Julian Casablancas+The Voidz announce North American tour

JC+The Voidz will once again tour North America this fall.

The dates of the tour, which is dubbed as The Immaculate Powerlords Tour, have been posted here. The tour is scheduled to begin in California, includes stops in Toronto and Chicago, and wraps up in the East.

Don’t be surprised to see more dates announced in the coming days.

1 the modern age June 3, 2015 at 9:48 am

2 David Ruiz June 3, 2015 at 9:57 am

Wow. Just wonder what Albert think of that Primaverra performance at 3:50 mark?.. Even though The Strokes has restarted to play live shows fest quite effectively (I was there at Shaky Knees Atlanta), I still have my serious doubt about the inner-peace of the band..

Mis dos pesos,
David

3 gS June 3, 2015 at 10:13 am

FUCK YES! The more I listen to this album, the more I love it. It really does remind me of Is This It–super fresh!

4 dare_i June 3, 2015 at 10:29 am

Does anyone think he’ll announce a show in LA? I dont want to buy tickets to the show in pioneertown if hes gonna be stopping by somewhere closer.

5 alan June 3, 2015 at 10:45 am

ahahaha alberts face at 3:50 is pricless “dude, wtf is goin on???”

6 lettuce-face June 3, 2015 at 11:08 am

GODDAMMIT!! WHY NOT AUSTIN?!! YOURE ALREADY GONNA BE THERE FOR ACL!! FUCK ME!!

7 lettuce-face June 3, 2015 at 11:16 am

im sorry.

8 chicadoro June 3, 2015 at 11:30 am

@lettuce-face
Yes, be of good courage. There’s still time…and a gap in the schedule. Perhaps they’re just working out the details.

9 Squall Leonhart (From FFVIII) June 3, 2015 at 12:16 pm

@Lettuce-face
My thoughts exactly. Seems like Chicago is the closest. Hopefully they’ll add more…at least H-town, D-Town or San Antone.

I thought Austin and Julian had a special connection. It doesn’t feel that way right now. *tear* He has said it was his 2nd home after NYC.

I’m just worried about ol’ Jules. Hope he’s taking care of himself.

10 Wes June 3, 2015 at 1:32 pm

COME TO SAN DIEGO!!!!! I can’t drive two hours to see you guys on a Tuesday!

11 Human Radness June 3, 2015 at 1:50 pm

I’m already driving 6 hours this weekend to DC to see Tame Impala, don’t think I can do that again for the Voidz…oh well.

12 Elephant Dikk June 3, 2015 at 5:20 pm

yo extend that shit after washington and hit a few spots in the south.

ive been to every show of his in N.O. and he always gets a tyte venue and the place gets packed and wilds out

13 Julia June 3, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Austin please! Every time I listen to the Voidz album I think of how brilliant the Austin show was last year. I the energy felt so good & I was so proud and happy for Julian and the band.

14 Bryan June 3, 2015 at 8:52 pm

@David Ruiz Albert’s is reportedly a good friend of Julians. His reaction at 3:50 was more along the lines of disgust at the butchering of one of the Strokes songs. For some reason I was reminded of this scene from the wedding singer as if the voidz reputation as terrible a live act (especially early on) benefits the Strokes.

Having said the above looking forward to the US tour, San Antonio would a miracle but I’d take Austin anyday.

15 LeavingIt June 3, 2015 at 9:22 pm

I think the sound on that video is HORRIBLE. If it was as bad live, then no wonder Albert didn’t look happy. Most places on-line people are assuming he’s reacting to Julian’s performance. I don’t think he would be so rude, and besides, there’s nothing wrong with Julian’s performance. Anyway, I don’t think he looks so freaked out. That face could mean a million things, or be a reaction to something we know nothing about. There was a lot going on in front of him.

Meanwhile, I’m hoping very much to catch TWO of the CA shows. That would be sweet!

16 Steve June 3, 2015 at 10:01 pm

@LeavingIt I think that reaction by Albert was spontaneous, not rude, plus he had no idea he was going to be filmed. Your right though he could be reacting to a million other things, it sure makes for a hilarious clip.

17 Hooray! June 4, 2015 at 5:46 am

For anyone that has been to previous Voidz shows: how often is it that they all come out and meet fans afterward? Usually every show? Typically how long do you wait before they do come out?

18 LillySu June 4, 2015 at 6:00 am

I was at Primavera Voidz show and I think VoD was fantastic. Different from TS, more badass & chaotic, but there was it’s beauty.

