Comedown Machine’s sales disappoint

Update: Apparently the Billboard link I listed below had the incorrect rankings. It turns out Comedown Machine was 10th in the United States, with 41,000 albums sold. That’s what several organizations are reporting, including the NYTUPDATED

Without any promotion and a strong lead single, it was rather clear Comedown Machine wasn’t going to do as well as all four preceding Strokes records.

Now, a little more than a week after its release, that notion has held true. Comedown Machine debuted at eighth on the Billboard charts in the United States, selling 40,000 copies. For reference, Angles and First Impressions of Earth both debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard charts, according to the popular music service.

In the UK, Comedown Machine was the 10th-best selling record last week, according to the BBC. It was the week’s second-best debut record behind Depeche Mode’s Delta Machine.

It will be interesting to see how Comedown Machine does in the coming weeks, without any live dates on the horizon. This record will likely fade into oblivion by the beginning of summer.

101 Matt April 4, 2013 at 5:18 pm
102 dave April 4, 2013 at 5:21 pm

i actually think CM is way better than Angles. It sounds a lot more cohesive, and I relaly did NOT like the sound of the synths on Angles – way too airy and light, not enough power behind them. I feel like the songs on CM are generally stronger and catchier, and the production packs more of the punch I expect from the Strokes. My standouts are Tap Out, OWT, Japan and Slow Animals. Even the slower, more atmospheric songs like 80s or Call it Fate appeal to me more than, say, Call Me Back. I find myself continually skipping songs on Angles, whereas that is not the case with CM.

My friends and I subscribe to the theory that this is the big “Eff You” to RCA, particularly with the ridiculous cover art and lack of promotion. I’m down with it either way.

103 mike April 4, 2013 at 5:36 pm

@matt a little delusional to be honest, its completely backwards the people who like CD live at this site and attack anyone who says anything remotely negative about the strokes/comedown. infact my very 1st post here before news of strokes v broke , i mentioned my disappointing with the band collaborating with Kesha on her new album when annie 1251 gif attacked me. hence the gif comment….

104 Matt April 4, 2013 at 6:10 pm

@mike
To be honest, you know this is a Strokes fansite. You know full well the backlash you’re going to get when you say anything negative about the band. When you go and attack the fan base like you did, you’re just asking for it. I respect people who can reasonably say why they don’t like what’s going on, but it’s unreasonable to expect anything other than backlash when you post something like that. And I don’t know if you’re native language is English or not, but your post comes off as really hating on the band.

105 Annie 1251 April 4, 2013 at 6:15 pm

@mike
I have never put anyone down for not liking CM. I actually posted that I felt bad for anyone that didn’t like it – and I mean that – because that’s how I felt with Angles. I liked a few songs here and there, but it just didn’t do it for me as an album. And it made me feel sad. Really.
I am thrilled that I do honestly love CM, but I would never make anyone feel bad for their own choices.
So I don’t really understand why you even mentioned me in your post?
I don’t remember ever “gif attacking” you. lol. but sorry if I upset you somehow.

**and to refresh your memory – the last time you and I butted heads – you were saying that Julian really couldn’t hit those high notes. So I posted this video to you:

and I (sarcastically) told you that you were “schooled by a Fangirl”. lol. I was kidding.

But- If being a “Fangirl” means loving this great band- and thinking that Julian Casablancas is a fantastic songwriter – then I guess that’s exactly what I am!
And I’ll bet I am in good company here. :)

106 Annie 1251 April 4, 2013 at 6:20 pm

@Matt
I just want to tell you that you are one very cool dude. Srsly. Your posts are always well thought out and interesting. and you always try to be fair with everyone.
I appreciate that you had my back, and I am really glad to have “met” you here on our forum! :)

107 Annie 1251 April 4, 2013 at 6:22 pm

@dave
I am hoping you and your friends are right!

108 YOLO April 4, 2013 at 6:23 pm

eye roll…………………

109 ITAO April 4, 2013 at 6:55 pm

@mike
It’s not the comment that made us attack you, it’s the way you said it. The way you said it gave us the impression that you are an asshole. You even asked for a Comeback gif.

110 Denis April 4, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I remember someone wrote a comment about Julian being on the new Daft Punk record. well apparently that is true! IM SO FUCKING EXCITING!

