The Julian Casablancas Interview From That New $50 ‘Music’ Book (UPDATED)

Via Wolfman…

Thank you to Becky for the scan of the article. I think it’s just this page, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, here is the scan. It’s kind of hard to read, but if you click on the picture you should be able to manage. I hope.

What do you think? Did you learn anything?

1 Becky October 24, 2010 at 9:49 am

Did we learn anything? COME on!
Doors and Yellow Ledbetter. Oh hell yes. Although, he didn’t know about The Best of the Doors till he was fifteen? Where the fuck was he before that, some hellhole like Scandinavia? I kid; I kid.
And since I just spent some of my life screaming and fucking going absolutely nuts for every moment of him in Austin, yep, I very much like what he says about crowd energy & performing.
I think the words, “blow you” may have worked their way into those screams…actually I think something more along the lines of, “I want to be inside of you” happened. Oops.

2 asma October 24, 2010 at 1:06 pm

oh thanks man for posting :) – glad I didn’t order the book now cause it’s kind of a repetition of what he’s said before about his youth, and the writing process etc. in other interviews, plus the fact that it’s quite brief..

3 Jordan October 24, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Props to Becky for scanning this for us! But yeah not much new stuff here. Would have liked maybe some anecdotes on specific songs and how he came up for them but………….I SECOND BECKY’S BLOWING COMMENT, LET ME BLOW YOU JULES PLEASE I DON’T BITE DAMMIT.

4 Becky October 24, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Jordan, I’m an old woman. I haaaave dentures.

5 Speedy October 24, 2010 at 9:52 pm

becky, i think its time to proceed to the next level. you need to work on an app for iphone…with games, news, sex scandals, and pictures of the strokes. ya know?

6 Winter October 25, 2010 at 5:21 am

Becky, you’re totally awesome! You make my cold scandinavian blood hot, hot hot

7 Rola October 25, 2010 at 7:14 am

Check this out you guys: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Strokes-on-The-Simpsons/167057543304555?v=info

Lets get The Strokes featured on The Simpsons!

8 Emallumette October 25, 2010 at 7:20 am

Wanna marry me Becky ?

9 nikki V October 25, 2010 at 10:32 am

Becky….you are awesome! For posting this, for making me laugh, and for being my long distance love. Sorry Emallumette….she’s mine, well, Bart’s too.

The article was great, but the pics of Jules are just a fantastic.

10 Becky October 26, 2010 at 3:23 am

Emallumette, nah, I’m good. I already got Eric’s digits, which is all I really wanted out of all this, anyway.

11 Becky October 26, 2010 at 3:58 am

Speedy, like I know how to make an i phone app BUT my 7-year-old nephew is actually working on that. For real, he has all these programming books; it’s so cute.
Working on a Strokes sex gossip app with a 7-year-old…sounds about right…for me.
Names: TSN Mobile? Stroke Me, Stroke Me?

12 Steph October 26, 2010 at 11:13 am

Well one thing we’ve learned from this is that Becky is a player. Other than that, I do like what Julian says about why we’re fascinated with musicians.

13 zmargi October 26, 2010 at 11:48 am

@Becky
“I want to be inside of you”
I know…I melted when I heard it

14 Mary Shea October 27, 2010 at 10:15 am

Shit I’m blind.

What does he say about why we’re fascinated with musicians?

15 julie October 27, 2010 at 11:49 am

OH MY GOD… Julian’s latest tweets are fucking funny! It took me a few seconds to realise what the hell he meant. Do you think it’s just a very bored Richard Priest playing Julian?? @Mary Shea – I brought the screen to about an inch from my face and I still couldn’t read parts of it… but something like “they’re capable of instilling instant pleasure and delight to unlimited masses of people” – if that’s the bit you’re asking about?

16 julie October 27, 2010 at 11:54 am

I think Richard Priest should take control of The Strokes’ twitter page – it’s still hanging on one from Oct 7th….

17 Becky October 27, 2010 at 6:18 pm

“Maybe some people are fascinated with musicians because they’re capable of instilling instant pleasure and delight to unlimited masses of people.”

I guess I could have just done a decent job of scanning in the first place.

Sorry, yos.

18 wolfman November 1, 2010 at 10:42 am

There’s a video clip from his interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlWytypqZAY

19 lady November 28, 2010 at 1:29 pm

it mad me learn that i just need to keep practising and if i keep getting somewhere i may be able to achieve what ive always wanted to do but just ended up giving up falling trough myself. god after all this time i could have actaull been doing what i wanted fuck.

20 April February 8, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Thanks Becky for posting this, I enjoyed the read!

21 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 6:54 am

Greetings thanks for excellent article i used to be looking for this challenge final 2 days and nights. I will look for following valuable posts. Have fun admin.

22 ACLS Certification Online August 18, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Wohh exactly what I was searching for, regards for posting . 94740

23 http://www.foxwilmington.com/story/22030260/transvaginal-mesh-lawyers-at-bernstein-liebhard-llp-report-on-latest-case-management-conference-in-federal-transvaginal-mesh-lawsuits July 28, 2013 at 10:39 pm

253957 551972really good post, i undoubtedly enjoy this site, maintain on it 764943