Amanda de Cadenet: Nick Valensi went to work today (on album No. 5)

The Strokes are currently working on album No. 5. Awesome.

Oh, and Fab is back from Paris, according to this link: http://www.glassinebox.com/blog/everyday-we-make-art-4

(the Fab news comes via reader Sarah)

651 Annie 1251 April 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm

@Modern age, LillySu & Shadey
What is the deal with him? That is a great song!
Shadey – yes – it does sound much more Strokes-y- the song makes you feel alive!!

I think I figured out Julian’s problem with all these “extra little things” that he writes (that was a perfect description, modern age) and all these songs and ideas he has-

He doesn’t seem to understand how this all works-
(and it’s very simple):

1) WRITE the song

2) RECORD the song

3) People will BUY the song

4) Go out and tour and PLAY the song!!!

He’s got #1 down-no problem!
I’d be happy if he could just master #2 & #3!!!

652 shadey April 24, 2012 at 1:22 am

@Annie I suppose it’s indicative of the personal attachment to his music. He probably thought the song wasn’t good enough, so didn’t go through and completely finish it/incorporate it into his solo career. It might creep up again, be on the lookout, lol.

653 LillySu April 24, 2012 at 2:43 am

This evening The Bowery Electric & friends unite to suport Brett Kilroe in his fight against cancer. Nikolai, Albert, Fab and Nick will do DJ-ing.

654 Nicki April 24, 2012 at 4:41 am

@lillysu yeah I saw that… Fuck I seriously need to move to NYC! God damn!

655 LillySu April 24, 2012 at 4:56 am

But, where is Jules! :(

656 Annie 1251 April 24, 2012 at 5:08 am

@LillySu
Very cool of the 4 guys to do this.
I was wondering myself why Julian didn’t join them.

I’m sure he was just….. busy….right? Yeah, let’s go with that!

657 Annie 1251 April 24, 2012 at 5:11 am

@LillySue
Wait – is it for tonight, (Tuesday)? Then maybe he’ll surprise everyone and show up.
That would really be great (for so many reasons!)

658 Annie 1251 April 24, 2012 at 5:18 am

@LillySu
Look what I found – it says Julian will be there! His name is listed first….this is great!

One – anytime people do stuff for charity – it’s awesome
Two – All 5 Strokes hanging out together is a good sign!

@Nicki
YES!! I want to move to New York this afternoon, lol!

659 LillySu April 24, 2012 at 5:22 am

@Annie 1251
You are quite an optimist!

660 LillySu April 24, 2012 at 5:29 am

@Annie 1251
Wau, different poster! I’m so happy!

661 Annie 1251 April 24, 2012 at 5:39 am

@LillySu
Well, actually, I’ve been wondering if Julian has even put one foot in the studio at all lately w/Nick and Albert. It’s frustrating that we just don’t know for sure. But I promised I would be more positive on this subject – so I’ve really been trying not to be negative!

BUT – if they can all hang out together for an evening, then maybe old wounds are healing and they can all work together (in the same studio, at the same time!) and put out a great album.
I’m really hoping that will happen.

@Leaving Just in Time & @Taank

Ok – I know you guys are New Yorkers – any chance either of you can get to this thing tonight?
It is $25, but really – if all 5 guys are going to be there? Totally worth it, right?
And could you maybe ask a few questions, like, oh I don’t know…how about:
“Hey, how’s Strokes V coming along?” lol.

662 LillySu April 24, 2012 at 6:30 am

@Annie 1251
Well, I just wanted to ask our New York bloggers exactly the same thing. :)

Also, I was afraid to say it loud (or to type it), but I had those same black thoughts about Julian and studio. I promiss I’ll be optimist from now on. Ha ha, this different version of poster is a sign!

663 Nicki April 24, 2012 at 8:20 am

It’s weird that there’s 2 posters with Julian on one and not on the other. I wonder which one is true? Even if Julian isn’t there I’m sure there’s a good reason for it! I’m not gonna assume something bad and get all worried! If he is there then I agree with Annie. All 5 of them doing something together is definitely a good sign! And I was thinking the same thing about the people on here from NYC. You guys should go and see if you can get any info out of them!

664 Annie 1251 April 24, 2012 at 9:26 am

@Nicki & @LillySu

I posted the other poster (with Julian’s name on it) to Eric on the new thread.
Let’s see if he knows (or can find out for us) which one is right.

665 Annie 1251 April 24, 2012 at 12:04 pm

@ Nicki & @LillySu

Well it looks like Julian won’t be there. But, I was thinking – he might have reconsidered because being in the whole bar scene is not really a healthy place for him.
What do you think?

666 LillySu April 24, 2012 at 1:18 pm

@Annie 1251
I don’t know what to think anymore. Someone on that new threat mentioned possibility of a surprise gig. Imagine…

667 Nicki April 24, 2012 at 4:14 pm

@lillysu oh my god if that happens… I don’t even know. I’ll be so happy and sad at the same time! So happy that they’re doing something together that they don’t “have” to do, but so incredibly sad that I wasn’t there to see it!

668 LillySu April 24, 2012 at 10:34 pm

@Nicki
Don’t be sad. Let’s hope someone would give us some information soon. I’m dying to hear something!

669 Annie 1251 April 25, 2012 at 5:04 am

@ANYONE!!!

OK – it’s Wednesday morning – does anyone have any info about how it went last night??!!!
Was the rumor true – did our guys do a surprise performance? Did JC show up?

@Dillon

Nicki posted about that right away – I’m so glad she did! she said it was a fake twitter account (set up as Ryan, I think) , and Albert was just clarifying that it was fake.

670 kore dizileri izle July 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Great article admin thank you. I located what i was trying to find here. I’ll review complete of posts in such a day

671 Kurt July 25, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I wanted for this website publish admin really thanks i will glance your subsequent sharings i bookmarked your webpage

672 http://kcupscheap.org July 28, 2012 at 7:49 am

I like this post quite considerably. I will surely be back. Hope that I can go by way of far more insightful posts then. Will likely be sharing your wisdom with all of my pals! 450682

673 camper van insurance online July 30, 2012 at 7:45 am

You produced some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the dilemma and discovered most individuals will go coupled with along along with your internet site. 57045

674 reference August 4, 2012 at 9:00 am

Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to swap solutions with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested. 181735

675 loan review August 5, 2012 at 9:50 am

Oh my goodness! a amazing post dude. Thank you Even so I is going to be experiencing concern with ur rss . Don

676 msn September 5, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Wow, cool post. I

677 V2 Cigs Review September 15, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I

678 car insurance comparison reviews September 17, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Some truly nice stuff on this web site , I it. 652877

679 Dallas heating September 17, 2012 at 9:12 pm

An extremely interesting read, I may possibly not agree completely, but you do make some very valid points. 802419

680 dyck o neal September 19, 2012 at 3:37 am

light bulbs are very good for lighting the home but stay away from incandescent lamps because they produce so considerably heat;; 776204

681 o8shop Online shopping israel September 19, 2012 at 4:33 am