The Strokes To Perform On ‘Ellen DeGeneres Show’

The Strokes have performed on late night television in the United States, the UK and France.

So obviously, the next step is the Ellen DeGeneres Show.

The Strokes will play Ellen on May 31st and hopefully Julian breaks out those wonderfully awkward 2006 dance moves. (Confirmation. Thank you Cider11 for the tip.)

I was going to write something about vomiting uncontrollably and discuss my mother’s viewing habits, but then a rather simple thought came upon me: The Strokes refuse to play a proper tour, but they’re willing to play Ellen.

Are you fucking shitting me?

151 Kimdiy May 26, 2011 at 3:39 pm

and I looked on Ellen’s webpage and I think there’s only one performance per guest….but I don’t watch the show normally so I’m not 100%

152 Kimdiy May 26, 2011 at 3:42 pm

sorry just noticed this and had to comment: sometimes what I type comes off like I’m a dick. Same problem as texting, there’s no tones to hear what it should sound like. So if I sound like a douche sometimes, I’m truly not….you just can’t hear my message the way I do when I type it. hahaha :-) okay i’m done.

153 wolfman May 26, 2011 at 4:12 pm

i so called gratisfaction.

154 james May 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm

dude stop questioning the bands motives. You’re fandom is bordering on obsessive and unhealthy. If you like the music buy their albums, listen to them. Dont question their touring style like they’re running a political race or something, its just music and they’re just a band.

155 barbara rogers May 26, 2011 at 9:11 pm

missed the name of the three young tenors on the show at the end today 27/5/11
fab voices and oh so handsom!!!!!

156 Kimdiy May 26, 2011 at 10:55 pm

is it il volo??? the ones that remind me of the jonas bros?

157 thomass May 27, 2011 at 12:43 am

These guy’s are intelligent and talented. I’m sure they will work it out.

158 s May 27, 2011 at 12:53 am

@woon

come on…. you reckon juicebox could be easily removed from first impressions?
give me a break.
that statement is almost as ridiculous as the concept of the strokes playing the ellen show!

if i have to watch my favourite band play my least favourite television show, i hope they at least bust out machu picchu

159 Lulu May 27, 2011 at 5:29 am

James, you are so right. Yeah. Agree, totally.

160 Siobhan May 27, 2011 at 6:34 am

Hey has richard retired completely??? I wonder did he just find it too strange after being julian’s manager to go back to being tour manager… Or is he taking on a different role? I got the impression from julian’s tweet that he’ll not be involved with the band. Even though he seemed to spend most of his time complaining, it’s kind of sad news!

161 saywhat May 27, 2011 at 9:00 am

Richard probably quit due to the lack of a tour. They need a festival manager

162 annie May 27, 2011 at 10:26 am

Oh it’s so sad. I presume he’ll still be Julian’s manager for his next solo project, if it ever comes. Not to be stoking anything, though I know I am by saying this, but the photo he posted exactly positions them the way we all think they’re divided – namely Julian, Albert and Fab and then Nikolai and Nick. I know it’s ridiculous to assume that means anything, I just thought it was funny given all the recent arguments. I’ll definitely miss Richard – he doesn’t seem to be tweeting anymore either. And yeah, I guess he must have felt fairly redundant given that they’re not really touring apart from festivals and he has always said how much he hates festivals. It probably was weird to go from having a role of complete responsibility with Julian’s solo thing to the tour manager of a band who aren’t really touring. Maybe he and JP will form a supergroup as The Cast-Offs.

163 annie May 27, 2011 at 10:26 am
164 Cory May 27, 2011 at 3:14 pm

WTF?! old school video shows Julian Casablancas drunk as shit pissing in the corner inside of a bar!!!!!!!!!!!!

WYF?!

165 annie May 27, 2011 at 4:11 pm

If anyone’s interested an interview with Albert from strokesfans twitter ; http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/27/PKEP1JGLV4.DTL

166 SharonGuitar500 May 27, 2011 at 5:42 pm

annie, I think you’re wrong. Nick has said that Fab is his best friend and they speak almost every day. He also mentioned in a lousy interview that he had ringtones for Fab and Albert, but he didn’t have them for Julian and Nikolai because they don’t call him. I don’t think there’s a division. I think Nick and Julian can’t stand each other.

167 Siobhan May 27, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Yeah i don’t think there’s any fight between nick and fab but it’s true that whenever they’re together julian definitely seems to go to albert or fab, especially during gigs. It used to always be nikolai but i got the impression from an interview with julian (where he said something like was nikolai bad-mouthing me again) that they’re not as close as they used to be. Anyway as albert said in that interview, they’re just a ridiculous uncoventional bunch! Albert’s always good for normalising situations and keeping a sense of humour.

168 Fat Albert Hammond Jr May 29, 2011 at 12:51 pm

“Up next, we’ve got a live performance from The Strokes! Yeah! Fun guys, those are fun guys! We’ll be back, after this commercial break”

“Ellen has been brought to you by Depends Undergarments. Depends: We help you stay confident throughout the day. And Polident: Recommended by more dentists than any other denture cleaner”

169 larzoid May 30, 2011 at 5:02 am

i wouldn’t say the ellen show viewers are typically strokes fans, but i wouldn’t say it matters anyway. although, i do admit it is a bit strange they aren’t headlining their OWN comeback tour. wut up with that? at least they are adding more dates. lets just hope they can win back a little of their former dignity and do some cool sh1t.maybe this is just the prequel to something even bigger. lets hope!

170 karinaaa May 30, 2011 at 9:57 am

yeaa i looked on the website too and it didn;t say anything about the strokes performing:( maybe they haven’t updated it or something cause i watch ellen all the time so i’ve been looking foward to this!!

171 Alan May 31, 2011 at 11:58 pm

wat song did they perfrom ?????

172 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Wonderful post admin thank you. I discovered what i used to be in search of here. I will review entire of posts with this working day