111 Eric Van Dril April 4, 2013 at 7:52 pm

@themodernage — No worries. You haven’t been too negative, at least I don’t think so.

112 but julian i'm a little bit older than you April 4, 2013 at 7:54 pm

@Denis
AHHH I knew it!

I really hope its true.

Alsoooo really hoping the “gearing up for announcements” wasn’t just the T-shirts…hahaha. They’re cool but i mean…

113 Ubu April 4, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Those t-shirts are bitchin! Anyone notice a little tribute to Lennon in the NYCC one?
I wish I was in the US. I’ll try to get that one somehow.

114 WHATHEFUCKWHASTHAT April 4, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Stop it STOP IT guysss :(

115 WHATHEFUCKWHASTHAT April 4, 2013 at 8:45 pm

@EVERYONE

I agree, people are harsh on each other, I’ve been attacked on this site even when I post, what I think are, thought out and thought provoking posts. I dont event attack people nor have I been a jerk.
(I AM NOT CALLING PEOPLE JERKS) <==(I say this before people think I am calling people jerks.mkay :)

116 WHATHEFUCKWHASTHAT April 4, 2013 at 8:48 pm

HOWEVER!!!!!! to people who come to this site to simply say (Comedown machine sucks, angles sucks, etc) BUT DONT, and I repeat, DONT BACK THEIR SHIT UP with credible and thoughtful posts explaining their view (doesnt have to be a loong post; like mine tend to be) then yeah. those people are jerks/trolls. not that I consider this site a “fansite” although, for the most part is appears to be.

117 WHATHEFUCKWHASTHAT April 4, 2013 at 8:49 pm

@Mike,

to be clear I haven’t called you a jerk, nor to the people disputing with you.
I actually thank you.

118 TheTourist April 4, 2013 at 11:07 pm

@WHATTHEFUCKWASTHAT
Agreed. Let’s all be chill. Music discussion can be really interesting, especially with different opinions! :D

119 randomguy April 5, 2013 at 5:23 pm

@Errybody
Any idea on tour dates? Do you think the Strokes could at least pull off a short North American tour? I’ve got my fingers crossed for a Vancouver show!

120 Coconuts April 5, 2013 at 11:07 pm

@randomguy
I’ve had my fingers crossed for a Vancouver show since 2006…

121 mike April 6, 2013 at 2:08 pm

my summarized point of view is that the word greatness is thrown around way to easily. this is greatness…

raw, spontaneous, no studio gimmicks just the strokes down to their basics. i’ve argued before that i felt the strokes listened to the critics, what i should of clarified was that they listened to the critics especially after FIOE. In my opinion this is the strokes most underrated album. Yet it was trashed and the strokes strayed from what made them the strokes.

same tour….

122 randomguy April 6, 2013 at 2:45 pm

@Coconuts
Where did they play their last show? At that time, I didn’t know of the existence of the strokes as a 9 year old… :(

123 TheTourist April 6, 2013 at 11:17 pm

@mike
There’s something we can agree on; FIOE was a very underrated album (My favorite) and 2006 had some of their best shows! I adore the Fuji and Eurockneese shows.

124 Annie 1251 April 7, 2013 at 5:14 am

@mike & Tourist
I agree with you that FIOE is so underrated, and it actually has been my favorites Strokes album for a while now. I honestly don’t understand the FIOE hate. Who cares if an album is longer than usual as long as it’s good? (No one said to the Beatles – “Listen, you’ve got to trim down this White album – it’s too long and never going to sell.”) LOL! Or maybe someone did say that to them- and they said Eff you – just like Julian did with FIOE.
I happen to love every song on the album, so I’m glad they kept them all.

and I do think FIOE is so special. The songs have such emotion in them you can FEEL it. IMO Electricityscape is one of TS most underrated songs, period. The music, the lyrics, Julian’s vocals and the melancholy guitar solo is so beautiful.

Heart in A Cage has Julian’s best deep vocals, amazing guitar solos and I don’t know WHY songs like that and YOLO aren’t played on the radio all the time – even now. So much better than 99% of stuff on the radio since 2006.

@Mike & any other FIOE Fans
I am posting this great positive FIOE review here because it is rare to find a reviewer that really “got” the magnificent songwriting, the great lyrics and music that makes FIOE.

The last two sentences perfectly sum up FIOE and TS in general. I think you’ll like it!

