Summer Moon’s debut album is out now!

Summer Moon’s “With You Tonight,” the band’s debut album, is now available for purchase.

You can get it here.

1 yeah February 24, 2017 at 3:21 pm

sad that no one mentioning niko’s new album, its actually really good. Girl’s on Bikes best song.

sounds like if a more indie funky strokes album came out after first impressions.

Girls on Bikes best song

2 wilson February 25, 2017 at 9:39 am

@yeah
I tried once but I’ll try again since I went a while without trying Little Joy. I really don’t care for CRX though, respect it though.

3 FrenchConnection February 25, 2017 at 12:03 pm

actually listening the song 3, “Cleopatra”, and damn it rocks
a bit “no wave”
a merry jumble

and now the song 4, lively, fun, genre “skate punk”, The Offsprings, Blink 182 and this kind
the only true problem of “skate punk”, it was hairdressing, i think, but otherwise that rocks totally

in every case, this disc (the pocket : not fan, however) seems cool & surprising

4 LeavingIt February 25, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Question, kids… If you had the chance to see The Strokes and could be anywhere you wanted at their venue, would you be up front where you could see every bead of sweat but sacrifice sound, or would you go back (far back, by most accounts) where the sound is better (but you could watch monitors)? I tested this recently (not on TS, of course) and now am struggling with my own decision (if it ever comes to that.) At most of the shows I’ve been to in the past year or so, I’ve been right up at the barrier. I loved being right there with the band, but the sound quality was sh*t. In some cases, I could hear the lead singer only from himself, not through the speakers. So at the last show, I gradually moved back in the crowd, and sure enough, the sound got better and better. What I’ve heard is that sound is best around where the sound booth is, which is usually about 2/3 of the way back in a big venue, and all the way back in a small one. So, SEE them, or HEAR them? Which would it be?

5 Wes February 25, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Wear ear plugs up front. You hear everything perfectly. I’m going to the next Strokes show in Ca no matter what.

6 yeah February 26, 2017 at 12:03 am

@wilson
crx? I said niko as in nikolai, not nick

7 wilson February 26, 2017 at 3:03 am

@Yeah
I was completely aware of who you were talking about, especially considering this was a post about Summer Moon. I only mentioned CRX and Little Joy as other examples of solo projects from Strokes members.

And I tried, but I just can’t get into this album. You were right, “Girls on bikes” is good but it’s the only catchy song in my opinion. I am glad that Nikolai, yes the bassist of the Strokes and not Nick from CRX, is going for it though and I’ll always support any solo project from Strokes members.

@Leaving
I’m lucky because I lost that need or desire to want to be in the front, to me it’s just not worth it considering most of the people who make it to the front of shows. Anyone who goes to shows, knows the type of people I’m talking about. But I can understand the want to be so close,.

8 Mikey B February 26, 2017 at 3:32 am

Chemical solution is so good. It’s like an unrealeased early 2000’s daft punk song.

9 Danieldigit February 26, 2017 at 10:19 am

I like this album a lot!!! Who would have thought that Nikolai drops the most innovative album and interactive merch and artwork of all of the strokes ( except for tyranny maybe)
Congratulations Nikolai! I would like an interview… In which he explains why there was a band members change and why time management went a little out of hand
If anybody knows why please tell me…

10 Danieldigit February 26, 2017 at 10:31 am

@leaving it
Just stay upfront! I saw the strokes twice on a festival
And both times after being two songs in the back I couldn’t stand it anymore and went as far as I could to the front 🙂

11 wilson February 26, 2017 at 2:25 pm

@Daniel
I wouldn’t call this innovative. seven out of the ten songs are pretty much the same thing. But I’m glad you like it.

12 Kev February 27, 2017 at 9:54 am

I love being up front. And the times I’ve seen them and been up front, I thought the sound was amazing.

13 Danieldigit February 27, 2017 at 11:29 am

@wilson

Well yes… Compared to AHJ and CRX it’s innovative in my opinion. At least the artwork… Like the 360• video and the whole world they build around the album. And songs in an album sounding similar doesn’t mean it’s not innovative. Just saying that Nikolais work is up there in the league of the strokes stuff. Wouldn’t say that about CRX and AHJ.

14 Anthony L. February 27, 2017 at 12:15 pm

^daniel

In my opinion, you couldn’t be more wrong. To me, this is worse than Nickel Eye. Certainly far inferior to AHJ/CRX. To each their own!

15 Danieldigit February 27, 2017 at 2:26 pm

@Anthony L
Yeah… Of course this is just my opinion! I’m really into post punk and I love the element of it in this album! Nice to hear that there are others who like CRX and AHJ more… It’s all good! As long as there is music coming out of the strokes cosmos I’m happy!

