Listen: Julian Casablancas + The Voidz at Lollapalooza Brazil

10176158_820649751281826_1901179526_nReader ten took audio of the Voidz’ Lollapalooza Brazil set. You can download it here.

Note that the recording is quiet for the first 20 minutes or so, but it then gets louder around the mid-way point. Don’t forget that and blow out your eardrums.

The setlist is as follows:

Ego
2231
Ize- excuse my sleepy yay for ize
Biz Dog- Hope they keep this new arrangement!
RoB
Dare I Care
11th D
TIOLI
Glass
Where No Eagles Fly

1 Annie 1251 April 7, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Will get to a laptop tomorrow- can’t play it on my Ipad- thanks for posting it- can’t wait to hear it!

2 R Guy April 7, 2014 at 7:00 pm

i love dare i care

3 JP April 7, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Agreed dare I care is sick. Also Julian kinda sounds like he did on early strokes songs in this recording.

4 Jake April 7, 2014 at 10:08 pm

@JP I was totally gonna say this has the sound quality of early Strokes demos, just different music!

From what I have heard (RoB through Glass) this was a pretty good performance. That one part in Dare I Care sounds similar to OWT but in the context of the song you don’t really think of that so much. As a whole that song is awesome, definitely excited for that one. 11th Dimension was awesome and even though hearing Take It Or Leave It makes me slightly uneasy (since it isn’t The Strokes(, it did sound pretty much like The Strokes. For some reason I don’t really care that they play Ize of the World, which I love (and for that matter even Reptilia doesn’t phase me), but TIOLI just sort of bothers me, probably because it is such a quintessential Strokes song. I mean they close practically every show with it. Regardless it was still great.

Also Julian sounds pretty happy and excited. That probably means good things for solo and Strokes projects.
Hopefully the future performances will be more like this one!

5 Under Cover of Blankets April 7, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I love Julian, but he shouldn’t be playing TIOLI without The Strokes. It just isn’t right.

6 Jake April 7, 2014 at 10:30 pm

@UCoB Yeah it is definitely not right. I hope he stops playing it.

7 ten April 8, 2014 at 9:07 am

@R Guy, JP, Jake
Dare I Care Brazil version is definitely the best freestyle out of all the lollas. don’t know if he’ll change it up for peru, but luckily it’s recorded and came out so well.

8 johnR April 8, 2014 at 9:08 am

Anyone notice the strokes twitter asking for goveball opener suggestions and comedown machine requests? I hope this means they are open to straying away from their standard set list of late.
In case you haven’t filed out this survey – pick 4 songs from each album you would want to hear live.
here are the results so far.

9 Star Lord April 8, 2014 at 9:27 am

I might be completely hazed right now, but Dare I Care is maybe one the greatest songs Julian wrote in terms of melodies and arrangement.Pure Casablanca

10 Maria April 8, 2014 at 10:34 am

new interview you guys!!

julian confesses that he loves when people are all like “what the fuck is this?” in the crowd, he’s fulfilling his musical dream, and that his intention is to really just confuse people
(this guy just wants hell to break loose and troll the fuck out of us die hard fans lol)
he also said that he wanted to play small venues, like in the early-strokes years… to people that never heard of them…