125 Coconuts April 7, 2013 at 8:09 am

@random guy
last show in Van was @Plaza of Nations

126 Bing bong boom April 7, 2013 at 5:14 pm

@ Annie,

“Who cares if an album is longer than usual as long as it’s good?”

But that’s the thing. A lot of the songs aren’t that good, or are just okay, and don’t deserve to be on the album. Songs like Evening Sun, 15 Minutes, Fear of Sleep, and Killing Lies could have been cut, and the album would have been better for it.

“(No one said to the Beatles – “Listen, you’ve got to trim down this White album – it’s too long and never going to sell.”)”

You’re comparing The Strokes to the Beatles? : /

“Or maybe someone did say that to them- and they said Eff you – just like Julian did with FIOE.’

In hindsight, everyone in the band not named Julian Casablancas felt the album was too long. And that it could have been better from a recording perspective, and a song writing perspective.

But I think it was at this point that the band’s experimentation started to overpower their songs catchiness, which is something that has plagued the last two albums. Vision of Division is impressive from a musical standpoint, but it’s what Albert would have thought of as one of the darker sounding songs on the album, and once you get over the guitar work, the song leaves you a bit cold. On the Other Side, and Juicebox are fascinating, but messy songs. Razorblade is a perfectly good Strokes song until you get to the chorus. Heart in a Cage is impressive, but sounds like the band trying to do Iggy Pop. The rest of the songs with the possible exception of Red Light (which sounds like it should be on a completely different album altogether) all sound like the band experimenting, with various degrees of success. You Only Live Once is the only song that is as good as their previous output, and it’s the only song I go out of my way to listen to.

127 randomguy April 7, 2013 at 7:12 pm

@Coconuts
I wonder where they would play now that they demolished the Plaza of Nati0ns….

128 TheTourist April 7, 2013 at 9:26 pm

@bing bong boom
*In your opinion

I love FIOE. Fear Of Sleep is one of my favorite songs! Ize of the World, Electricityscape, Red Light, HIAC are all so (extraordinarily) fantastic to me! I like every song on the album and I can’t say the same thing for Angles. I’m glad they kept it at that length because I couldn’t imagine not having those songs on it. It takes a bit more to get into, but that’s what keeps it timeless to me.

129 Banana April 8, 2013 at 12:41 am

Well, that’s their own fault. As good as Comedown Machine is, the marketing really sucked with this one. A lot of people I know who like the Strokes didn’t know this one was coming.

They should have released Welcome to Japan as lead single moooonths ago.

130 Annie 1251 April 8, 2013 at 4:15 am

@Bing Bong Boom
I knew after I typed that Beatles reference someone was going to bring it up. fyi: I am a huge Beatles fan. I know more about the Beatles than you can imagine. But tbh-I would rather throw on FIOE any day than the White Album. Yes! I actually said that and mean it! lol!

Now-this has always been the FIOE argument here-that the album is too long. I think, like Julian did, that all the songs needed to stay. and the four songs you said should have been cut have been listed as favorites by alot of fans here. It seems that so many fans like different songs on FIOE – there’s something for everyone.

And HIAC = Iggy Pop (?). HIAC sounds like Johnny Cash meets Julian Casablancas along with some great guitar solos. It’s a solid rock song that should still be played on the radio. And have you seen the awesome video, btw? TS in B&W awesomeness.

So many songs on FIOE have so much emotion to them. That’s what amazes me the most when people seem to “miss” that. The beautiful melancholy guitar solo’s on Electricityscape and Ize really don’t move you? and you are a Strokes fan?
wow. I find that surprising. I mean that. But- to each his own.

So- we are going to have to agree to disagree about FIOE. In a major way. But thanks for your time and your comments!

131 Annie 1251 April 8, 2013 at 4:22 am

@Tourist
Yes – I agree that FIOE is timeless. And you’re right – it does take a bit more to get into. That was putting it perfectly. You have to be willing to give each song a listen, because each song has it’s own little “style”. But I still think the album flows so well.

