’m not complaining!

4 Gibson October 9, 2013 at 12:19 pm

WOW, The video is actually really good! Props to Albert, cult and the people involved in the making of the video

5 I Can't Win October 9, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Well, now we know Albert has a tattoo on his ribs. Cool. His next video should be a shot for shot recreation of this one with Julian playing the part of the model.

6 Sarah October 9, 2013 at 1:42 pm

The video is just perfect, nice synth of the music and the movements flow, nice cameo of Strokes’ vinyls and Vertigo, and the second slap seems pretty real…also Albert is getting sexier with time.

7 Annie 1251 October 9, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Real nice video- emotional and sexy! and I love the song. Do we know for sure if Warren did this video?

LOVED that he held up 3 Strokes records – with CM on top! Go Albert!

@I Can’t Win
Your post made me SMILE :) Unfortunately, Mr. 17 Layers Casablancas seems to think “stripping down” means jeans and a t-shirt, lol. Fans get all excited if he shows a naked elbow FFS.

8 Matt October 9, 2013 at 4:05 pm

@Annie
I love that it was the three most controversial records that he chose

9 Annie 1251 October 9, 2013 at 4:43 pm

@Matt
Good observation and I agree!

also-CAN ANYONE TRANSLATE THIS TWEET TO ALBERT? There was a rumor that he was thinking of playing OWT at his solo shows. Which was probly just a rumor. srsly.

Albert Hammond, Jr. ‏@alberthammondjr 19m
“@PSalaberry: @alberthammondjr el domingo tenés que tocar canciones de los Strokes.”

I don’t play stroke songs
View conversation

10 Tannk October 9, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I love the video! It goes great with the song, and Albert looks great. Im not a big fan of the EP, but i think St. Justice is a great song.
btw.. that model in the video is soooo skinny!

11 Dave October 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Albert did tweet a few weeks ago that he was considering playing OWT live, even though he said he wouldn’t do stroke songs a few times prior…who knows what will happen til we see him live.

12 al October 9, 2013 at 10:13 pm

everyone post whatthey think the lyrics are for every song

13 Annie 1251 October 10, 2013 at 4:06 am

Last nite I was having a convo on Twitter with a friend – asking her if she knew if there would be another video from this EP- and before she could answer me – Albert did! Apparently everyone but me -lol- knew Carnal Cruise would be the next video. But here’s the tweet anyway in case someone else missed out on that info too:

Albert Hammond, Jr. ‏@alberthammondjr 9h
“@Annie_1251: @meladydonna @alberthammondjr I agree! Will there be a 2nd video? I don’t know how that works 4 an EP”

Yes/carnal cruise
View conversation

**Albert seems VERY EXCITED about his new music, btw.

Also – I actually think Cooker Ship is the best song on the EP.
What’s everyone else’s favorite?

14 Kinger October 10, 2013 at 4:37 am

@Annie 1251

Ohhhh. Strange Tidings.

Love that gem so much! Reminds me of Trying Your Luck. (Which is my favorite Strokes song)

15 Ubu October 10, 2013 at 8:20 am

I hope he doesn’t play any Strokes songs. IMO it doesn’t feel right (even when Julian played some songs I think it sucked without the other guys)

16 LillySu October 10, 2013 at 10:33 am

@Annie, today I changed my mind. My fav now is Strange Tidings instead of St. Justice. Kinger, maybe you’re right. I didn’t think about Trying Your Luck, but it’s my fav from ITI, so it makes sense.

Ubu, I agree. I also had problem hearing Strokes songs on Phrazes tour, although it’s less weird as Julian sings them anyway. I think I would cry if Albert do One Way Trigger on his tour. At least not before we hear Strokes perform it live. It would be sacrilege.

And yes, I really like St. Justice video. Nicely done! Maybe the best Cult video so far.

17 Wolfsie October 10, 2013 at 12:24 pm

This is supposedly the link to watch the streaming of Albert at Personal Fest on Sunday, if it works

18 Wolfsie October 10, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Sorry that’s just the ad but click on the uploader personal Argentina and you should see the feed button…

19 the modern age October 11, 2013 at 10:15 am

I love this video! Great song, nice emotional mini-storyline and very sexy. They did a great job!

Also, Strange Tidings is my favorite too.

20 I Wonder... October 11, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Hey guys —

came across this the other day. highly recommend — especially for a music palate cleanse as we wait for more strokes stuff !

(also bandcamp is a create site for hearing new stuff and young, starving, aspiring artist).

21 treblclef20 October 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Albert’s playing on Oct. 28 in NY -http://guestofaguest.com/new-york/calendar/2013/october/aperture-11-benefit-and-auction-1

22 mateja October 11, 2013 at 8:15 pm

this is a very interesting interview to Albert, probably the best one I read these days

23 Ted October 13, 2013 at 2:55 am

thanx for the link of the interview.
I love each member of this band but Julian taking control of this band is the best thing they ever had. Hope he’s going to take control on the next album

24 thestrokesonfire October 17, 2013 at 1:47 am

I thought the video and song were weak as fuck, (what’s with the (tit shot?) a bit strange and uncalled for (at least she could of had a set)…

@ LillySu so you had a problemg listening to The Strokes music on Julian’s solo tour? . .. Just wait till their all old and they all play Strokes songs without the other member’s… take in mind The Beatles…. I say enjoy it don’t fight it, gezzzz.. Strokes Fucking rule!