The Strokes Play “Taken For a Fool” on Letterman

Via ModernAge.org

You can download the performance’s audio here.

Can we all agree it was one of The Strokes’ best late-night performances ever and much better than SNL?

What do you think?

101 hombrelobo March 25, 2011 at 12:52 pm

@tito

Couldn’t agree more. Much as I love him as a singer and songwriter, it’s absolutely ridiculous that he writes vocal parts he knows he cannot hit outside of the studio. He’s been doing it since FIOE, as you say (remember the SNL performances…?)

It’s sad because his vocals on Angles are mostly fantastic (save for the Chicarelli-produced Moonlight… you can tell he’s not into it), but I know damn well he won’t be able to pull off half of it live. Oh well, still worth catching them live on this brief tour…

102 Bobby March 25, 2011 at 6:29 pm

What’s bizarre to me is why isn’t he satisfied with just singing in his normal range? When he does his vocals sound phenomenal. I can’t really thing of too many singers in rock/pop/etc. that sound better.

103 Texas Mike March 26, 2011 at 12:04 pm

If you watch closely at the end, Julian tries to help Fab down from the drum set stage.

104 jordi March 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm

@hombrelobo Julian sounding like he wasnt “into it” on the track for Life is Simple in the Moonlight? Highly doubt that since he said it’s his favorite song on the album

105 danielle March 28, 2011 at 1:12 pm

the strokes on letterman, absolutely awesome! jules was particularly great in that performance, the others i find always deliver but jules can be a hit and miss at times. i don’t care if he messed up on the lyrics, his energy was amazing. the strokes are so amazing live, way better than in their recordings i think. i wish they would come to vancouver!

106 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I used to be curious about your future put up admin actually needed this web site super remarkable web site

107 Rob July 25, 2012 at 4:25 pm

oh my god wonderful publish admin will test your web site usually

108 ароматы September 19, 2012 at 6:43 pm