And FoS has become one of my most favorite songs, too! The emotion and the music during the “YOU’RE NO FUN, YOU’RE NO FUN”…… is so amazing!
Good stuff! :)

132 coconuts April 8, 2013 at 10:27 am

@random guy
Good question…they’re too big to play the Anal Retentive Reserved Seated Theatres (as I like to call them), but not big enough to fill Rogers Arena or BC Place. Maybe the scaled down “in the round” version of Rogers Arena or the Pacific Coliseum, or perhaps Deer Lake Park.
But my vote would be for 3 nights at The Commodore haha

133 BBB April 8, 2013 at 12:29 pm

@ Anne

“Now-this has always been the FIOE argument here-that the album is too long. I think, like Julian did, that all the songs needed to stay”

Julian wanted the songs on the album because he didn’t want the material to go to waste. Fair enough. But even the rest of the band now felt the album was too long.

“and what does THIS mean: “On the Other Side, and Juicebox are fascinating, but messy songs.” Juicebox is a powerful, amazing song and has one of the most awesome bass lines written, IMO. ”

It means neither song is that great. Juicebox is one of the stranger songs in the band’s catalog, with its Batman theme bassline, and Julian’s screaming vocals. The song doesn’t quite work, but it’s interesting in its own way. On The Other Side sounds like it’s trying to do too much and doesn’t quite work as a song either.

“And HIAC = Iggy Pop (?). HIAC sounds like Johnny Cash meets Julian Casablancas along with some great guitar solos”

Listen to The Passenger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhN__oEHaw

“Perhaps, instead of HIAC you are thinking of 15 Minutes? Julian said he was thinking along the lines of Sid Vicious’s “My Way” for the fabulous, frenetic 15 Minutes ending. Which is freaking incredible, IMO.”

I don’t know how anyone could listen to that song and not think of the Pogues. Definitely one of their worst songs, and a good example of them sounding more like who they were influenced by, than themselves.

“The beautiful melancholy guitar solo’s on Electricityscape and Ize really don’t move you?”

No, not really. They’re not bad songs, just not the types of Strokes songs I like.

“and you are a Strokes fan?”

Yes. One with discriminating taste. Which can’t be said for everyone, apparently.

134 Annie 1251 April 8, 2013 at 4:08 pm

@BBB

You haven’t convinced me to change my mind because of any of your comments. and I don’t think you are going to start listening to FIOE because of mine. You’re really just going off on a tangent here now and being kinda insulting.

and btw: I own a copy of Lust for Life. I am quite familiar with The Passenger. and although I love that song, I never once thought while listening to HIAC that Julian was copying Iggy. Like I already said – IMO, he sounds way more Johnny Cash-like, Alternative style. Pre-OotB vocals, if you will.

And we’ve all talked about this same subject so many time here on this site. Anyone can say – this song by TS sounds like this or that band. or this guitar riff. or these drums here. We can go back decades comparing bits of songs.

The truth is I honestly feel that the Strokes make their songs sound unique. Sometimes emotional, sometimes powerful, sometimes beautiful, and sometimes just funky and fun. That’s what makes them special.
and I love them for that. and I don’t care about all the comparisons. really.
Their music is just too good to care, IMO.

I’m a loyal Strokes fan on a Strokes site. Shoot me.

135 Well... Duh April 8, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Everyone just stop. I KNOW that we can all agree that Nicki Minaj beats any Strokes album with her song ‘Stupid Hoe’ . OBVIOUSLY.

I mean, the chorus is just so heartwarming and deep. The music isn’t like anything from Iggy or Johnny Cash, which makes it way better. It’s the kind of sound you spend hours banging your head against the wall to make…

Let’s all take a moment to appreciate music genius. GENIUS. Like, who else could think of “starships were meant to fly”? No one. No one would ever think to sing that.

I don’t think anyone has ever been at the level of Nicki Minaj musically. Her level of talent is as high as the ocean floor.

136 TuPapi April 8, 2013 at 9:34 pm

@BBB

“HIAC one of their worst songs?”

You’re on crack dude.

137 TuPapi April 8, 2013 at 9:40 pm

@BBB

FIOE has higher quality music in it than ROF or ITI, albeit, it brings a deep side with Julian’s lyrics. Listen to the guitar riffs across the album and tell me what album they’ve (Nick and Albert) played better on? Jule’s vocals complements the guitars very well but like I said, his lyrics and mood didn’t make a typical jingly-u-la-la album that makes you dance so you’re not happy. Well, good bc the world doesn’t care.

