Rivers Cuomo Offers Update On Collaboration With Julian Casablancas

Do you remember how Rivers Cuomo and Julian Casablancas were working on a song together?

Yeah, that’s actually true and, according to a recent interview Cuomo gave to Exclaim, the song is near completion. Or was, at the time of the interview. You know how these things work…

You’ve been in the studio with Julian Casablancas recently?
Yeah. We pretty much finished the song; we just need to spend one more day working in the studio and finish it up.

What will become of it?
We figure all that out after ― just come up with a pile of songs and figure out whose record they go on.

1 Mary Shea September 30, 2010 at 7:16 pm

“a pile of songs”? — He’s just referring to collaborations in general, I assume?

2 Speedy October 1, 2010 at 1:49 pm

ACL!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Becky October 6, 2010 at 11:18 pm

I am totally perplexed. Tonight was my first Strokes show. The Strokes were exactly what I’d imagined, but their fans were not at all. Let me get this out there…I’m 30. Am I the oldest living Strokes fan? Am I the oldest person who writes on here? There were a lot of people around me tonight with braces. Braces! And people were crowd surfing! I know I am old, but seriously, I go to plenty of shows, and I certainly have not witnessed crowd surfing since 1993. For real. I honestly just feel right now like let’s get this ACL festival bullshit over on Friday so I can go back to Minneapolis & go to Guided by Voices at First Ave. And so help me God, if one person at that show has braces, I don’t even know what I’m going to do.

4 maria October 15, 2010 at 11:29 am

If I were in a Strokes concert, I would be FUUUUUCK THE STROOOKES, instead of looking at the people in the crowd.

5 christa October 24, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I’m 26 and first saw the strokes in 2001 in a small venue called the fillmore in denver, co. It’s still, to this day, the best show i’vever seen. I’v seen them almost a dozen times since, the last show being in ’05. I love festivals but i yearn for the small venue days…I haven’t managed to see them yet since their “reunion”, but i did manage to catch 2 shows of Jules’ tour….there were screaming, braces-wearing tweens there as well =/

that being said, i’m nearly pissing myself with excitment over the 4th album. hurry up, boys!!!!

6 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 4:24 pm

i bookmarked you in my browser admin thank you so much i might be looking for your future posts

7 Lionel July 25, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I used to be searching for this excellent sharing admin much thanks and have great running a blog bye