Scans: ‘Guitar World’ Interviews Nick Valensi and Albert Hammond Jr.

As is the norm, thank you to She’s Fixing for scans of the following interview. The Guitar World interview has been out on newsstands for a little while and people have been discussing it, so I figured I’d post it on a lazy Sunday. There’s nothing too groundbreaking, but a Strokes Q&A is a Strokes Q&A…

For the rest of the Guitar World article, including guitar tabs for UCoD, check out the scans here.

1 patrick April 10, 2011 at 9:00 am

As a guitarist myself, i found this to be the most interesting of any angles interview theyve done. for once theyre not talking about tensions etc….
theyre talking bout music how its constructed, how they complement each other. its great its a shame most journalists go down the bitchy avenue. you can see from their responses they were happy to talk about the music for once

2 alan April 10, 2011 at 12:05 pm

YAAYYY!!!! Nick and Albert talking about guitars!! I’m in heaven.

I’m a guitarist too, and this was a FANTASTIC read!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 chubacca April 10, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Also tabs for ‘undercover of darkness’ in the magazine.

4 EPIC April 10, 2011 at 7:02 pm

THat was actually the coolest interview yet!

5 EPIC April 10, 2011 at 7:18 pm

one thing that totally sticks out in this interview is the interview is nick’s quote

“our early songs are super simple, but in a good way, at some points our songwriting got more sophisticated and, somehow, the songs got a lot more difficult to play. but honestly, the simplicity has always appealed to me. And I feel myself being called back to it a little bit. So I think on the next record things might get a lot simpler”

Best quote I’ve heard this year! The album was great, but wasn’t on A ITI/ROF level because they tried too many things. I can’t wait for the simplicity again. No one does simple better than the Strokes, and that’s what I always tell people.

6 TheMondo April 10, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I concur. Perhaps the only interview I’ve read about them these past few months that made me happy.

7 lilly April 10, 2011 at 9:44 pm

” And I feel myself being called back to it a little bit. So I think on the next record things might get a lot simpler”

God in heaven I hope they mean it.

8 thomass April 10, 2011 at 9:46 pm

what a fantastic interview

9 Kevin April 10, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Ditto. Being a guitar player, this is a great read. Thanks!

10 Pat April 10, 2011 at 11:19 pm

that was a great read :)

is the any scans of the tablature?

11 Juice April 11, 2011 at 2:25 am

The riviera, my friend used to sketch that a lot, exactly 5 years ago hahah. It’s like the riviera = Nick. We were 15, she liked Strokes and drew/painted potraits/posters of them a lot. Lyrics of 12:51, Reptilia were all over her stationary :p

12 Eric Van Dril April 11, 2011 at 10:35 am

@Pat — Yeah, they can be found at the link.

13 Bobby April 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Thanks for the link, I’ve been wanting to read this interview, only wish it was longer! Albert seems to not think very highly of himself as a guitarist, which I don’t get at all. He’s a great guitarist and I actually enjoy his guitar playing more than Nick’s, who seems to be more of a “technical” guitarist. Both are great, obviously.

14 Hanan April 11, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Nikolai’s wearing white pants!!!!

15 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Really essential publish admin excellent a person i bookmarked your world-wide-web webpage see you in up coming blog post.

16 Mildred July 25, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I used to be seeking this weblog very last several days excellent blog operator fantastic posts every thing is fantastic