138 BBB April 9, 2013 at 11:35 am

@ Annie,

“I don’t know why you keep coming back at me here. You posted your argument to me. I posted mine back to you. I said that we would have to agree to disagree about FIOE.”

Probably because you make snotty comments like this:

“and you are a Strokes fan?
wow. I find that surprising. I mean that.”

I don’t know how you treat other people on this site, but if you’re going to talk like that, then I’m not going to let it slide without some comment.

@ TuPapi

Surely I’m not the only person who has said it is one of their worst songs? The song sucks. You can like it all you want, more power to you, but it still sucks. If I want to listen to the Pogues, I’ll listen to the Pogues. Not The Strokes doing some half-assed cover. And of the songs that were supposed to have been cut from the album, this song almost certainly would have been one of them.

“FIOE has higher quality music in it than ROF or ITI,”

It’s slicker, it’s higher quality (from a recording standpoint) but that doesn’t make it a good album. Funny you should mention the production, one of the sore spots Nick Valensi has with the album:

“My worry is that the album won’t age well. You know how you listen to certain albums from the 90s and they just sound so 90s? That’s the problem in going with state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology. The top of the line shit always gets dated because there’s another trick that comes out in a couple of years.”

Albert’s thoughts on the album:

“It’s not just about the number of songs. It’s that, when you listen to it, it feels heavy. I had never felt that with us.”

And Julian’s

“some songs missed the mark. I think people missed the messed-up excitement of what we had. We could’ve stayed a little weirder and people would’ve come around to us, but we rushed to it by trying to sound slicker.”

Bottom line is, even the band feels the album was too long, and not entirely successful.

“his lyrics and mood didn’t make a typical jingly-u-la-la album that makes you dance so you’re not happy”

The album has not the same energy or, if you want to get all Annie about it, “emotion”, as the previous two, yes. But that’s not entirely the problem. As has already been said, the problem is its length. You have songs that don’t really need to be there, and the only member of the band unwilling to part with them was Julian. Cut three or four of the those songs, and I think the album becomes significantly tighter.

139 Annie 1251 April 9, 2013 at 4:32 pm

@bbb
Dude – what is your deal?!! I’ve never met ANYONE here on this forum as angry as you! You need to chill out! You are taking everything that me (and now Tu Papi) said out of context and twisting stuff around and just going a little crazy!
It’s like you have some kind of FIOE vendetta! LOL!

But you did make me smile when you said “if you want to get all Annie about it”. hahaha…..

If you recall – my original FIOE post was directed towards two people here (mike & tourist) that expressed how much they liked FIOE. and I was happily agreeing with them and posting a special review for them to read.
A perfectly normal thing to do here on Eric’s site.

Why did you feel you needed to post to me (so angrily) just to trash a Strokes album that I love?
Here on a Strokes site, I might add? What was the point of all that negativity?

I didn’t love Angles but I didn’t start posting song by song what I didn’t like about it. I know some people here love Angles. I said it wasn’t for me (in conversations – not attacking people’s opinions).

oh and for that one quote you found of Julian having a moment of self doubt – I could also post comments I’ve read where he was happy with FIOE. and I am not so concerned with what Nick had to say – he always has negative comments. and as for the length? Julian wrote 90% of the album himself. IMO that man is entitled to have whatever freaking songs he wanted on the record.

And you took my so called “snotty” comment out of context. Or maybe you didn’t understand?

“The beautiful melancholy guitar solo’s on Electricityscape and Ize really don’t move you? and you are a Strokes fan?
wow. I find that surprising. I mean that. But- to each his own.”

Yes – I find it hard to believe that anyone that love TS wouldn’t be moved by those fantastic guitar solos. I actually find it amazing. I actually thought at that point that perhaps you really WEREN’T a Strokes fan, and were just busting balls on this site. Srsly. All that hate for so many Strokes songs?
It just seems unreal to me. But I said to you “to each his own”. and I meant that. whatevs.

fyi: this “discussion” is over. We’re not going to get anywhere.
It’s been real.

140 TuPapi April 9, 2013 at 9:53 pm

@BBB

Well, you have an opinion on HIAC and I respect it but i’m not sure most Strokes fans would agree with you.

To your other point, FIOE’s production is higher but not as elevated/over-dubbed as Angles or even CM. FIOE takes many raw elements from ITI and ROF and creates a fitting sound consistent with their previous work. Again, I would state that the lyrics and the general mood on FIOE is what might turn off some Strokes fans but it is an album consistent and expanding upon their previous work.

