UPDATED: ‘All The Time’ is the name of the first single from Strokes V, and Strokes V appears to be completed

Update: I’ve confirmed with Mike Kaplan, the Program Director at 107.7 The End, that “All The Time” is indeed the first single from the Strokes’ new album. Kaplan has also heard some of the other songs on the record — he said they all sound “amazing” and added that the fan base won’t be disappointed — and will provide advanced notice as to when 107.7 will premiere the first single once the station gets the green light from RCA Records. So, the album appears to be completed. UPDATED

Update 2: 107.7 just posted on their website that, of the two songs they’ve heard, “One was a more synth driven track, with the other …”All The Time” packing a classic strokes sound.” UPDATED

It’s starting.

(107.7 posted this late on Wednesday)

(photo via. And “mike” is most likely program director Mike Kaplan.)

Soooo, I’d say the new single comes out within the next couple weeks if this is indeed true (remember, 107.7 is the station that leaked Machu and TFAF). Unlike Strokes IV, it obviously doesn’t seem as if there’s a super-secret seal on the first single. Moreover, I’d say to expect the new record in the first half of this year (!) and probably some tour dates to follow.

What does everybody else think? Oh, and who do you think wrote “All the Time”? My money is on a Nick-Jules-Albert collaboration.

351 luis January 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm

i honestly couldn’t believe it, but it sounds so amazing. i think its a perfect crossover between the strokes old sound and the strokes synth sound. its heavy on the synthesizers but it’s not like games or ask me anything, it sounds like a classic upbeat “punchy?” strokes song + higher pitched Julian vocals which i’ve always really loved.

352 Matt January 25, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Dat solo! They harmonizing their guitars! And it also sounds like there’s a third guitar/instrument during the solo.

353 Thom January 25, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I wonder how Julian is going to sing this live, since his voice seemed to be getting a bit worse. (Or maybe that was just me.)

354 JOhn January 25, 2013 at 12:46 pm

no way he hits these notes live.

355 TheTourist January 25, 2013 at 12:47 pm

@Luis
Agreed! I guess Angles was a transition album.

@Matt
Yeah, it’s super busy and explosive but still (just barely) contained like TIOLI

I like the single’s name too!

356 the modern age January 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

There’s definitely a vocal effect going on.

GUYS I LOVE THIS!!!

@luis, I agree completely!

357 Jasper January 25, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Has anyone gotten the MP3 download in their email yet? I put in two different addresses but still haven’t gotten it.

358 LillySu January 25, 2013 at 12:54 pm

@muthastone
Big thanx for sharing the info. I can hardly wait to hear that. So exciting!

@Cory
Nice job. I wouldn’t do it that way, but I like it. It’s sweet and gentle. I don’t have problem with covers, it’s always a way of showing appreciation. My favorite TS covers…

359 the modern age January 25, 2013 at 12:55 pm

@Jasper, I got mine, but I was looking at my twitter when Albert tweeted it. I bet it’s so overloaded right now!

I can’t stop listening to it!

360 TheTourist January 25, 2013 at 12:56 pm

@Jasper
Got mine!

361 the modern age January 25, 2013 at 12:56 pm

There are over 43,000 plays on TS website so far, and it’s only been on twitter for 57 minutes.

362 Tommy Pickles January 25, 2013 at 12:57 pm

@Jasper, I got mine but I had to do it twice.

@John and Thom, He was able to hit the high notes when they played Games on Conan. This will definitely be alot harder to do live though, because he’s singing most of the song in falsetto. I wonder who they’re gonna have play synths though.

363 TheTourist January 25, 2013 at 1:04 pm

@Tommy
I’m assuming Albert but whoever knows guitar sounds should know who’s playing on this beauty of a song.

For the vocals, I can’t wait to see a live performance. I would think they’d consider it before recording it like that, right?

364 Matt January 25, 2013 at 1:11 pm

@Tommy and Tourist
I have no clue how they’re going to do this one live. Perhaps Julian doing synths? Both Albert and Nick has guitar parts, so they won’t have a free hand for synths.