16 wilson February 27, 2017 at 4:14 pm

@Danieldigit
I will disagree with you, respectfully of course. I won’t say Albert or CRX are innovative, but I will say Albert’s projects have way more depth, emotion, and range than Summer Moon’s album. I can see how someone see this as different and unique, but it’s not. I would say these songs are all a culmination of one singing tone and a bunch of random instrument pieces covered with effects. As far as artwork, I wasn’t speaking about that or anything else other than songs.

And if you come up with an idea, but repeat it over and over. How is that not the opposite of innovative? Seems complacent.

And CRX, just feels like a made up pop grunge band for a bad 90’s movie.

But once again, I’m glad you like it and I’m happy for Nikolai. Sincerely.

17 Casanegras February 28, 2017 at 12:31 am

I don’t think the songs sound the same… It’s called stile. And the combination of the different musical influences make this stile pretty unique.
Who cares about catchiness?
Good solid album!

18 Yo February 28, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Cool and better than CRX , sorry for nick but …

19 wilson February 28, 2017 at 4:29 pm

@Casanegras

That’s not called style or “stile”. It’s called repetitive. If you don’t think they sound the same, well I don’t know how else to explain it you other than focus on the composition. I also only hear maybe two different musical influences. And I only find “Girls on bikes” as the closest thing to catchy.

Glad you like it though.

20 Mike P March 1, 2017 at 9:46 am

I think the record is uneven, but it’s got some really great tracks on it. For me, it would have been a crazy strong 5 song EP:

1. Happening
2. Cleopatra
3. Chemical Solution
4. Girls on Bikes
5. Into the Sun

Still better than his NickelEye project, though!

21 LillySu March 1, 2017 at 9:51 am
22 Casanegras March 1, 2017 at 11:33 am

@wilson
If you can’t hear the musical influences in this album than you don’t know as much about music as you obviously think you do…
One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you’re into jazz. Lou Reed
If you’re expecting better compositions go listen to other music.
I don’t care if you glad… Elitist and self-righteous p.o.s.

23 LeavingIt March 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Whoa, keep it civil boys.

I’ll take this opportunity to interject that when you’ve had a bad day and hate the world, Tyranny is THE BEST listening. Loud. Even if you hate it.

Now, back your regularly scheduled programme…

24 wilson March 3, 2017 at 10:19 pm

@Casanegras
I’m sure you are capable of having a civil discussion online. Just because there is a “safety net” through online social commentary, doesn’t mean you need to stoop to a low level. Most of us on here enjoy talking about music and even debating. It’s not the end of the world if someone disagrees with you. And please don’t insult people if you wouldn’t say it to their face. It’s very tacky and cowardly. Because let’s face it, there’s no way I could ever meet you in public, right? So hopefully you can ease off on that and instead provide counter arguments. Which, I am expecting from you.

Now, on to your more important comments. I listed two musical influences I could hear. The number of chords was never the subject of my argument. And as far as expectations of “better compositions”, I’m not really sure where you are going with that. I simply pointed out the repetitive nature of the composition. Never once did I say the quality was bad, because that is too subjective and if this is what they were going for, then they succeeded. Hope you just had a bad day and it’s over with.

25 wilson March 3, 2017 at 10:21 pm

repetitive nature of the albums composition.

26 wilson March 3, 2017 at 10:26 pm

@LeavingIt
Appreciate it, but come on now, it’s 2017 this kind of stuff happens all time. Just look at youtube commentary sections lol.

27 gS March 8, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Great job!

28 Joseph A March 9, 2017 at 2:24 am

Anybody notice how Rey Pila’s, Har Mar Superstar’s, and The Growlers’ albums all have that 80s/techno/dancey sound after joining Cult?

29 @Melodica03 March 10, 2017 at 2:55 am

@Joseph A

I agree with you about Rey Pila and Har Mar sounding like that. I don’t think The Growlers do at all. They have a couple songs that maybe border it but the rest of the songs sound nothing like that.

I just saw The Growlers live and they definitely have a 60s/70s jam band vibe. They had interludes with dueling synth organs and bass that sounded like the doors, not New Order.

Also I think Rey Pila had that vibe before joining Cult.

30 Jon March 11, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Is Julian singing on ninjas song at 2.25?

31 Jon March 11, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Singing/talking

32 LillySu March 16, 2017 at 2:54 pm

@Jon
Hmmm… I think it’s Diego, but their voices are very similar. Not 100% sure.

33 Asdfgfg March 17, 2017 at 5:43 am

Come on now, it’s 20XX

34 Joseph A March 23, 2017 at 11:34 am

Are there any live streams for The Strokes’ shows this weekend?

35 Mateja March 23, 2017 at 9:41 pm

I read that there might be a livestream for tomorrow, but not sure.

36 Kev March 23, 2017 at 11:44 pm

This site is falling down on the job! No mention of a Strokes show TONIGHT?? That’s pretty big news right? Does anyone know what time they are playing tonight, and if we can live stream?

37 Mateja March 24, 2017 at 12:36 am

Apparently, yesterday was broadcasted here:

38 Kev March 24, 2017 at 1:19 am