Download: Audio From The Strokes’ Benicassim Set — July 15, 2011

Pic via @WizKidMgmt

Thanks to Laurena from @TheStrokes_Fans, this zip file contains nearly all of The Strokes’ set from Friday night’s set at Benicassim.

There aren’t any quality videos currently up on YouTube, but the crowd was apparently crazy so hopefully some professionally-shot video surfaces down the line. The setlist was as follows…

1. New York Cops
  14. Under Control
  15. Gratisfaction
  16. Hard To Explain
  17. Juicebox
  18. Take It Or Leave It

1 tyler July 16, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Why would I want to listen to shitty live versions of songs I have had enough of?

2 Eric Van Dril July 16, 2011 at 9:41 pm

@Tyler — I’m not forcing you to download them.

3 Toni July 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm

@Tyler.. Why wud we wanna listen to you complain about a band most find it impossible to complain about?

4 Tank July 16, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Thanks for the download link Eric! Cant wait to hear it..

5 Tank July 16, 2011 at 10:40 pm

@tyler.. weak

6 Jj July 17, 2011 at 1:23 am

Tyler you’re a looser. Eric is doing a really nice job here

7 AlexF July 17, 2011 at 3:05 am

Great find!

But, seriously what the hell did Jules say at the end of YOLO??

8 Lulu July 17, 2011 at 6:50 am

@Tyler … then why do you even come here. You need to find a band you like. I have been a huge critic on this blog.

I am excited to hear these and determine if The Strokes are continuing to gain in momentum. We have seen phenomenal growth in their energy since those two crappy concerts in California earlier this year. I like the direction, the growth and I love these songs. I love hearing them with the slight variations you get with each live performance and watch The Strokes progression.

I have had my doubts and I have expressed them. Now, I am at a point in believing they are operating more in unity and not only is the next album a certainty, possibly it might get back to an evolution of what they do best – amazing riffs between Albert and Nick – cryptic lyrics – phenomenal counter melodies and counter harmonies – chord arpeggios that surface and fade as chordal underpinnings – all in a driving rock ‘n’ roll and Julian’s sexy voice.

9 Eric Van Dril July 17, 2011 at 7:45 am

@Lulu — “There is a chance, not huge, but a real chance the next album could be at least their second best, ever. Three months ago, I was not sure there would be a next album.”

I feel the same way. I don’t know if they can top Angles, but I’m excited to hear the attempt.

10 Eric Van Dril July 17, 2011 at 7:45 am

@jj – *loser.

11 Beth July 17, 2011 at 8:07 am

Hey Eric, just interested by your comment on the earlier post – do you mean by that that you think of Angles as their best album? Just curious, because it’s interesting to hear a fan vouch for that album ahead of the usual Is This It, the status of which even the band themselves seem to have given into. Would be interested to hear your ideas on the album, without causing any maniacal response from other readers of the site ;-)

12 oscar July 17, 2011 at 1:07 pm

awesome, thanks for the link!

13 oscar July 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm

thanks again… I’ve mixed the audiotracks with some videos that I recorded last friday night, here is the first one, Reptilia http://youtu.be/VZVbM7I8y50, cheers

14 Iasmiine July 18, 2011 at 9:53 am

I was there, front row, thought l was going to pop my ribcage. People were passing out every 30 seconds and taken out of the crowd over our heads which meant l received a lot of kicks in the head and had to watch the show from behind the guards taking people out. I thought the Strokes were quite flawless, but then again l could barely hear them over the crowd. Don’t know what to say, on the other hand Arcade Fire blew my mind last night, cried through the whole set… Crowd was amazing too.

15 Alex July 19, 2011 at 10:28 am

Best gig of an amazing festival. The crowd were totally pumped for The Strokes. Utterly amazing.

16 Melby July 19, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Is that the first live performance of “Machu Picchu”???

17 Emma July 20, 2011 at 2:04 pm

The Strokes is definitely one of my all time favorite bands! I’ve been watching the video for “Take For A Fool,” which is definitely one of the best songs off their new album :) Here’s the link to the video: http://www.vevo.com/watch/the-strokes/taken-for-a-fool/USRV81100040

18 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Great publish admin thank you. I located what i was in search of here. I’ll review complete of posts in such a day time

19 Sherwood July 25, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Wonderful put up admin thank you. I found what i was trying to find right here. I’ll review complete of posts on this day

20 Qatar Properties For Sale and Rent July 27, 2012 at 12:08 am

I like this internet web site because so significantly utile stuff on here : D. 43303

21 siguiente página July 27, 2012 at 7:49 am

You produced some decent points there. I looked on the internet for that concern and located most individuals will go together with with the internet site. 320441

22 more August 5, 2012 at 9:53 am

Outstanding post, I conceive individuals ought to larn a great deal from this web website its truly user genial . 395554

23 sitio importante August 5, 2012 at 9:58 pm

A really really intriguing post! I

24 Find out how to get rid of bed bugs without chemicals August 20, 2012 at 10:46 am

hi, your website is great. I truly do numerous thanks for operate 998489