Julian Casablancas, Fabrizio Moretti are on the new Ke$ha record

Dr. Luke, the producer of the new Ke$ha record, says that Fab Moretti and Julian Casablancas will be on the popstar’s upcoming LP.

Via an interview with MTV that was posted yesterday:

“Iggy Pop is on the record, Patrick [Carney] from The Black Keys is on it, another sick drummer we have is Fabrizio Moretti from The Strokes on it and [frontman] Julian Casablancas plays on some stuff and Wayne Coyne from The Flaming Lips did a song.”

Why, you may ask, would Fab and Julian play on Ke$ha’s new record? Well, money is the most obvious answer. Frustrating hardcore Strokes fans waiting for new material may be another. But the third option — that Ke$ha is friends with Julian and Fab and the pair were just doing her a favor — is the most likely answer.

Remember this?

701 Annie 1251 November 5, 2012 at 3:22 pm

@modern age
LOL! I think he looks cute!! really! :)

@LillySu
Ok – I’m trusting Juliet will keep him on track. She’s won my respect in a major way.

Hey – maybe this photographer girl will take some photos’s of THE STROKES RECORDING!!
There’s an idea!

702 Annie 1251 November 5, 2012 at 3:28 pm

@LillySu & modern age & wolfsie
I went back and looked at his pants again – I think they are not short – they are kinda bunched like around hi-tops or boots. I think he looks thinner too. Dammit -C’mon! -he looks a helluva lot better than those LA chilie photo’s from last year! hahaha….

And remember My fave new comment:
“My Lord, You’re getting all Babe again”

Life is good! :) :) :) :)

703 the modern age November 5, 2012 at 3:41 pm

@Annie, I loved that babe comment and agree, lol :)

704 Annie 1251 November 5, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Here’s a bigger photo of those pants. Ignore the frantic girls post – the other people said he HAS his wedding ring on. I’m just posting this so you can see his pants aren’t short. Just kinda baggy!

**I want everyone to know that I am AWARE this is not important as new Strokes music! Unfortunately, there’s NO NEW MUSIC YET!! LOL!!

705 LillySu November 5, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Well, this is made me laugh! Who had an urge to make gif like this…

706 Annie 1251 November 5, 2012 at 4:21 pm

@LillySu
LOL! What is he doing? Is he singing w/his eyes shut? Or is he sleeping?

707 the modern age November 5, 2012 at 4:25 pm

O…M…G… Where do you find this stuff LillySu???

708 Dracula's Lunch November 5, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Because you can see just the rounded edge of the mic there it looks like he’s quietly nibbling on a wee cupcake.

709 the modern age November 5, 2012 at 4:39 pm

They call it a cupcake now?

710 the modern age November 5, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Everyone, I meant to ask this earlier. If the news isn’t that Strokes V is ready, what kind of news would we want? I would like interviews on video!

711 Annie 1251 November 5, 2012 at 5:48 pm

@the modern age
YES!! That’s EXACTLY what I would like! And I would like to see a video of them recording TOGETHER. You know- joking around and having fun and recording-together-as in ONE ROOM. That would be great. and video interviews. and just letting us know they are alive and well and still the Strokes. For Pete’s sake!
We’re just trying to be FANS here! Why do they make it so hard?

712 the modern age November 5, 2012 at 5:55 pm

@A, They really do, don’t they?!

713 Annie 1251 November 5, 2012 at 6:44 pm

@LillySu & errrybody-some JC stuff

Is this Alex with Mr. Beautiful here?

ok-this cuteness level is just stupid now

I love his treble cleft! js.

well this is odd-it looks like Phrazes era, but does he have a black eye?
maybe it’s his guy-liner, lol

omg…the yawning…..hahaha :) does he never sleep or what?

714 Dracula's Lunch November 5, 2012 at 7:33 pm

@Annie, do you mean Alex Turner? lol because that’s JP Bowersock. They don’t really look alike haha

715 Annie 1251 November 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm

@Dracula’s Lunch
No, lol! I meant Alex Carapatis from the Sick Six. I thought maybe it was him with his hair pulled back.
The guy in the photo looked too young to be JP, I thought. But now that you mention it – and I looked again -you’re right.

But you and I must have been on the same “brain wave” because just about the time you were posting that (about Alex) to me, I was reading this quote from him:

“Writing isn’t the same as speaking, I struggle with conversation”
— Alex Turner (via barbieandken)

***I didn’t know he was a shy guy too (like Julian). That’s gotta make it so hard to be a front man. Seriously.

716 Annie 1251 November 5, 2012 at 7:53 pm

@Dracula’s Lunch
This blogger loves the Strokes and the Arctic Monkeys. You should check it out – because the witty comments they make all throughout the blog are just so funny!

This is an interesting comment from Alex:

717 Tommy Pickles November 5, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Julian must be spending a fair amount of time in California because he posted a link to one of the propositions here on his twitter.

