Video: Summer Moon plays ‘Chemical Solution’, ‘With You Tonight’ on Carson Daly

Summer Moon, Nikolai Fraiture’s side project, played ‘Chemical Solution’ and ‘With You Tonight’ on a recent episode of ‘Last Call with Carson Daly’.

The band’s debut album figures to be released in the coming months, but there still hasn’t been a date announced.

1 FrenchConnection October 9, 2016 at 9:52 am

“Chemical Solution” sound very pretty charming touching

in terms of atmosphere, that reminds me “Automatic Stop”, “Life is simple in the Moonlight” and “Modern Girls & Old Fashioned Men” and this kind of song

genre perfect soundtrack for a Sofia Coppola’s film maybe

in any case, Summer Moon seems to be a solid and charming project and also a “true NY band”, i find, genre Brooklyn by night and all

2 Moonsmonsta October 9, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Daaamn. Nikolais group gets no love. I liked it. Just wondering why the keyboard player was there. The synths were good, but the other part she was playing seemed like filler, bad filler.

3 Valeyard October 9, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Sounds great. I hope they come to my hometown.

4 Tutts October 11, 2016 at 4:32 am

Hello- just throwing this out there- 10/29 downtown Des Moines- playing a set of strokes covers at vaudeville news. Hits from first 2 albums. Lots of fun, sounding pretty good. Check it out if you live in area! Rex Manning’s Revenge! 10/29 @ vaudeville mews. Thanks

5 sss October 11, 2016 at 8:38 am
6 Cornel West October 11, 2016 at 8:51 am

yay

7 AutomaticStop October 11, 2016 at 12:48 pm

Nikolai’s group sounds fine. Doesn’t really excite me, but just like all other Strokes-related projects, there is some cool-ness and catchy-ness in these songs. Hope it continues to develop.

Really digging the Growlers album. There’s a couple of songs I really don’t get, I’ll be Around (sounds like a boring Arctic Monkeys track) and Vacant Lot (really dislike this one, not sure what it’s doing in the album), but the rest are really good. And they sound a lot like TS. If I showed some of these songs to friends of mine and told them it’s a new Strokes song, they wouldn’t doubt it. The vocals, singing style, lyrics are all very Julian-like, as are some guitars and arrangements. That’s not to say it’s all; due to JC’s being producer- listening to older Growlers stuff, they sound like TS too. Too Many Times, Daisy Chain, Nightshift are my favorites right now.

8 Miguel October 11, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Vacant Lot is the most badass song on the record but you know it’s just my opinion.

9 jajajaj October 11, 2016 at 5:42 pm

@ miguel & automaticstop

The new The Growlers record is great! Sadly, I don’t think it made the splash that the band or Julian were hoping for.

No album reviews on ANY major publications. I’m shocked Pitchfork wasn’t all over this album, at the very least, to write a 130 page negative dissertation on why they didn’t think it was good. Actually, they haven’t reviewed 1 of their albums.

Makes you wonder if the Columbia’s and RCAs of the world would have made a difference compared the independent Cult.

10 daisy chain October 11, 2016 at 11:32 pm

@jajajaj I have a feeling thats just how they like it at Cult. keep the faith

11 Blondie February 22, 2017 at 1:08 am

Some say it's a religious alieacrtton of the mind ie. demons. Like if one intakes the drug labeled "bath salt" it allows the demons to enter the brain. I don't personally think its that deep. But I do fear that it may grow and create social anxiety in the public which would cause chaos. But as for now my AR-15 stays locked and loaded in the closet. I don't see it being too much of a threat anytime soon.