Video: Julian Casablancas’ Acoustic Performance Of 11th Dimension

The following video was posted this evening on the JulianCasablancas YouTube account.

When I was downloading 11th Dimension, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I don’t think anybody did. But when that intro hit and the melody followed, I had a big goofy grin on my face and was completely relaxed because 11th Dimension’s perfection officially cemented my unconditional love for the songwriting of Julian Casablancas.

I, to this day, don’t feel like Julian is capable of releasing a song I don’t enjoy. Songs like 11th Dimension, Ize of the World, What Ever Happened and over 20 others in the Casablancas songwriting catalog show that his ceiling as a composer/songwriter is higher than almost every other musician. Moreover, he has shown throughout his career that his taste in music is impeccable.

And that’s the biggest reason why I feel great about Strokes IV.

1 Vyatt July 26, 2010 at 11:13 pm

cool, does he have a tatt on his wrist?

2 Jordan July 27, 2010 at 6:04 pm

This is from the luxury box set. He drops the pick in the guitar while playing Left & Right in the Dark.

3 sean July 27, 2010 at 10:41 pm

ossim

4 James July 29, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I fucking love this song.

thats a link to some hordern pavillion videos from sydney last night.

Im seeing the strokes at festival hall in about 11 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck yeah!!

5 Thomas July 30, 2010 at 9:35 am

@Vyatt, no Jules does not have any tattos. That little mark on his wrist is probably just a wristband. I dont see any of the strokes as the type of guys who would get tattoos, maybe nick would get one, i mean hes got pierced ears but i dont think any of them would get inked

6 Olivia July 30, 2010 at 10:34 am

No, actually, Julian has several tattoos. He has a spider on his right arm(http://www.fanpix.net/picture-gallery/750/479750-juliet-joslin-picture.htm), a treble clef on his right wrist(right above his watch), and another on one of his shoulders(you can see it in the 11th dimension video).

7 Thomas August 1, 2010 at 9:15 pm

@ olivia, sorry it appears you’re right, that definitely looks like a tatto, and it’s either permanent or he has millions of sticker tatz at his house. it’s just at a show i attended he claimed to not have any. I suppose he was just kidding though. anyway thanks.

8 laken July 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm

@Jordan umm actually i think he dropped the pick i the guitar when he ws playin 11 Demin the first time……if i remember correctly…..i wonder who filmed this…

9 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 10:59 pm

i bookmarked you in my browser admin thank you so much i will likely be in search of your following posts

10 Bernie July 25, 2012 at 4:56 pm

i bookmarked you in my browser admin thank you so much i will likely be looking for your subsequent posts