19 Jalal June 4, 2015 at 7:22 am

I really, really get the feeling that Albert’s messing around like that.

20 hey June 4, 2015 at 7:34 am

The Pioneertown gig is worth a short drive for those debating it. Very small, intimate venue with an awesome atmosphere as it’s out in Joshua Tree. Plus there isn’t really anything else around it, so unless the band deicides to take off sprinting right after the show meeting them would be easier than anywhere else. I saw AM there during the Humbug tour and Josh Homme showed up, and after the show they were all just standing around hanging out, very easy to approach.

21 earth without art is eh June 4, 2015 at 8:33 am

@hooray they might not do it this tour go round. I get the feeling they might be burnt out unless they have official meet and greets, which that would be cool, less insecurity more relaxed environment.

22 Hooray! June 4, 2015 at 8:45 am

@earth haven’t they done it after every other show, or at least most? It would be weird not to do it this time around… I agree official meet and greets would be nice too though.

23 Human Dadness June 4, 2015 at 10:58 am

world broadcast of human sadness with interview https://instagram.com/p/3g2mL-pXkc/?taken-by=cult_records

24 gS June 4, 2015 at 11:59 am
25 SteveSpoon June 4, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Wow… Really hoping thats some bad press spin, but Albert’s comments seem pretty solid. If that’s the case, I’m definitely making my way to DC in September! Would be a damn shame if they didn’t do one more NYC show if it really is the end.

26 SteveSpoon June 4, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Now that I think about it, I think the worst that could happen would be another break like in 2006-2010. As bad as it sounds, why would they give up a sure fire way to make big $$$?

27 Ze Stroker June 4, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I hope they are just hyping Hyde Park show, because I doubt they can sell enough tickets…

Either way if it’s bad.

28 Miguel June 4, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Fuck…when we tought that they were showing good vibes on their recent shows and all Albert says that…

29 gS June 4, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Well, JC+the Voidz are killing it. So if its the end of the Strokes, I’m fine with knowing they left us some of the best music in the past 20 years.

30 Miguel June 4, 2015 at 1:42 pm

I’m not fine with that, I wanna see them live once…I don’t understand Julian said they were together writing some stuff, Albert says they’re not writing nothing

31 Tom June 4, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Oh ! What The Hell is going on ? Julian told few weeks before they’re work on new materials and Albert say that. Please no ! This band makes play with my nerves. I can’t believe his talks… Its seams like he dont know nothing about the future….:-(

32 gS June 4, 2015 at 1:44 pm

ACL–I’m waiting for day passes to come out.

33 Miguel June 4, 2015 at 1:50 pm

I don’t think they will break up maybe Albert is just tired of those questions and said that…but if true they should at least make a proper tour before they break up or something

34 gS June 4, 2015 at 1:55 pm

I agree-I don’t think they will break up. He’s just tired of spinning shit.

35 David Ruiz June 4, 2015 at 2:04 pm

My thoughts on this: it might be possible that the answer to “Is this it?.. for The Strokes” is unfortunately “yes”, The Strokes might be done for a little whole, but morelikely after the Mexico city gig, scheduled Saturday 10th October 2015 at the Mexico Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez:
http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=10814&SearchBy=The Strokes

I really fell that JC is doing The Strokes festival-concerts more by necessity to inject money in something he trully believe in, i.e. “Cult Records” and to make different music with The Voidz.

He is an artist who wants to constantly evolve and explore new things. Like it or not, The Strokes are, from this point of view, a sound that is cimented in time, where the exploration mode is more limited.

Just mis dos pesos on this,
David

36 Gary June 4, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Strokes fans can be really thick sometimes… In case you guys didn’t know it. Julian is captain of the ship. That’s basically what Albert is saying here. He doesn’t know the future of the band because it’s not his decision. That’s all this means.

37 gS June 4, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Gary, it could still mean the end of the Strokes. We are in agreement.

38 Gary June 4, 2015 at 2:41 pm

gS

Possibly, but I think all he’s really saying is, “I don’t know, go ask the big guy.” The big guy obviously being Julian. I think all he’s saying is that he’s as out in the cold as everyone else and he’s unsure what the future holds because it’s not really up to him. For now, he’s gonna enjoy every show they play and focus on making the best music he can.

