UPDATED: The Strokes’ first single will be sent to radio stations on Feb. 13

UPDATE: Zane Lowe announced today that he will debut the song on Feb. 12. He will also have an interview with the band. UPDATED

Update 2: “All The Time” will be available for download on Feb. 19. UPDATED

The Strokes debuted “One Way Trigger” on their website last week, but that isn’t the first single from the band’s fifth record.

The first single — in all likelihood, “All the Time” — is scheduled to be sent out to radio stations on Feb. 13, according to FMQB.com.

RCA Records will send the official single from the still-untitled new record out to radio on February 13.

(news via The Strokes Fandom)

So the song is scheduled to be released on a Wednesday, and I’d guess that the band’s new song debuts at least a day or two before that. I’d also guess that the new record, which is rumored to be called Comedown Machine (reader Alan found this on The Strokes’ site), is scheduled to be released at some point in March or April.

1 Emma Pompidou January 29, 2013 at 9:02 am

Seems like I’ll spend Valentine’s Day with my headphones on.

2 Tim January 29, 2013 at 9:02 am

I knew it! For about five minutes or so the website was thestrokes.com/comedownmachine, not just thestrokes.com when the free download stuff was happening. I saw it once and I thought I was going crazy afterwards all day.

3 Eric Van Dril January 29, 2013 at 9:04 am

@Tim — Ahhhh, so that’s how people saw the Comedown Machine stuff. I was worried because I couldn’t find the link to the picture I posted on their site.

Sweet!

4 Ina January 29, 2013 at 9:27 am

38 minutes? Hmmm. How many tracks would that be? I’m hoping 11 tracks. I just can’t wait til they release the single and of course the fifth album! Too excited!!!

5 Maya January 29, 2013 at 9:37 am

About Comedown Machine – Someone on reddit found the image in the subpages of the site and posted about it last night. I was going to post it here, but I wasn’t sure how legit it was. Here’s the thread where he explains a little bit…

6 Flynn January 29, 2013 at 10:06 am

lol comedown machine sounds like a good name for the last album

7 the modern age January 29, 2013 at 10:20 am

@Maya, You were right!!

Do we think that’s the cover art too? I get the whole vintage record thing, but it would be unlike them to not have some typical Strokes art on there.

8 wolfman January 29, 2013 at 12:01 pm

do you think it will be leaked before the 13th? and do you think we’ll get a 3o second preview like we did ucod?

9 asdf January 29, 2013 at 5:48 pm

@Lynn don’t you dare say that