The Strokes Confirmed For Reading & Leeds Festivals

The Strokes have been confirmed for Reading and Leeds Festivals.

The lineup isn’t out until this afternoon, but reader Tom has found an advertisement for the festival, which included the Reading and Leeds lineup. It includes The Strokes, as you can see from the photo below.

The Strokes will headline Reading on Saturday night and close Leeds with a headlining set on Sunday night. Pulp, The National (!), Jimmy Eat World, Madness, Two Door Cinema Club and Seasick Steve will also appear on the same days as The Strokes.

Tickets for R+L go on sale tonight, at the same time as the lineup is officially announced. Go here for Reading and here for Leeds.

1 jw March 21, 2011 at 9:46 am

couldnt be happier about this news. the strokes have been strong rumours for the festival for a while now, along with the other 2 headliners. although this poster isnt completley legit (although for the most part it probably is correct).. it could be a mock up someone has edited.
i already have my ticket and im only really going for the strokes ..cant wait!

2 Brian Wallace March 21, 2011 at 9:52 am

FYI. In the masthead on the Spin issue, seven or eight of the staff list their favorite Strokes songs. Did anyone else notice this?

Brian Wallace

3 annie March 21, 2011 at 9:57 am

Great news!! I wonder will they stick around for Jane’s Addiction?! I didn’t think the Pitchfork article was all that bad till I got to the crushing final line :( but there are so many moments in Angles that are really incredible and beautiful that I fully believe Strokes V is going to be a masterpiece because they know what perfection sounds like.

4 jw March 21, 2011 at 10:00 am

@annie, if this line up is correct they’ll be on at the same time as janes addiction!

5 Brian Wallace March 21, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I re-read the Rolling Stone article that started this whole hype nonsense. It’s clear in the article that the writer is listening to the album and there’s 10 tracks on it. And he mentions “Radio Minor Madness”. That song is “Metabolism” right?

Brian Wallace

6 Maria March 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Spoiler* They’re playing taken for a fool on letterman.

7 Tobz March 21, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Sweet if they really play Taken For A Fool, it’s one of the best.
Also it’s nice about these festivals, except that…..
A lot of crappy bands are playing there: “beady eye” lololol

8 Tom March 21, 2011 at 5:54 pm

PULP and The Strokes are co-headlining. the strokes will play above pulp at Reading but Pulp will play above The Strokes at Leeds

9 wolfman March 21, 2011 at 5:59 pm

radio minor madness is games

10 TAW March 21, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Off topic but some of the SXSW video is up on levi’s facebook page

11 TAW March 21, 2011 at 6:06 pm

sorry here is the link http://tiny.cc/TheStrokes

12 wolfman March 21, 2011 at 6:16 pm

finally! the audio quality must have been wht they were trying to fix…

13 TAW March 21, 2011 at 6:24 pm

yeah its pretty decent actually

14 jw March 22, 2011 at 2:19 am

theyre co-headlining but both get the same amount of time to play, should get 90 minutes each id imagine.

15 Kevin March 23, 2011 at 6:22 pm

I imagine these festivals are fun for the bands involved because they get to hang out with each other, not to mention playing for HUGE crowds. BUT for fans of the individual bands, it kinda blows. I live in Georgia so I’m obviously not going to Reading or Leeds but I can honestly say that I don’t give a rat’s ass about ANY of the other bands on this bill. I guess my point is: will The Strokes please god play some club shows and stop playing these huge festivals?!? I don’t wanna have to pay $100 or whatever to sit (read: stand and sweat) through 10 shitty bands just to see The Strokes. And forget about getting close to the stage! I got very lucky at Lollapalooza, I got in for free AND got very close to the stage! It was intense down there but manageable. By the end of the show, I was a LONG WAY away from where I was when it started! I digress….COME BACK TO THE CLUBS, STROKES!!!

16 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I used to be curious about your next post admin truly necessary this webpage super amazing web site

17 Bridgett July 25, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Hello admin excellent publish very much thanks loved this web site seriously considerably