Angles on the other hand came from god-knows-where. And CM builds on Angles, it sounds more coherent as an album and brings back some of the upbeat mood from the first 2 albums – which is great.

“FIOE won’t age well.” I’d say it’ll age better than Angles or CM which are exactly what you stated, “using cutting-edge technology.” FIOE is as timeless as ROF and probably more so than ITI. I’ve played ITI to friends and they claim it has a 70′s feel. With FIOE, the typical response I get is, “cannot tell what era it is from” or “it sounds recent with early 80′s guitar riffs.”

141 up on a hill April 10, 2013 at 9:11 am

the sales may have dissapointed but thats to be expected, it doesnt take away anything from the album itself which we all know is amazing. but on the bright side CM is the #1 bestseller in amazon’s alternative and indie rock chart so it can’t have dissapointed that much!!

142 oleg June 20, 2013 at 8:06 am

strokes is the only modern band i like. i think CM is masterpiece

143 Matt 77 September 7, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Is it just me or does the media hate the Strokes? Is This It gets some love, but never without some douche hipster talking about its punk or Velvet influence. ITI is in a league of its own and I’m a major punk and Velvet fan. Every single song on ITI is flawless; the Clash’s 1st and London Calling are up there, but both have songs I skip. ITI deserves to be recognized as one of the best LPs of all time. Room on Fire would be my favorite LP if ITI was never made. Critics claim it’s too reminiscent of ITI. I think the only similarities between the two are the Strokes’ amazing energy and a similar genre style. Both of the LPs are ground breaking in their own ways: ITI re-invigorated rock music and RoF defined the 2000s music scene, though the Strokes’ peers have abused the sound.
The critics turned up the heat with the Strokes after the release of First Impressions. FIoE is the unfiltered Strokes with some amped up production value. First is a barnstormer, with real emotion and frustration combined with superior instrumentals. I understand some people’s critical arguments, but I would gladly put up with a Killing Lies to get Juicebox and Red Light. Where is the Love? If you’re paralyzed and can’t skip the two weaker moments on FI, then I’m sorry; otherwise, skip what you don’t like without complaints because it’s worth hearing. The Strokes are one of a handful of bands that have made LPs that are strong from start to finish (the Clash, Sublime, and that’s about it-the Velvets always had required skipping in every LP as well as the Stones and the Beatles). It’s wrong for the critics and fans to expect perfection from every album.
By the time the Strokes bounced back into the music scene, critics changed tactics and began to resort to haughty derision or silent treatment. Angles and CM are both good LPs, though not as brilliant as their previous efforts. However, I prefer either of the records to anything the rest of the music industry has spewed out in the last few years. Goyte? Garbage. Fun? Not even for a moment (well maybe a moment, but I already regret it). Radioactive? Appropriate name because this song is the musical equivalent of radiation poisoning. On their worst day, the Strokes play music that destroys the shit dominating the airwaves. Angles was notoriously inconsistent, by the high standard of Strokes music, but worth every penny for tracks 1,2,5,7, and 10. I have never heard any of these songs on the radio. I prefer CM to Angles because there’s more to love (I like every song) and they bounced around genres without losing the punch. Yet, CM gets no radio play and all I’ve seen is hatred in the press for All the Time (not good enough) and One Way Trigger (supposed rip off of Aha).
So. . . The media needs to wake up. Most of the press ignores the Strokes and the rest criticizes everything the band does, especially by comparing their recent work to ITI (best LP ever). What is the motivation for this Bullshit? I think the absence of press is even worse than the misguided criticism. At the very least, the Strokes deserve consideration. Radiohead has thrown out a barrage of horrible albums, but they are just experimenting with their sound (makes sense if their sound is a combination of a tone deaf Coldplay and two computers banging each other). The Strokes deserve recognition and some radio play (the Strokes have 30+ songs that are radio worthy, yet the only songs I’ve heard on the radio are Last Nite and Juicebox-about six years ago). My theory is that Julian either beat the shit out of Tom Yorke of Radiohead or told the entire media to collectively fuck itself. Any other theories regarding the media’s hatred of the Strokes?

144 thestrokesonfire September 18, 2013 at 9:15 am

Angles is by far the better of the 2…. my opinion of course…