Watch: CRX’s ‘Ways to Fake It’ (Official Video)

CRX’s debut album, New Skin, is out today. Go buy it.

And check out the band’s official video for “Ways to Fake It” below. It’s directed by Warren Fu.

1 Miguel November 29, 2016 at 6:56 am

@Joyce It’s awesome!! Every ep is awesome!

2 Miguel November 29, 2016 at 9:56 am

Hey guys was there any show announced by the Strokes in Germany? I dont recall that but on their site there’s a date in Germany on the shows menu… http://thestrokes.com/

3 Jake November 29, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Hey I don’t see the Germany date on the website… maybe you saw something that they took down for a later announcement. Anyways, hope they play in Germany because I’m currently living here! It would be sick to see my favorite band while outside the US!

4 Miguel November 30, 2016 at 3:14 am

Yeah they took it down, i saw it on the cultrecords website too yesterday on the Strokes tour dates section…It was april 22 in a place called magazin 4 in Bad Reichenhall, Germany. The venue seems really small from what i saw on the internet.

5 Jon November 30, 2016 at 8:53 am

Just got some tickets for bad reichenhall gig it’s near Salzburg. Seems like a random location maybe it’s s warm up for a bigger show

6 Andi November 30, 2016 at 10:21 am

Have you realized that the band in Bad Reichenhall is called The Stokes? I personally miss the “r” in the band’s name…

….just read that The Stokes are a german based irish folk band, and they’ve played in the venue already before. So maybe it’s like the Venison-secret-gig thing in London or everything is simply a stupid mix-up? I mean Bad Reichenhall is everything but no London – I’m sceptical though and I’m not a big fan of irish folk music…

7 Jon November 30, 2016 at 10:48 am

I hope not booked some flights as well it was listed on the strokes website as well and linked to Bandsintown app

8 Andi November 30, 2016 at 11:17 am

No no no, don’t worry – I was keen to buy tickets, but then I noticed the duboius missing “r”… What about your tickets, are you going?

Google shows it still as a upcoming event – maybe we should keep the hype and bestow The Stokes the biggest crowd so far?

9 Jon November 30, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Yes got tickets freaking out now but why would it be listed in the strokes site

10 Jon November 30, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Does anyone know who to ask to confirm this gig it could be an expensive mistake

11 Andi November 30, 2016 at 1:42 pm

You can see a calender of events at http://www.bad-reichenhall.com/de/veranstaltungskalender/ (only in german) for the town of Bad Reichenhall. If you search there for the 22th of april 2017 you’ll find the real Stokes gig – sorry for the disapointment, I hope that you’re not in big trouble with those tickets and stuff!

I really don’t know why it appeared as a actual Strokes concert on all the other websites…

12 wes December 1, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I’m stoked to see the Growler’s on the 21st at the Wiltern! If anyone’s going, lmk, I’m going with my cousin but it’d be cool to meet other strokes nerds.

13 LeavingIt December 2, 2016 at 8:40 pm

@Wes
Are you upper level or lower? TG are completely sold out all 3 nights except for the upper level on the 21st. 🙁

14 band-of-flying(Jeff)Kitez December 3, 2016 at 3:23 pm
15 Wes December 3, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Bummer, I hopped on them pretty early so I’m on the floor, the 21st.

16 LeavingIt December 7, 2016 at 10:28 pm

@Wes
Have fun! Should be a great show.

@band-
What the…? Where did that come from? Sounds like they took the voice track from Tyranny, played it both backwards and forwards (definitely backmasking, but thought I caught “assholes”), and put it over some new age stuff. That uploader has some weird videos.

17 HumanDadness December 8, 2016 at 1:09 pm

@leavingit

Ive heard them (Empty World), before that’s a real band. They had a EP full of stuff like that up a while ago but now it’s gone -definitely original music though.
Also the lyrics are on the description of the video btw

18 LeavingIt December 9, 2016 at 8:41 pm

@HumanDadness
Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out again. Really sounded like a mashup of Julian’s stuff and original background. Interesting.