The Strokes to play Las Vegas on Aug. 20

The Strokes chose The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan for their first show in support of Angles and they’ll return to the Las Vegas venue on Aug. 20. While the band has yet to announce a show The band announced this show shortly before this was posted on its Facebook page.

Tickets here. Details here: The Strokes   Las Vegas Concert Tickets   The Strokes The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan Tickets   Aug 20  2014   Bandsintown

The Strokes are slated to play FYF Fest in LA the ensuing weekend.

1 I Can't Win June 23, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Well the official Strokes Facebook page did announce the show, not sure if that qualifies as an official band announcement or not.

2 Eric Van Dril June 23, 2014 at 12:24 pm

@I Can’t Win — I didn’t see that before posting. Thanks for the heads up.

3 I Can't Win June 23, 2014 at 12:42 pm

No problem, pretty excited about this one as it’s the closest show to home so far and thus the best chance I’ll be able to attend. Also the event on the venues website lists Albert as the opener which seems kind of strange but would be very cool!

4 tvu June 23, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I think Albert is opening up for TS at this show, on the venue website it says “The Strokes w/ Albert Hammond Jr. “

5 tvu June 23, 2014 at 12:45 pm

@I Can’t Win beat me to it haha

6 SteveSpoon June 23, 2014 at 2:50 pm

I think Vegas has had the most headlining shows by The Strokes since 2010?

7 Joseph A June 23, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I know someone mentioned the clip earlier but I’m watching Wilfred and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and said it made him look like one of The Strokes. Is it a coincidence that Julian wore one at Governor’s Ball or Is Wilfred psychic? I guess we’ll never know.

8 johnR June 24, 2014 at 1:33 pm

wow. surprised tickets are still on sale for this

9 Kev July 1, 2014 at 5:30 am

I hope they play a completely different set this time. Don’t get me wrong, the last two shows were great but it’d be a shame to only get 4 shows (so far) this year and have them all be the same set. Here are a few I’d like to hear, in case any Strokes read this site:
Tap Out
Ize Of The World
Electricityscape
Red Light
Chances

10 Annie 1251 July 1, 2014 at 5:33 pm

@Kev
I would love for them to do a professional recording for their fans – of the Vegas show. esp since I won’t be there lol. but srsly that would be GREAT.

also – I love your song suggestions – Out of them I esp would love to hear TMA, Soma, TYL, LISITM, Electricityscape, Red Light and Chances.
ESP Electricityscape.
AND HAWAII DEFINATELY HAWAII!!

and I was real surprsied they didnt’t play UCoD at the Colonial or at Gov Ball.

@Joseph A
lol to the Wilfred clip :)
also it was noted in an article about the Gov Ball that a lot of guys coincidentally showed up on Sunday in Hawaiian shirts. haha.

11 pat August 13, 2014 at 12:13 pm

imagine this setlist
Tap out , OWT, Trying your luck, alone together , Take it ..,call me back , metabolism , reptilia, i can’t win , taken for a fool , is this it , red light , razorblade !!! THESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKESTHESTROKES —>>>> CLEAR SKIES , CHANCES !!!!!!
FANTASTIC NO ?