The Strokes to play Estereo Picnic, all three Lollapalooza festivals in South America

The Strokes will play Lollapalooza Chile, Lollapalooza Argentina and Lollapalooza Brazil, the band announced on Wednesday, Sept. 28.

The band will also play a festival in Bogotá, Colombia early next year.

1 peter parker September 28, 2016 at 11:44 am

Cool.Hopefully a new EP too? Don’t bother though, just give us some good solo stuff.(that includes you, Fabster. Quit wandering around, we miss your little scuzzy joy)
PS That new Growlers record features a pretty damn gnarly verse from Jules. Not to say hes everywhere on the record…

2 Bloodpint September 28, 2016 at 1:33 pm

@peter parker where’d you hear it?

3 Conrad September 29, 2016 at 2:29 am

https://soundcloud.com/losgrowlers/sets/city-club listen to song #11 – you may find The Strokes B-Side 🙂

4 LillySu September 29, 2016 at 11:11 pm

For those who are interested… here’s The Growlers song with Julian singing a verse… https://soundcloud.com/losgrowlers/too-many-times?in=losgrowlers/sets/city-club

5 Mourad September 30, 2016 at 7:22 am

No JC + The Voidz on those line up…
should we doubt an eraly 2017 release for their 2nd album ?

6 wilson September 30, 2016 at 10:05 am

It’d be sick if Jules and the Voidz did Beach Goth this year. New Growlers album is solid in my opinion.

I could see another Strokes EP get put out.

7 Toyota September 30, 2016 at 10:46 am

I think i dont have to wait for voidz 2 or new strokes record. The new growlers record is obviously what JC wants to be.

8 wilson September 30, 2016 at 11:45 am

@Toyota
I hope you aren’t underestimating the input of Brooks and Matt from The Growlers. Those guys write a lot of material.

9 AutomaticStop September 30, 2016 at 3:27 pm

New Growlers album sounds really promising after a couple of listens. Don’t see a huge difference from their prior sound, so I agree with not overestimating JC’s influence on this album.

10 Miguel September 30, 2016 at 3:28 pm

The Growlers album is really good, lots of great songs and the production is awesome.
I think that probably the Growlers wrote all songs, I think that Julian was really involved in the sound and production of the album as they say and you can clearly hear it on the album but I’m not sure if he was really involved in the songwriting process

11 Miguel September 30, 2016 at 3:36 pm

It’s a shame many of their fans are being assholes about it and don’t even give it a chance…I mean they were being assholes even before the album came out

12 James September 30, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Go listen to the growlers new album.

13 Joseph A September 30, 2016 at 8:51 pm

I think some of the fans are mad because most of their previous albums are pretty much the same so they’re not used the differences which I can hear on this. Also, people are mad because two of the members aren’t touring with them. One’s not even in the band anymore. Anyway, I have a free plus one for Terminal West in Atlanta Oct. 3, anybody want to join me? I signed up for the street team.

14 Wilson October 1, 2016 at 6:20 am

@automaticstop
Same identity but it looks like they reached a new level of music composition and production. I read that Brooks and Matt(singer and lead guitarist who write most of the music) want to get away from “surf punk” and get more into melodic music. I really like the album, currently stuck on “Speed living”.

@miguel
Brooks and Matt brought all the songs to Jules and they said that he offered to get under the hood as much as they wanted him to. I think you can see his production but I think The Growlers brought a lot to the table themselves. I’m into a couple bands that have those kind of old fans. I think it’s that whole bullshit anti hipster shit where you get upset that your favorite band might bring in new fans. Could be wrong though, I have never ran into another Growlers fan.

15 Tannk October 3, 2016 at 7:44 am

I really like the Growlers song with Julian, but the vocals on his verse are too low! A problem I also had with certain songs on the Voidz album.