Albert Hammond Jr’s ‘AHJ’ is streaming now!

BUUkn5_CAAAvinSAlbert Hammond Jr’s five-song EP has hit the Internet. Listen to it here, and be sure to purchase it when it comes out at the beginning of next week.

The tracklist, in order, is as follows.

Carnal Cruise

Cooker Ship

Strange Tidings

Rude Customer

St. Justice

1 wilson October 4, 2013 at 9:46 am

Impressive, makes me wonder what could be of a full album.

2 Gabriel October 4, 2013 at 10:53 am

Fucking rad

3 Next Dimension October 4, 2013 at 10:53 am

Wow! Very good… was not expecting it to be that polished.

4 1251ISMYTIME October 4, 2013 at 10:54 am

COOKER SHIP!

5 Dracula's Lunch October 4, 2013 at 11:04 am

Wow, this is really good stuff. It’s nice to see Albert is so enthusiastic about making music :)

6 yeah October 4, 2013 at 11:57 am

didn’t expect it to be this good. wee need lyrics though

7 Konrad October 4, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Just imagine cooker ship on the strokes record … with Julian on Vocal, Fab on drums … It would be even more awesome than it is now!

8 Kinger October 4, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Urgh mer Gerd!!!!

Strange Tidings is by far one of my favorites of Albert’s. Those ghostly-sounding guitars is so echoed and beautiful! MMM

I love alllll of it! Definitely buying this awesomeness!

9 nina October 4, 2013 at 5:39 pm

folks ought to stop envisioning this as “what could have been” with the rest of the band. if these songs were meant for it – we would have heard it. albert just dropped an incredible ep. stop making it about everyone else.

10 Adam October 4, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Big fan of all of Albert’s solo stuff, and this EP is great too. Gonna see him in DC for sure.

11 Matt October 4, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Very cool.

12 Matt October 4, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Will anyone be recording his live performance tonight for those who have no TV?

13 Bobby October 4, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Some of the vocals on Rude Customer remind me a lot of Robert Pollard and GBV.

14 Joseph A October 4, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Don’t quit your day job, Albert.

15 Kinger October 4, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Just saw Albert in Letterman.

Man, felt emotional.

Overall, he did a great performance! All the guitars simultaneously were freaking awesome. His singing was top-notch. He also resembled a lot like Julian fiddling with the mic stand and his posture. XD

But about the emotion part…

I was sad really. Just seeing Albert there felt like he was missing a piece of the puzzle. Maybe four pieces. Just seeing him there without Jules, Fab, Nick and Nikolai was just horrifying to me. Maybe it’s because I worry that they won’t return again (which I should stop thinking that). Or, i’m just depressed and want to hear from The Strokes because it’s been SOOOO long since they spoke all together.

Us fans don’t deserve this type of denial of The Strokes returning. I wish it was changed but we can’t.

All we can do now is just (like in past times)

wait…

16 mateja October 4, 2013 at 10:05 pm
17 Ubu October 4, 2013 at 10:08 pm

that was fast, thanks mateja!

18 Wolfsie October 5, 2013 at 12:30 am

What a great performance! I really like the EP – so far Rude Customer is still my favourite. I thought Albert looked great and played and sang really well. I feel strangely really proud of him! Now I just really hope he does some European tour dates…

19 Annie 1251 October 5, 2013 at 6:42 am

I just want to post this GREAT interview with Albert that Wolfsie just found-

*It sheds alot of light on why Albert is on his third solo foray (he wanted to do solo stuff since he was a teenager).

Also – this last paragraph makes me think TS will def go with Cult records:

“In a loose respect, Julian’s whole Cult Records and The Strokes’ philosophy is to bridge the gap between amazing music and music created for the masses. When we were young, we used to question why the rawness of music is diluted when it reaches a certain point of success. Right now, Cult are creating new ways to find answers to that question. It’s a great working relationship between Cult and I – a total team process.”

**It’s all Julian has talked about since 2001. WANTING TO DO STUFF HIS OWN WAY.
And with Cult – he CAN.

20 Matt October 5, 2013 at 9:01 am

Speaking of Cult, the bands they are partnering with seem to have a good oldies vibe to them. I like it.

21 AtticusEff October 5, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Love it. Nice little dish to calm the hunger pangs until the new Strokes album.

22 H October 8, 2013 at 9:34 am

Now that I’ve listened to everything in its entirety, the songs are actually kinda good/cohesive for the EP. Sorry for saying this cos I don’t want to take anything away from Albert, but I imagine the rest of TS would bring these songs to the next level if they collaborated. This EP sounds like what The Strokes album should be like as a sort of ‘return to its Is This It roots’. It’s still top notch on its own, but while listening I thought of the others a lot and what they could bring to the songs.

23 Next Dimension October 11, 2013 at 6:13 am

Anyone else loving the new Arctic Monkey’s album? For some reasons it sounds like a 21st century Rubber Soul to me…