Listen: ‘Machu Picchu Goes On’, A The Strokes/Lupe Fiasco Mash-Up

“Machu Picchu” is a dance track. Everybody knows this, including LehtMoJoe.

LehtMoJoe combined the first track on Angles with Lupe Fiasco’s “The Show Goes On”, which uses a Modest Mouse sample.

Here’s the song:

What do you think?

And if you missed it, Julian co-produced a track with Digitalism called “Forrest Gump”.

1 Westin March 29, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Eh.

2 AC March 29, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Yeah…it’s ok…nothing I’d listen to more than once though.

3 Yes March 29, 2011 at 4:51 pm

This is not news, why you posted it?
Also, shitty remix

4 Julianne March 29, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Well the posters above are obviously not Lupe fans. Haha. Pretty good remix! I like it, probably because I’m also a fan of Lupe. And please keep posting remixes, it’s nice to hear different takes on Strokes songs.

5 Lyn March 29, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Umm… No.

6 Kevin March 29, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Meh. The whole mash-up fad doesn’t really do much for me. I mean, big deal, someone takes two songs and puts pieces of them together on Garage Band or whatever. That’s not to say there aren’t really talented people doing clever and creative things within the genre but it still seems silly to me.

7 Kevin March 29, 2011 at 5:36 pm

One great example just came to me: Danger Mouse’s version of 99 Problems from the Grey Album kills Jay Z’s original version in my opinion…

8 alx. March 29, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Funny, i dont digg lupe fiasco but I was going to download The Show Must Go On cause I heard it and liked it, and I find it like this. rad.

The thing is that the best part of the song isn’t in it (I like the chours), coz you got Machu Picchu as chorus…which of course is better.

9 Deirg March 29, 2011 at 6:41 pm

This is off topic but anyone who has been to an msg concert recently (I should’ve already known this cuz I just saw Phoenix there in November) how easy is it or is it even possible to sneak into GA when you have normal seating tickets? Like does security check everyone’s tickets or can you just slip in with like a big crowd? If I can get closer to the stage than I am I totally will! Thanks :)

10 Sean March 29, 2011 at 6:43 pm

While I’m always down for remixes, the seams holding this one together are very evident and a little painful to listen to. I can imagine some ridiculously good mashups with Machu Picchu. I’m also thinking Two Kinds of Happiness and Gratisfaction would have some kickass potential for remixitilization.

11 Texas Mike March 29, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Pretty cool. Needs to be cleaned up.

12 Chu March 29, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Actually, I like this one. I don’t know what all the hate’s about…

13 patrick March 29, 2011 at 8:05 pm

it sounds clumsy

14 patrick March 29, 2011 at 8:05 pm

a stroke of genius remains one of the great mash-ups…

perfect mix

15 Rick March 29, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Yup, the Grey Album remains the best thing Danger Mouse ever did. Then there’s Little Girl.

16 Eric Van Dril March 29, 2011 at 9:41 pm

@Rick — You don’t love Little Girl?

17 Lukeskywalker March 29, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Weak.. Modest mouse bite u mean? Thats what sampling it ..

18 Molly St Clair March 29, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Eric, I appreciate the way you find pretty trustworthy articles, meaning people who actually do the background checks on bands like the Strokes. I check your site because I seem to find all of the crappy, non-researched articles, like this one:

So only read this for a laugh…it is as if they combined all of the bad reviews of the Strokes into one, and they misquoted a song, and he says that Julian/the Strokes are not known for their philosophical lyrics.

Ugh. Thanks for letting me vent. I appreciate your site, is all I really mean to say. :)

*goes and listens to Angles to calm down*…lol

19 wolfman March 29, 2011 at 11:33 pm

little girl’s my fave julian collaboration

20 sophie March 30, 2011 at 12:09 am

little girl is one of my favourite collaborations

this one.. not so much

21 Mykel March 30, 2011 at 2:47 am

Yeah the beat was cool…. But it was lame with the whole not Julian singing part.

22 Julian March 30, 2011 at 3:08 am

@sophie this one isn’ts a collaboration

23 Rick March 30, 2011 at 7:03 am

I love Little Girl. I said it was one of the best things Danger Mouse did.

24 Mary Shea March 30, 2011 at 7:35 am

hahaha yeah agreed Mykel, my thoughts exactly.

They could totally do this at Sweetlife since Lupe will be there (not that I’d endorse such a thing).

25 Gabe March 30, 2011 at 7:44 am

its ok. nothing to get crazy over. not a huge fan of lupe but those bush clips really fuck up the song….plus its kinda corny. the sample and julian sound really cool tho

26 Tom March 30, 2011 at 9:58 am

The Strokes to play Radio 1’s Big Weekend. Free Festival http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2011/lineup/

27 Maria March 30, 2011 at 11:02 am

This is shit.

28 Vick Nalensi March 30, 2011 at 2:11 pm

“Machu Picchu” is a dance track. Everybody knows this”

Uh, no it isn’t. Machu Picchu isn’t remotely a dance track. How could you possibly dance to it, it’s so low tempo?

29 Tyler March 30, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I like Lupe a lot and respect for him as a rapper, but The Show Must Go On and the rest of his just released album is trash. Iv gotten the impression that he had almost no creative input on the album. The recordlabel just wanted his name on the cover for $$$. This isn’t a Lupe blog so i wont go on, but i just want anyone who isn’t familiar with Lupe to know that he is an amazing rapper and all his older work deserves a listen.

Little Girl is an awesome song.
Danger Mouse is an amazing producer.
The Gray album is spectacular. (And good example of mashup done well)
This mashup….not so much

Side note. It took a minute…but every track on Angles has grown on me….LOVE IT!

30 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 11:40 am

you are genuinely range 1 admin your blogging is amazing i often test your blog site i’m certain you will probably be the perfect

31 Chu July 25, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Seriously needed publish admin great 1 i bookmarked your web sheet see you in upcoming blog site put up.

32 Homepage August 13, 2012 at 5:49 am

This kind of publish appears to get yourself a lot of visitors. How will you acquire traffic to that? It provides a great unique twist upon issues. I guess having something traditional or perhaps substantial to give info on is the central aspect. 714156