365 TheTourist January 25, 2013 at 1:13 pm

@Matt
Who’s doing the solo?

366 LillySu January 25, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Love it! So different from everything they did, but sooooo good!

367 Tommy Pickles January 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm

@TheTourist, I was thinking it’d be Albert but I thought I heard the rainbow guitars on the solo. That might just be an effect on Nicks guitar though. And I’m sure Julian wouldn’t sing like this if he didn’t think he could pull it off live.

368 Matt January 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm

@TheTourist
At the start of the solo, I assume Nick. It sounds like his tone. Then Albert joins to to harmonize together.

369 the modern age January 25, 2013 at 1:18 pm

@LS, Good I’m glad you’re here for this!

370 the modern age January 25, 2013 at 1:19 pm

The guitars are talking to each other. This is so great.

371 LillySu January 25, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I cant stop listening. Love it after first listening. So passionate singing! Love guitar solo. Love synths! I’m pleasantly surprised.

372 Tommy Pickles January 25, 2013 at 1:22 pm

@Matt, yeah that’s exactly what I heard too. I think they’re gonna have to use that 12:51 effect to play some of the more synth sounding parts, like the lead synth part that plays throughout the song.

373 Matt January 25, 2013 at 1:27 pm

What’s weird is that I hear 3 main parts in all. You’ve got the poppy synth-sounding lead, then Nick’s Acoustic-ish guitar, then Albert’s typical soft-distortion guitar. Maybe I’m hearing wrong, but I think they may have to play a backing track if they play this song live.

374 the modern age January 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm

@Matt, I was thinking the same thing. There’s a lot going on, akin to something from Phrazes. Julian had a lot to do with this one, I’m sure of that.

375 LillySu January 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Julian won’t have trouble singing in falsetto.

376 LillySu January 25, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Those sounds at beginning are something like in ITI, no? And I’m sure Julian won’t have trouble singing in falsetto. He don’t have to shout here.

377 LillySu January 25, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Ups, I posted it twice, sorry!

378 TheTourist January 25, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Isn’t falsetto easier to sing than the UCOD vocals? Less reaching, more soft and sweet?

379 Scoflbopter! January 25, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Holy crap this is cool. I only ‘liked’ it at first, but after 20 listens it’s been ingrained in my head forever. I wonder if they’re treating this as a single or just a one-off song to get people pumped?

Also, for all worrying about a live version, falsetto isn’t that hard for a professional singer to do, and it’s usually easier to control than normal head voice. And Julian has proven he could do it before.

380 the modern age January 25, 2013 at 1:35 pm

@LS and T, Agree about the falsetto. It’s so gentle :) I can’t stop smiling!

381 Matt January 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I’m more curious about how the guitar compositions are arranged. What is being played and what isn’t?

382 LillySu January 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm

@MA
Me to! :D

383 Cory January 25, 2013 at 3:44 pm

@Annie
@Matt
@Modern Age
@Lilly SU

thank you for your input, I was afraid I’d get more comments like the one from Anthony. I am not trying to sell records or anything, its not a contest to me.

384 Matt January 25, 2013 at 3:57 pm

@Cory
Of course! I welcome covers!

385 the modern age January 25, 2013 at 4:45 pm

@Cory, No problem! I’m glad you posted it. That takes guts in itself!

386 cooldoctor April 9, 2013 at 8:32 pm

generic Rivastigmine Tartrate no prescription needed
“We have nine,” answered the Professor; “but they do
generic Rivastigmine Tartrate no prescription needed
buy cheap generic Rivastigmine Tartrate quick delivery no prescription
order online Rivastigmine Tartrate no perscription overnight >> http://estraceonweb.pen.io/
smooth sides in the dark until he finally saw the
discount Rivastigmine Tartrate non prescription
It is difficult not to mention the difference in coat condition after using this shampoo!
cheap Rivastigmine Tartrate in canada no prescription