Julian Casablancas Interviews The Doors

How are The Strokes spending their time between Angles and the making, and release, of Strokes V*?

(* = The Strokes haven’t started recording the follow-up to Angles, by the way. Nikolai just talked about it in a Q+A.)

Well, Fab is reportedly dating Kristen Wiig, Albert is scuba diving, Nick is raising his kids in LA, and Nikolai has released a Beatles cover.

That leaves Julian, who recently interviewed the remaining members of The Doors for Complex magazine. Before the interview, Julian wrote a four-paragraph introduction, which included the following:

If I had to describe my interview style I’d say it’s Chris Farley-like—basically over-excited to hear them talk about anything. I was very nervous before getting on the phone and sincerely hoped they would like me as an interviewer. When it started out a bit rocky (there were audio issues with the phone) I was quietly mortified for a minute, but in the end it was thrilling to get to speak directly with such legends.

What a fangirl. Click here for the rest of the interview.

(thanks to the modern age for the link.)

1 Tobe January 20, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Kinda pisses me off how Nick was like ‘we’re entering the studio’ and seemingly pumped about recording, especially as they didn’t really do a proper tour for Angles, and they haven’t even started working on it.

2 the modern age January 20, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Eric called Julian a fangirl. hahaha :)

3 Eric Van Dril January 20, 2012 at 4:02 pm

@the modern age — : )

@Tobe — You have to be patient. The Strokes not recording right now doesn’t mean that they’re not working on material.

4 wolfman January 20, 2012 at 5:21 pm

julian needs to stop being so dam awkward. since he sucks so much at being sarcastic, he needs to just stop lol. and have we given up on a third single at this point? really weird just having 2..

5 Nicki January 20, 2012 at 6:13 pm

@wolfman I know right it is weird! Every album has had 3. I asked niko about it when he was doing that q&a but he didn’t answer

6 Nicki January 20, 2012 at 6:16 pm

It worries me a bit. Only 2 singles, no proper tour. And the reason for not doing a proper tour was to work on the next album, but it doesn’t seem like they’re doing that yet still.

7 Bob January 20, 2012 at 6:53 pm

has anyone else seen the volkswagon commercial that uses “The Next Time Around” by Little Joy?

8 wolfman January 21, 2012 at 3:04 pm

and whatever happened with tht song he recorded with rivers cuomo?

9 Mateja January 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm

It’s nice to see Julian excited about something. And the interview is very interesting if you like The Doors.

Off topic . Ijust found this entire set at Hurricane 2006. Great concert, is very similar to Belfort, but without Hawaii and with NYC Cops. And in Germany instead of France (?). But Julian is in a similar mood. Great camera smash at Last Nite.

10 johnlocke January 22, 2012 at 7:27 am

his questions are SO related to the strokes!!!!

11 Adam January 23, 2012 at 11:42 am

I like the Doors and Robby Krieger is a cool dude, but Ray Manzarek is just such a tool. So full of himself, and really off-putting in his politics. I’m all for celebrities having viewpoints but not to the point of being nasty and divisive.

12 heather January 24, 2012 at 5:49 pm

I’m more than a little surprised that more has not been made of this interview. Julian interviewing the Doors is a huge deal. This was the band that he studied to learn how to put together music. In essence, getting him started in music. Why isn’t this interview posted everywhere? Its not on any of the twitter sites , it’s not on NME or The Strokes’ official site and there barely any comments about it here. What gives? This should be getting more attention than this. It’s Julian Casablancas of the Strokes interviewing THE DOORS.

13 BiffTannen January 25, 2012 at 2:16 pm

@Tobe have you considered they might actually be recording but not telling people so the press isn’t down their throats about updates?

14 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Great 1 webpage proprietor good results blog site submit good sharings on this webpage usually have entertaining

15 Donnie July 25, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Wonderful submit admin! i bookmarked your world-wide-web blog. i will glimpse ahead if you can have an e-mail record adding.

16 review August 5, 2012 at 9:41 am

I truly appreciate this post. I

17 contenido útil August 5, 2012 at 10:10 pm

I conceive this internet internet site contains some rattling amazing information for every person : D. 78220

18 minecraft item ids August 28, 2012 at 6:19 am

never saw a site like this, relaly impressed. compared to other blogs with this write-up this was definatly the most effective web site. will save. 243732

19 http://backlink-monster.de September 3, 2012 at 6:53 am

I truly don

20 Going Here September 4, 2012 at 5:03 am

Thank you for every other informative website. Where else could I get that type of info written in such a perfect means? I

21 best apps for iPad 2 September 4, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Hey there. I want to to ask a little something