Update: Ryan just sent out a tweet that said: “haha! yes, i’m an ass. the b-side is “You’re So Right”. speaking of “Yours To Keep”… helluva damn album!” Also, the pre-sale has sold out, apparently is some absurd amount of time. Updated
I’m preparing to head out of town from Friday-Monday, so I’ve been neglectful and haven’t posted a number of items. Let’s change that with some bullet points.
- The next Strokes track you’ll here is reportedly called “Yours To Keep,” “You’re So Right”, which isn’t one of the 10 songs on Angles. It will be released on March 1 as a b-side to “Under Cover of Darkness,” according to Ryan Gentles, the band’s manager.
- The Strokes will play Madison Square Garden in New York City on April 1. Tickets are expensive, approximately $70 after taxes and fees, but it’s (basically) The Strokes return to New York City show. So go if you can go, beat the rush to order tickets by pre-ordering them here. They go on sale today (Feb. 17) at 3 p.m. CT
- The Strokes shot the video for “UCoD” yesterday in New Jersey. Warren Fu hinted at being at the helm of the video and, judging by yesterday’s picture on Julian’s website, it seems like The Strokes are going for an 80s/12:51 vibe that Julian and Fu love.
- From The Strokes’ newsletter today, “The band also has something cool planned for SXSW. Make sure to visit TheStrokes.com on Tuesday, February 22nd, for the details.” So is a gig for SXSW planned, confirming the swirling rumors?
- The Strokes, according to the newsletter, will likely play a third song off Angles on SNL. I’d guess it’ll be the second single, which seems to be — from the band’s interviews — “Machu Picchu”.
- The Strokes have been on the cover of NME 18 times. See all the covers here.
That’s all, everybody. I’ll try to get on Twitter a couple of times over the next three days to post any updates about The Strokes.