TDK Takes Us Behind The Scenes With The Strokes

So, at this point, I believe we can all agree that the eight minute TDK video with The Strokes was fantastic. Well, adding to the excitement of new interviews with The Strokes (and when I write The Strokes, I mean all five of them), is another three minute video of Behind the Scenes footage from TDK’s interviews with Julian, Nick, Albert, Nikolai and Fab.

It’s a little underwhelming, but fun nonetheless.

1 Lane December 14, 2010 at 9:11 pm

The way Fab walks in, I instantly lauhged my ass off.
oh! and how he says “Im going to keep looking at her, she makes me feel nice *Crazy Wave* ”
HAHAHAH!

2 Lo December 15, 2010 at 12:59 am

I officially name Fab the Funniest Stroke (quickly followed by Nick though)…

3 Speedy December 15, 2010 at 8:11 am

i thought they were gonna show like parts of a song or something :/
i need strokes IV like a marijuana needs fire… :(

4 Ibrahim December 15, 2010 at 12:31 pm

How comes Julian is the less talkative one?!
I just can’t stop laughing when Fab does his pathetic entry… this guy is just hilarious!

5 Giorgi Tz December 15, 2010 at 5:14 pm

They have some great quotes from Albert some more. The strokes and not one smoke any where in site. The fat interviewer is only mildly funny where is RG? Julian is the most polished in a vid interview or maybe it was he was on Meet the Press to talk about Out of the Blue. No it wasn’t et the press, but that would be a great idea HINT HINT Julian, it was the nightly news on NBC. Great post , your a bandit.

6 Deirg December 15, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Speedy! I can’t believe no one said anything about Fab’s accidental reference to you when he makes fun of the camera guy!! Am I the only one who picked up on that? Camera guy: “speed” Fab: “speed, yeah speedy” I thought that was sooo funny! :D

7 Speedy December 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm

WHAT?!!?? HE DID!!??? yeah i wasnt paying much attention. i thought they were all spontaneous moments and didnt need much attention payed. lol . thanks. haha

8 Deirg December 16, 2010 at 4:21 am

Hahaha that’s so typical of me though… I always pick out the most ramdom parts of videos when no one else does! Like in In Transit when Jules and Ryan are interviewing each other on the plane, i ALWAYS laugh at the fact that there’s like a rabbi sitting in the row across from them and he keeps popping out from the side of julian’s head! Haha I probably sound crazy but look it up it’s great!

9 Melodica3 December 16, 2010 at 11:23 am

Speed is what the audio guy yells when he is up to speed while recording. So the camera guy yells rolling film, then the audio guy says speed and the the director says action. This was just to clarify, just in case you really didn’t know what it was they were talking about.

10 Deirg December 16, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Haha I know… I just thought it was funny! Thanks for the clarification though!

11 annie December 18, 2010 at 4:09 pm

There’s an article attached to thestrokesfans twitter page; http://www.lesinrocks.com/musique/musique-article/t/56814/date/2010-12-16/article/les-strokes-repousses-a-jamais/ which seems to say that The Strokes have been dropped by RCA but the google translation is a bit dodgy – any news on this… in english? Also says that it’s unlikely that the album will be out in the spring but much later in the year. I just hope this is a load of shit!

12 Ibrahim December 18, 2010 at 7:50 pm

(Very approximative, please excuse my english) translation:

” Tearings to reunion, rumours of split to announcement of entry to studio, Julian Casablancas’s absence with his friends in the news a few week ago, to the quasi-completion of th album, the recording of Strokes’s LP4 was apparently not a pushover.
Hammond Jr. even explained a few weeks ago that some of the first sessions, led by Joe Chicarelli, had simply been scrapped.

Nevertheless, it was only the beginning of the troubles. Because eventually, all of this could lead to nothing: it was explained to a few responsibles within RCA, the label of the New-Yorkers, that their album had not been postponed, but simply deleted of the schedule of exit.

Without any further explanation for the moment (it will certainly come with the officialization of an information still secretly kept). The album will certainly not be released next spring, as hoped, but much later in the year. If it is one day.”

If this news is true… I’m just gonna shoot every single person working in RCA.

13 Bob December 19, 2010 at 2:11 am

Hey, this is random and unrelated to this article, but i just figured out why i always thought blue oyster cult’s “dont fear the reaper” reminded me of the strokes…
if u listen to the solo at 2:29 in dont fear the reaper, it is the same riff as electricityscape
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg <— Don't fear the reaper

this means that the strokes borrowed a guitar line from both tom petty and blue oyster cult…

14 Siobhan December 19, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Thanks @ Ibrahim for the translation! This is so confusing and i can only hope is a load of shit!! I wonder could it be released in Europe separately, under Rough Trade? I don’t get it though because they’re booked for a few festivals and Ryan implied it was all fine. Plus, Nick’s wife Amanda made some comment about new music from the band just a few days ago. Maybe Julian could release it under Cult Records. Anyone with a twitter account feel like badgering them with questions??!

15 Steph December 19, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Why is there always so much speculation about The Strokes splitting up or delaying their album or hating each other? It’s so annoying, damnit! If that article is total bullshit, which it seems as though it is, why was it written in the first place? No more drama, yo.

16 Siobhan December 19, 2010 at 5:28 pm

I know, all the speculation and side-show drama is fuckin tiresome but it was Julian who fuelled a load of shit about band tensions.

17 Lisa December 22, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Is it true that the 4th record is called Connections From The Left Side?! Just read it at wikipedia!!! there’s no source, but it says that Julian confirmed it yeasterday (21st december)….

18 Matt December 23, 2010 at 4:24 pm
19 Speedy December 23, 2010 at 5:36 pm

not true. one can easily go in there and call the album “second impression of earth”

20 wolfman January 3, 2011 at 6:50 pm

connections from the left side sounds pretty cool, even if it’s not real.

21 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I necessary for this web site publish admin really thanks i’ll appear your future sharings i bookmarked your website

22 Rena July 25, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Good one website proprietor achievement weblog put up good sharings in such a web site at all times have exciting

23 Replacing iPhone 4 Screen August 21, 2012 at 5:06 pm

This really is how to get your foot inside the door. 11138

24 find the cheapest hotels October 3, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Awesome material you fellas got these. I really like the theme for the web site along with how you organized a person who. It