Listen: Nick Valensi on ‘2 Hours with Matt Pinfield’

Nick Valensi made a recent appearance on the ‘2 Hours’ podcast that is hosted by Matt Pinfield, who’s a veteran journalist in the music industry. Topics discussed include CRX, David Bowie, fatherhood, working with Josh Homme and much more.

1 Ashford December 12, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Wow. 2 Hours. Haha. 120 Minutes host Matt Pinfield is still doing his thing. Awesome!

2 LeavingIt December 12, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Your ads are improving: “Metalhead Dating. Sign up now!” 😀

3 Jajaja December 13, 2016 at 3:14 pm

This was hard to listen to only because Matt Pinfiekd can’t stop brown nosing and one upping Ni k

4 Joseph A December 13, 2016 at 4:11 pm

@Jajaja I agree

5 band-of-flying(Jeff)Kitez December 14, 2016 at 9:24 am
6 Mls December 14, 2016 at 1:00 pm

Guys, I don’t know if Nick is was just sayin, but he said that Julian had 2 kids!? I thought there was just Cal. Anyone confirm?

7 h December 14, 2016 at 4:03 pm
8 dontstopreact December 14, 2016 at 7:33 pm

@Kitez Is that your EP? I thought it was really enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!

9 Valeyard December 15, 2016 at 8:47 am

@jajaja I didn’t want to say it, but I thought the same thing. Nick is a class act, though.

10 LeavingIt December 16, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Okay, off topic, but I’m so psyched! I missed The Growlers when they played two shows in San Francisco last year because they sold out. I’m missing them in LA this month because only the nosebleeds are left for one night out of all three shows. Both of those would involve hours of driving and getting home at like 6:00 in the morning. Painful. And they’re getting so popular, I was starting to think they probably won’t be doing small venues much more. But Cult just posted more dates, and they’re playing my town! I can WALK to the venue and it seats only 850! Pretty cool. The only down side is that it’s a actually a theater, so we’ll have to be butt in chairs. Well, actually probably be standing, but won’t be able to move around. Now, if only The Strokes would do a secret show along with them, I could die happy.

11 Ted December 17, 2016 at 9:12 am

really into the Growlers last album, Dope on the rope on repeat !

12 LeavingIt December 18, 2016 at 12:00 am

Nice interview with Raphael. That video was trippy!

13 El Pedro December 19, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Off the subject….

I saw the band Twin Peaks for the first time this past Saturday. Unreal. Check these guys out if you haven’t already. They are Chicago boys and are true rock n roll. I was overly impressed.

I’ve been wanting to see them live but it was always sold out. Chicago has some good bands coming out of our great city with Twin Peaks, Orwells and The Symposium.

14 Miguel December 19, 2016 at 2:25 pm

@El Pedro yeah! Twin Peaks are so awesome! They will play a show in Portugal next year opening for Cage the elephant and I surely will be there!

15 Annie 1251 December 19, 2016 at 9:02 pm

@Ted & Leaving it (and any other Growlers Fans)
I am loving just about every bit of City Club
Fave rn is Rubber and Bone- that percussion is so good 🙂

Also Julian & Cult tweeted about The Making of City Club

Says “additional in studio footage by Julian Casablancas”

16 Miguel December 20, 2016 at 3:02 pm

The Growlers are coming to Portugal next year too!!
City Club is such a great album, I’m so psyched to see them!!

17 Scoflbopter December 21, 2016 at 11:12 am

Hey all, haven’t posted here in a while.

I’m also slightly obsessed with the Growlers new record at the moment, and guitarist in the making of said that Julian definitely left his mark on the record. If you listen to the vocals, I feel like there are very distinct Julian melodies all over the record. It’s the weirdest thing, and it almost feels like he had a heavy hand in actually writing it. There’s a bunch of chill-Strokes vibes, like is Julian hooked up with Little Joy and made an album.

Anyone get that vibe?

Also also, I’ve got a new band called Ruby Bones and our first single premiered on Consequence of Sound. Check it out!

18 Annie 1251 December 21, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Julian and Andy Wallace in Spin Recording Studio in NY posted today on IG

19 LeavingIt December 21, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Brooks cracks me up. Listening to him talk is like listening to Spanish: I understand each word, but the way they’re strung together in a sentence leaves me clueless.

20 HumanDadness December 24, 2016 at 12:24 pm
21 Moonlife Simplicity December 25, 2016 at 8:41 am

@humandadness
when did that episode air? he snuck it

22 HumanDadness December 25, 2016 at 12:38 pm

@moon-person two days ago

23 Wes December 26, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Growlers were great. Wish they played more off city club though

24 Nake December 30, 2016 at 12:00 pm

I agree, it’s hard to listen to this. The host is always trying to sound popular “Oh, he’s my friend… We’re such good friends… we’ve been friends…” So snobby, I can tell Nick was aggravated. Makes the host look like the loser kid that has no friends but he follows the popular kids around from a distance and when talking to other he always makes it seem as if they’re best friends. Really annoying in my opinion.

25 Johnson December 31, 2016 at 8:55 am

Are the strokes dead?

26 wake up December 31, 2016 at 12:32 pm

@johnson they were pretty active in 2016 were they not? EP, 3 trippy af videos, some of their best live shows (including hd youtube footage), albert album, nick album, nikolai album, and promise of new voidz in 2017 which is gonna blow the roof off the building. what more do you want nerd

27 yo December 31, 2016 at 3:59 pm

@johnson
theyve been recording a new album

28 Ted January 1, 2017 at 6:30 am

Wish you all a happy new year 🙂

29 jeremyhowe January 2, 2017 at 8:18 pm

our last ep of 2016. thanks everyone for your support! https://deadendmelbourne.bandcamp.com/album/iv