Albert Hammond Jr. talks about what’s to come for The Strokes in 2014, 2015

Albert spoke with NME for a piece that will run in this week’s issue. In it, he talks about what’s to come for The Strokes.

“I imagine there’ll be Strokes activity throughout the year and then hopefully – maybe – an album in the new year,” he says. “That’s the dream. Am I saying that’s what’s happening? No. But I’m saying that’s definitely, probably, in everybody’s minds. We’re definitely not a band that would play these shows just to randomly play them.”

“hopefully – maybe” is pretty much what it’s like to be a Strokes fan, at this point.

51 Anthony April 1, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Judging by the looks on peoples faces as well as the write ups, not good.

52 blah April 1, 2014 at 6:46 pm

That’s unfortunate. I think given a little time and a proper soundcheck they’ll be much better. Kind of like the jump in performance from the Strokes’ Arlene Grocery show to Is This It only a year later. Hopefully they have it sorted by Governor’s Ball.

53 Hey April 1, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I’m mainly excited for Jules’ newfound enthusiasm onstage and for his outlook on things going forward. The performances haven’t been great, but I’ll wait to here the studio versions of the songs before disregarding them. Just cause the man can’t perform like he used to doesn’t mean he still can’t arrange a bitchin song in the studio

54 Kinger April 1, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Makes me so happy to see Julian play the Strokes songs with so much enthusiasm!

55 first impressions of you April 1, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Finally finished watching the Lollapalooza in Chile.. I have to admit the ending was much better than the rest.. they need more time that’s all, we have to give them that.. should they have done more secret shows? Yes they should, but they are doing what they are doing. Let them be. Hopefully, in a near future they’ll sound really good, please by Gov Ball..

56 Kinger April 1, 2014 at 7:24 pm

The ending of the show, how he places the mic down. Hilarious. (WARNING: LOUD SOUNDS CAN HURT YOUR EARS!)

57 Kinger April 1, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Look at Jules with all the fame! Usually other celebrities would tell them to “fuck off”. XD

58 Never Forget Fader Fort April 1, 2014 at 7:42 pm

“I’m mainly excited for Jules’ newfound enthusiasm onstage”

That’s funny because he seems to not give a fuck wether or not he turns in a good performance.

59 blah April 1, 2014 at 8:05 pm

@Kinger
It should also be noted they only played Reptilia due to the crowd demanding it. Julian was hesitant because the band hadn’t rehearsed that song at all but the band nailed it apart from that harsh note in the solo.

60 the modern age April 2, 2014 at 5:49 am

Kinger, Thanks for the links! :) Enjoyed them very much!

61 the modern age April 2, 2014 at 5:53 am

@Kinger, Are you on twitter btw?

62 moustacho April 2, 2014 at 8:00 am

@Kinger yes he is amazing! a friend of mine was there at the hotel, he was there outside for an hour, signing cds, tshirts, papers, posters, and taking photos, even taking selfies with the ones who requested, and of course a lot of talking…. which other celebrities hang with fans for an hour? its rare

63 jgaul April 2, 2014 at 6:59 pm

maybe julez sucks half the time live, but I suppose that I don’t care. I probably won’t get the opportunity to see them in concert anyways, so it doesn’t affect me. I’ve seen some performances that are incredible, and I’ve seen some that are hard to watch. I guess he’s just a high-risk, high-reward singer–when he’s on, he’s ON. I don’t know.

I do, however, think that he is a brilliant songwriter and will continue to support each and every record he puts out until I feel his songs lose the melody, hooks, and #content I’m looking for.
-jg

64 Rachel April 4, 2014 at 5:22 pm

oh god, what are we gonna do