39 SAS June 4, 2015 at 2:44 pm

@Human Radness – glad to hear another Strokes fan loves Tame Impala (incidentally Kevin Parker once said his greatest inspiration was JC!) – I also love Pond (prob more than Tame tbh)

@Ze Stroker – I’m off to Hyde Park – think most of the tickets have been sold – anyhows, can’t wait!

40 SteveSpoon June 4, 2015 at 3:11 pm

@ David

Wow, that festival has an incredible line-up! The Strokes, The Libertines, Pixies, Primal Scream, Charlatans, Ratatat, Sleater-Kinney, Mew… And its on my birthday. How much are flights to Mexico from the east coast? Haha

41 Is This it June 4, 2015 at 3:11 pm

I agree Albert’s comments do seem pretty solid, they have that tone of sadness that he feels or he concretely knows that things are coming to an end. In all honesty, its been coming, despite the fact that Comedown Machine is a great album. I think that’s mainly because I like Julian/The Strokes song writing so much, the album as a whole was very phoned in, especially the lyrics which Julian probably maintains most control over. I think Julian has come, wrongly in my opinion to dislike the legacy of The Strokes; at least since the comeback, I think he sees it as too through away and not deep/political enough and has simply kept it going out of a sense of duty. He said in a Phrazes era interview that he won’t want to just do what he won’t want to just do what he wanted with The Strokes, if the main creative force behind the band says that its probably going to stagnate. I think The Strokes legacy has somewhat overwhelmed them as a band, they want to keep it going but don’t want/aren’t able to redefine themselves as a band.

42 Is This it June 4, 2015 at 3:25 pm

@Gary
I would disagree, as someone who loves The Strokes and doesn’t really like The Strokes I really hope I’m wrong. ‘ I don’t know if we’re going to play shows any more’ and mentioning the possibility of a ‘last show’ is needlessly negative if he’s just not sure. Why not just keep saying what he’s been saying recently, that he’s not sure on exact plans but something will definitely happen. If he’s now saying that comments like that were ‘positive spin’ I think that points to a bleak future for the band. Hopefully thinks will be sorted out and I agree his comments are in no way definitive but it’s certainly not good news. Before this interview the impression was of a happy band about to begin work on their sixth album. Things seem a long way from that now.

43 Is This it June 4, 2015 at 3:29 pm

* I meant doesn’t really like The Voidz haha

44 Miguel June 4, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Musically The Strokes are the best, most influential band of the 2000’s…Sometimes it seem’s like Julian doesn’t understand how much they inspired and turn people into music, when he talks about their legacy he always says some stuff about people wearing converse etc it seem’s like he doesn’t want to see how big and influential they are musically. why should he ignore that, wasn’t that what he was searching for, he was always saying that he wanted to make music that strongly touched people he did much more than that he should just accept it

45 :/ June 4, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Sorry … This is the end ? No strokes no music

46 Miguel June 4, 2015 at 3:36 pm

@Is This It I agree with you I wasn’t expecting this expecially because of the good vibes they’ve been showing on the last shows, and also because Julian said they were writing new stuff…

47 Ted June 4, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Everything seems be to fine, and now everybody is going solo (something happened, and it doesn’t please everyone in the band)
I don’t see anything coming from the Strokes as long as Julian is either touring or active with The Voidz. It doesn’t have the time for both. He’s touring until september, then they will record a new album, so to me no Strokes Album in a long time.

48 :/ June 4, 2015 at 4:11 pm

I ´ll go to hyde park to see the strokes for the first time of my life …. Probably the last of a long time

49 Is This it June 4, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Also I know that there are a lot of big Voidz fans on this website and I do think Tyranny is a decent album, but in light of a possible Strokes split is anyone really happy with the Voidz being Julian’s sole creative output? To me it seems like a bit of a waste of his talents. I get that he’s trying to convey a political message with Tyranny and one which I agree with, but he seems to have done everything to stop anyone other than hard core Strokes fans from noticing. He’s trying to do it with a new band, as well as also exploring the ‘in between’ bits of music and then obscures most of the lyrics on the album. I really dig some of the melodies on Tyranny but he seems to be trying to obscure them as much as possible, almost like he’s ashamed of being a great pop composer. Which I guess could explain his disillusionment with The Strokes. As a whole the project just seems self indulgent.

50 gS June 4, 2015 at 5:45 pm

I really like Tyranny. It’s ahead of its time. JC is one of a kind and at least he’ll continue making magic.

EVD, what day you?