The Strokes Play ‘You’re So Right’ On ‘Jimmy Fallon’

The Strokes played “You’re So Right”, a song which has quickly become one of their strongest live tracks, on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this morning.

After watching the performance I have to say that YSR has quickly become one of my favorite tracks on Angles. It seemed too simple when I first heard it, aside from Nick’s guitar parts and backing vocals, but as we’ve repeatedly with The Strokes, simplicity translates very well to the live setting.

So, in my eyes, I’m ready to declare YSR on Fallon one of the best live videos I’ve seen thus far from the band’s support of Angles. What do you think?

51 Other Maria March 31, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I would say take it or leave it letterman trumped someday. Aside from julian tripping over it was a perfect performance.

52 Carolyn March 31, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I think Take it or Leave it and Someday were equally great. Take it or Leave it was just more intense, but Julian’s vocals on Someday are spectacular, so strong.

53 Chris March 31, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I really love the song and the performance, but really……………Nick’s voice sucks. Horrible.

54 saywhat March 31, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Sorry to be redundant, but is anyone familiar with the shipping on J.C’s website? I want to get a shirt but it says USPS in unavailable in my area, and UPS is a retarded price. I tried contacting the website people too, but even that won’t work. (literally)

55 Agueda March 31, 2011 at 4:38 pm

<3 :D

56 Katie March 31, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Nicks voice sucks almost ruined it

57 dave March 31, 2011 at 6:34 pm

@othermaria

julians tripping made that performance even more perfect hahaha i miss those days of hard core rocking out. i don’t like his mom-ish dance moves he springs out sometimes now

58 Jake March 31, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Those who don’t like this song and keep inaccurately comparing it to Radiohead have apparently never listened to the Cars ‘Panorama’, structurally from which it borrows heavily

59 Miley Cyrus' cousin's cat March 31, 2011 at 7:26 pm

take it or leave it on letterman wins for me

@Jake

there’s more than one level of comparison that can be made. structurally, sure, it’s similar to panorama. but radiohead probably get brought up because of their sometimes divisive experimental tendencies, something that is apparent in YSR. and this is why i don’t like it: if it was meant to be the more experimental track, you hear so much of it in panorama anyway. if it wasn’t, the melody, if you can call it one, is the most inaccessible of all the strokes catalogue.

60 JulesMc March 31, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Someone has an extra ticket for Coachella sunady 17th april? I need to watch the Strokes live!!!

61 juice March 31, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Yeah! Julian tripping over n albert goin crazy made take it or leave pure Rock goodness.

62 Jettski1 March 31, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Best strokes performance right here

From their best concert ever

63 AunomdelaFrance April 1, 2011 at 12:43 am

Killing Lies 9-minutes version will be online today on their website.

I was right.

64 MichealScott April 1, 2011 at 5:40 am

t’as failli m’avoir, j’oublie à chaque fois :)

65 s April 1, 2011 at 6:09 am

eric,
how do i email you man?
i have a pretty gnarly article from triple j magazine in australia.
they’re the cover this month, the article is rad, and i want to share it with you all.

66 Eric April 1, 2011 at 7:06 am

@S — Oh, cool. I’d love to post it. My email is thestrokesnews@gmail.com.

67 AC April 1, 2011 at 8:02 am

Hey Eric this is kind of random, but could you possibly make the website so that when someone clicks a link, it automatically opens in another tab? If not that’s okay :)

68 Eric Van Dril April 1, 2011 at 8:36 am

@AC — I have no idea how to do that, but if you just right click on the links the option to open in a new tab should come up.

69 wolfman April 1, 2011 at 9:02 am

@AunomdelaFrance are you high?

70 Rick April 1, 2011 at 10:38 am

April fools.

71 Other Maria April 1, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hahahaha i actually thought holy shit whaaat??? and checked their website. I know you love that song but thank god!! One question will there be any live tweeting about the msg show for those of us who sadly won’t be there? I got the impression from one of the strokes, (maybe nikolai said it?) that they’d be lengthening their set for the show. Hope it’s amazing for anyone going and feel free to post as many details as you can remember ;-)

72 Other Maria April 1, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Is the triple j article an interview??? Is it with nikolai? It’s so crazy that he’s pretty much become the spokesman for the band!

73 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 9:56 pm

i bookmarked you in my browser admin thank you so much i is going to be seeking your future posts

74 Maranda July 25, 2012 at 4:07 pm

i cant get how it is possible to reveal like this astounding posts admin significantly thanks