718 TheTourist November 5, 2012 at 9:38 pm

For the longest time since I heard Is This It (the song) I was wondering where I heard some of the guitar. I had the tune and lyrics but not the song name or band name but I figured it out. Where is my mind by The Pixies.
I hope that’s what it was… Or else I’m just crazy and was just imagining it…

719 randomguy November 5, 2012 at 10:02 pm

@Errybody Changing the subject (answer if you’re a small town person), When was the last time you heard the Strokes or anything remotely related to them on the radio. Satellite radio doesnt count. I remember listening to to 12:51 on the radio when I was like 6 (who can forget the guitar, right?) in like 2003/4. My town’s radio station was good a few years back when they played a mix of The Killers, Jet, Coldplay, etc. But it’s shit today now. All in 10 minutes yesterday, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and One Direction. Closest thing to rock music is Nickelback. WTF

720 randomguy November 5, 2012 at 10:08 pm

@Annie 1251 I need to print out a copy of that Strokes “Fan Test” I’ll post my answers tomorrow. Too bad we can’t post pictures here, just links to ‘em. We should and make an actual quiz to prove the knowledge of any Strokes fan! That would be so cool! E.g: All of The Strokes were born in New York City, True or False?/Name the 7th song off of their 2nd album./What’s Julians middle name?, etc.

721 Dracula's Lunch November 5, 2012 at 10:19 pm

@Annie, hahaha OH! I didn’t think you meant Mr. Sexy Turner but when I see the name Alex I immediately jump to the lounge lizard himself. But you’re right about Alex. When Arctic Monkeys first formed they had some other dude doing the vocals because he was too shy for it. He’s not quite as helpless as Jules during interviews haha but then there’s ones like this where you could hear a pin drop lol

Muh eyes are overloading with sexy.

722 TheTourist November 5, 2012 at 10:42 pm

@Annie
OH MY HOLY JC! That Take It Or Leave It was mind-blowing! Better than a lot of their 200-2006 performances with vocals and energy from all the band! Holy crap! I just can’t.

723 LillySu November 5, 2012 at 11:11 pm

@randomguy
Don’t make me start on that subject, please. I’m from small town from small country where people have music taste which I wouldn’t even call taste. The radio station I listen all the time is once-was-alternative-but-now-not-so-anymore. The music is maybe a little better than your example, but Strokes are very rarely played and when it happens, it’s always Last Nite. The other day they brought some guy which once was their music editor and he got 1 hour to choose music. Well, that was a treat. After that, back to the hole.

724 LillySu November 6, 2012 at 6:25 am

This is so good. It’s track-by-track review of FIOE by Strokes themselves, given to NME. And how it’s possible I never saw this before? And there’s few surprising facts for me. Wasn’t Evening Sun written by Fab? And explanation how Red Light was inspired by Mozart’s opera is weird. But… whatever…

725 the modern age November 6, 2012 at 7:28 am

@LillySu, Loved that.

726 Annie 1251 November 6, 2012 at 9:34 am

@Tommy Pickles
My detective skills are improving! I thought Julian was in LA! I think he’s been there since he filmed that little movie clip-since the beginning of October.
Which is good because he and his family didn’t have to deal with the hurricane in NYC.

But it’s NOT GOOD for us fans because:

WHAT IS HE DOING ABOUT THIS STROKES ALBUM??!!! Are they working on it or what??!!

727 Annie 1251 November 6, 2012 at 9:53 am

@randomguy
I’m glad you liked my list! I was laughing to myself when I was making it up – because we are all such dedicated fans – it’s kind of crazy sometimes! But I love that there is a whole wonderful group here with me that I know could check off just about every thing on that list, lol!

And yeah – a real Strokes Quiz would be so cool! But we would have to come up with some really HARD stumpers – the people on this forum are amazing with their Strokes knowledge! :)

And about your question regarding Strokes-playing on the radio. It’s very disheartening. I listen to 104.5 – an “alternative” station and they will sometimes play UCoD or Someday. And that’s about it. wth!
But this Alternative Music choice cable station plays them often. (there’s no commercials). Yesterday they played Heart in a Cage!! Swear to God!! They also sometimes play Juicebox, UCoD, TFaF, 12:51 (yaaaay!) and Machu Picchu. And that’s good! Because that gets the Strokes music out there.
I have gone off ranting here so many times before about this lack of Strokes interest on the Toxic Radio. I really don’t understand it. I’m not just saying that. I don’t see why their songs are not played often – why are they not a regular part of playlists? I know the 104.5 station doesn’t have a huge playlist – and they do play a lot of current stuff. But since they also play older songs – I think the Strokes should be played!! How freaking frustrating.

728 Annie 1251 November 6, 2012 at 9:56 am

@Dracula’s Lunch
Since I am a “new” Arctic Monkeys fan (thanks to you guys!) that was the first interview I’ve heard Alex speak (I’ve only heard him sing). I LOVE that accent! :)
He seems like a very cool guy. No wonder Julian speaks so highly of them.

729 wolfsie November 6, 2012 at 10:09 am

@Annie and Dracula’s lunch
I’m a new Arctic Monkeys fan too! Been listening to a bit of their music but haven’t really taken it to the next level yet (obsession!) My kids and I have been working on our british slang, practicing our accents and calling things daft! I love that first stage of listening to a “new” band, or reading a new series of books by an author, discovering a new actor you like and seeing all their films – yeah I guess I do obsession well!

730 LillySu November 6, 2012 at 10:29 am

Look, another Pettyfest, this time in LA. And this time Nick and Fab in it.
Maybe Julian will come to see them if he’s still in LA. Or not?

731 the modern age November 6, 2012 at 11:30 am

Does anyone want to move our conersation up to Eric’s newest post?

732 LillySu November 6, 2012 at 11:46 am