Albert Hammond Jr. to release 5-song EP on Cult Records

Albert Hammond Jr. is on the most recent edition of Har Mar Superstar’s Nocturnal Emotions podcast, and he dropped some rather big news near the beginning of the episode.

Albert recently recorded a five-song EP at his studio in upstate New York, working with friends Gus Oberg (production) and Matt Romano (drums). Albert said he did most of the work on the record. He sang, played both bass and guitar and, I would assume, wrote each song. Romano played drums on four of the five songs, and the fifth song has a drum machine.

Albert added that the record will be released by, at the latest, September. Julian Casablancas’ label Cult Records will release it.

51 the modern age July 9, 2013 at 7:48 pm

@WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT, I think Jules is looking pretty damn good.

52 gibson July 9, 2013 at 10:57 pm
53 hipster July 10, 2013 at 12:04 am

@WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT
He doesnt have any unreleased songs listed on ASCAP.Dont misinform people.
Also,nobody gives a fuck about Julians or Albert shape.People care about the music here

54 Annie 1251 July 10, 2013 at 3:35 am

@WTFWT
MA is right. http://zestroked.tumblr.com/post/50481242420/warpainters-binkshapiro-talkstostrangers

@hipster & @WTFWT
Besides all the awesome music, the fact is that all five Strokes are all good-looking. And even though the band, Julian in particular, tried to downplay that issue from Day One of TS- it was/is a unique aspect. I can’t think of any other band where every member is real attractive like TS. js.

Here’s a funny quote about that subject from their good friend Jack White:

*LOL!

55 Annie 1251 July 10, 2013 at 3:42 am

@gibson
Those Nardwuar interviews crack me up! :)
But Julian did say some pretty insightful things -

My favorite part of the whole interview is @2:21 here on Part 2- Julian’s little rant:

56 mike b July 10, 2013 at 7:31 am

Remember when Ryan Gentles sent everyone the email about more strokes news coming soon when Comedown Machine got released. Well its been 3 and a half months….

57 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT July 10, 2013 at 9:42 am

@themodernage
@annie1251

Yes Jules been looking better these days : ) I hope I didnt sound as a bully for making it seem that I called Julian *fat, which I didnt, I just thought that Albert has been looking pretty fit (muscle-wise) lately, as well as during the Tour for Angles, just thought that the two should workout together! keep that bromance going stronger by being workout buddies or something!

Also, since knowing u girls saw him in person, I am glad hes looking better! yeah they are a goodlooking bunch.

@Hipster
Jules has lists of unreleased songs on ASCAP.
some titles like Funky Jam and other stuff.

58 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT July 10, 2013 at 9:44 am

@Annie

about downplaying…I totally agree too : ) I think he even put on some to downplay all the “goodlooking band” hype from all the magazines , yet keepin the swagga on ;)

59 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT July 10, 2013 at 9:47 am

Also
@hipster.
look guy/girl..i didnt use “fuck” in my comments or anything, quit being so aggressive.
I care about the music wholeheartedly.

60 WHATTHEFUCKWHASTHAT July 10, 2013 at 10:06 am

@Hipster

MOST/ALL unreleased songs are on the U.S. Copyrights website,however.
songs make it to ASCAP when released or further put into work for producers or hwen almost finalizing mixing stage.

what I meant originally, was that Jules has unreleased songs on Copyrights website.

61 WHAT July 10, 2013 at 11:33 am
62 coconuts July 10, 2013 at 12:21 pm

@annie
couldn’t agree with you more on the Nardwuar interview!
(in my hometown of Vancouver noless)
& the highlite in part 2…”your hands feel great!”
Julian is totally serious but Nardwuar’s having none of it :)

63 gibson July 10, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Probably a new strokes record will drop on march or something

64 JD July 11, 2013 at 6:18 am

I’m thinking late 2014, best case scenario

65 Eric Van Dril July 11, 2013 at 10:04 am

@JD — I think 2015 or 2016 would be more accurate. You have to factor in that it takes The Strokes a long time to work on new stuff and record new tracks. Moreover, they have to find a new record label, put together a tour and do a bunch of other things they didn’t do for this record since it was the last one with RCA.

66 Andres July 11, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I think they are going to do a lil tour next year and then they are going to realesed their next album, like arctic monkeys is doing it now. or like coldplay did with mylo xyloto

i mean 3 or 2 month of touring….then a lil break and then New album and full global and universal tour in all the galaxy etc blabablablah

67 Joseph A July 11, 2013 at 5:28 pm

I had a dream a few nights ago where James Gandolfini was my dad and Julian was my brother. I think Albert stopped by too.

68 Andres July 11, 2013 at 7:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwYdacpMOIY albert playing guitar! <3333 new video

69 Duval July 11, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Hey Guys! I love 8-Bit Sounds. If you love 8-Bit too, you might know that there are some crazy asian guys transfering our beloved strokes songs into Super Nintendo Bossfight Music(Juicebox, anyone?!).
Well, i used one of those 8-Bit versions out there to make an 8bit of ‘Welcome To Japan’…but…*ruffle* cover _with_ vocals. Hope you guys enjoy it. :)

Stay tuned, Sebbo

70 The Joads July 12, 2013 at 11:05 pm

We just released a new EP entitled “Chris,” and here is the new music video for the first single from the EP:

We’ve drawn comparisons to The White Stripes, The Beatles, The Ramones, the Strokes, and The Shins. Give the video/soundcloud page a gander!

Let us know what you think, also.

Cheers!

71 Mikey B July 13, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I think 50% of the songs off Comedown Machine were from Angles sessions. So who knows maybe there are songs they have ready for album 6 that they did during CM sessions

72 gibson July 13, 2013 at 3:45 pm

is it just me or did Julian not give a shit in the angles tour?

73 Matt M July 14, 2013 at 2:21 pm

There is a really cool video that is the only thing on alberthammondjr.com. Its like an old film trailer thingy but it just tells you his website is coming. Its pretty cool and you should check it out.

74 Matt_Pinheiro July 14, 2013 at 4:42 pm
75 mateja July 15, 2013 at 7:21 am

@gibson

It’s not you, except for one or two nights, Julian didn’t give a single fuck in that tour. It was kinda sad at some points.

76 The Joads July 21, 2013 at 8:07 pm

https://soundcloud.com/thejoads/weekends-1 Enjoy :)

She’s talking to a wall in a bathroom stall
Soaking up the lights
“Shame, blame it all on me, doing what you preach.
You’re preaching to a leach.”

When you think of all the little things
Well, the bigger things swallow you whole
When you try and face the bigger things
Well, the little ones, fill the holes

Her old man screwed the pooch when he cut her loose,
Now she’s out on the prowl
She won’t back down
Talking loud,
With a shut mouth

I tried to see your side, but you were sniffing out my hide
Now all I do is cry and keep my lane
I was looking for a stone to throw, but bigger stones leave bigger holes
In such a pretty face